Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,158 members, 7,890,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:15 AM

Why We Just Cant Get All Along As Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why We Just Cant Get All Along As Nigerians (320 Views)

We Just Killed This Snake At Our Site / BREAKING!!! Price Of Rice Crashes As Nigerians Approach The Festive Season / A 4yrs Old Boy Lost His Mom But Just Cant Let Them Bury Her (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Just Cant Get All Along As Nigerians by sannoihabeeb(m): 9:30am On Jan 17, 2016
WHY WE ALL JUST CAN'T GET ALONG
Our Giant Africa Country political polarization is driven more by incorrect beliefs and stereotypes about the other side, other ethnic groups than distaste with those people.
That should be good news for those wondering how to knit polarized sides together, or at least nudge them toward compromise. Incorrect beliefs are easier to overcome than an ingrained lack of trust. However, as the writer later demonstrate, even that remedy may prove hard to achieve
If it seems we are a nation of opposites more than ever, we are. According to a Pew Research Center report in 2014, political polarization of the American public has increased, and partisan antagonism is "deeper and more extensive than at any point in the last two decades." same experience existing in the nigeria state
“When we look at people’s political identities, we know there is huge polarization in Nigeria” .
But a fundamental question is, are these being driven by what economists would call taste—‘I like yoruba people and don’t like green ibo or hausa’—or is it driven by beliefs—‘it’s not that I don’t like them per se, I just don’t think we can trust them.’ Those are two completely different reasons that observationally result in the same thing—‘I don’t trust them’—but has very different policy implications and takeaways for practitioners.”
the overarching issue is what leads people to trust one group over another, which has implications for business, socio cultural existence as well as the political arena.
“my view is that it really seems that it’s actually beliefs that drive trust, not taste. That’s actually good news because it’s harder to change people’s taste preferences than it is beliefs,”
The idea is the more we can have trusting transactions and relationships and exchanges, that’s going to be better for everyone.
This is my little view.....

http://sannihabeeb..com.ng/?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Spread Love With Assorted Flower Gifts / Enjoy 70% Discount Now On How To Start A Poultry Farm + Best Marketing Strategy / According To Alexa: Why You Should Quit Betting And G'amb'ling Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.