Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,087 members, 7,916,157 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:39 PM

He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. (16976 Views)

Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by VanUrch(m): 11:40am On Jan 17, 2016
Let me make it simple for you with this question... which one of these two will outlast the other?
1. MSc Certificate
2. A Contract slave....the choice is yours.
BTW you know nothing will change if u actually admit you are the one in question right?
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by GeoOla25(m): 11:42am On Jan 17, 2016
profsho1:
Tell him to finish d MSc bcuz he wil later regret it if he abandon it.
If it is a permanent job, I can say mak e abandon d MSc.
Am even abt to resign from my present 50k job for my MSc.
Look b4 u leap
Please what job are you doing and when are you resigning...and can I get in touch with the HR.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by GeoOla25(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
urch111:
I work in a bank, as a full staff. Everyday I wish I could pause my job and go get masters degree bcus the job is time consuming and someone who is almost done would rather abandon it for some contract job, where there's no career path, no promotion.
the truth is, to secure a contract position in a bank is not difficult, he can always get the same opportunity again when he's done with his program. I understand things are hard, a young man with no money is really challenging but there's always a price to pay for something.
Please how can I get a banking Job...be direct or contract job.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by kdidi: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
ykolajide:
Bro,my simple advice is dat,it would hv been betterb if you get d job direct from bank Rather than being a common contract staff,being a contract staff two tins are involved,one no career path,two ur job can be terminated by d company dat employed u for the bank,another point being a contract staff u are more or less a slave in ur department and u can be frustrated at any time by a collegue that get the job direct from bank,in a nutshell complete ur msc and pray to god for better offer after or before the completion of ur programm all the best....
he has said it all. i wont even advise any1 to go for contract work in d bank, pls and pls it beta u manage where u are teaching and finish ur program. pls dont allow experience to teach in this case o.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by oluwanoni: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Breadfruit:

You obviously don't know how masters works. Except you are talking about a low-level school where lecturers can be bought, course work matters big time!!

Thanks for the enlightenment, I know person's who are and are running it concurrently in Unilag, and yes they are on contract, nothing is impossible....look at the brighter side.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Florblu(f): 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Quitting certainty for uncertainty is a great offence
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by urch111(m): 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
GeoOla25:

Please how can I get a banking Job...be direct or contract job.
For contract position, go to workforce office along Gbagada express if you are in Lagos. For permanent position, submit your CV to the bank and pray to get shortlisted. pm me here and I will reply with an email you can send your CV to.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 18, 2016
If you are truly his friend then you're supposed to act as one and tell him to complete that program.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Breadfruit: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2016
oluwanoni:

Thanks for the enlightenment, I know person's who are and are running it concurrently in Unilag, and yes they are on contract, nothing is impossible....look at the brighter side.

Masters in Unilag is all about money na and buying people over. In a school where masters is masters, it is impossible. Is it not the same masters I did or is it not a bank that I work?

This is not dem say. It is a life I lived and still live!!
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by scilstraining: 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
COURSE: PROJECT MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAMME
PRICE: 35,000
DATE: JANUARY 25, 26, 27, 2016
VENUE: SCILS MANAGEMENT CENTRE. 58, OPEBI ROAD, SALVATION BUS/STOP, IKEJA, LAGOS.
INFO@SCILSNG.COM, 08094001990.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
MrSocrate:
My course mate and a good friend who has a Bsc. Zoology (2.1) cert. and currently teaching in a private school and will complete his Msc course work this April and has started his project, just got a contract job in one of the Nigerian banks and wishes to abandon the programme, is pleading for honest and sincere advice from matured and experienced N'landers. Pls your advice is greatly appreciated

I would finish the Masters programme. What if he loses the contract job 3 years down the line? He will end up with an incomplete degree and unemployed.He only has 3 months till the end of the programme.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by GeoOla25(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
urch111:

For contract position, go to workforce office along Gbagada express if you are in Lagos. For permanent position, submit your CV to the bank and pray to get shortlisted. pm me here and I will reply with an email you can send your CV to.
Please send it to my email: olaoludave@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mathematicians' & Statisticians' Colloquium / Top 8 accounting software/package / Meridians Life Support Foundation Skill Acquisition Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.