Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. (2233 Views)

Tag That Nairalander That Deserves This / Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by ipledge10(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
VicO - RIP Drake & Meek mill

1 Like

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by mablie(m): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
Adaobi12:
I think darey plays piano in his songs.
I am referring to african music instruments like the djembe,udu,shekere,mbira and the kora.The largest music companies in the world are really only interested in signing "authentic african musicians" who play these instruments or majorly encompass the sounds of these instruments and their authentic languages in their songs.That's why music artistes like salif keita,Youssou N'dour,Fela,Ali farka toure,Amadou & mariam,Femi kuti even seun kuti etc will be more recognised and respected by the grammy officials and western music consumers than all the timayas et al combined

1 Like

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by lezz(m): 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
petkruz:

I try to master the igbo, even if i'm singing rubbish lol. I don't know why he stopped though,think when his "big sterio" radio got spoilt he lost interest.
'Sup voodoo _bitch?

Have you made the call to kill me yet?
Who was at the other end? How much did you pay?

Or you did the incantations yourself?

Dark witch, you threaten folks online with the potency of charms because you're from Edo state and Ishan by heritage.

How many have you killed before? Or you want to debute with me?
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by firstking01(m): 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
Emodeee:
There are some nigerian songs that deserves grammy nomination but i don't just know why they are yet to be nominated.

I know we have noise makers in the music industry but it doesn't change the fact that we have sane musicians in the music industry. Artiste whose songs will make you elated just by listening to their well integrated lyrics that is accompanied with a nice beat.

In my opinion, nigerian songs that deserves grammy nomination are:-

1. inside of you by darey featuring asa:- this song is dope. When two ace artistes CUMs together, you should expect a bomb.
Something that will blow you away.

2. Pray for me by darey: he is not the everyday nigerian musician, he is distinct. He doesn't release album errday like every other artiste bt when he RELEASES an album, expect something laudable.

3. Wish me well by timi dakolo:- this artiste is WOW. Have ever heard him sing live? I have, you will know it's not the studio that is enhancing his voice.
Wish me well is a beautiful song by timi dakolo and it think it deserves a grammy nomination.

Share yours.
nigerian songs of this contemporary age is grossly rubbishundecided...they are singing repeatation of what people have sang before...copy write everywhere...
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Emodeee: 12:19am On Jan 23, 2016
Lalasticlala.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by sarutobie(m): 12:29am On Jan 23, 2016
iwo nikan by aramide simantiniya by Cynthia Morgan (this girl outdid herself on that song) never faraway by lagbaja right now by sheyi shay

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / A Very Boring Relationship / Five Shocking Reasons Men Hire Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.