Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,487 members, 7,968,343 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:26 AM

What Is Spirituality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Spirituality? (370 Views)

What Is Spirituality / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Spirituality? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:52am On Jan 17, 2016
What is spirituality? Is it doing some strange things or manifesting spiritual powers? The church in Corinth was filled with people who are blessed with a lot of spiritual powers but look at what Paul said to them: "Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life." (1Cor 3:1-2). Despite all the spiritual manifestations that was in that church it still wasn't considered spiritual. If manifesting spiritual gifts is not spirituality, what then is spirituality?

Looking closely at the letters of Paul, you see that he uses these phrases interchangeable: "in the spirit" and "in Christ". This is because being in Christ is being in the spirit - "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit," (Rom 8:9). And walking in the spirit is walking in Christ. Expressing spirituality is expressing Christ. Doing a spiritual thing is doing Christ and living a spiritual life is living Christ. A true spiritual man is one who says, "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Gal 2:20).

How do we grow spiritually? We do not grow spiritually by having more spiritual gifts and manifestations. But we grow spiritually by becoming more and more like Christ. The church in Corinth has all these spiritual gifts but they were not considered spiritually matured because even spiritual gifts can be used carnally. This is the reason Paul wrote to address the church in Corinth, they had spiritual gifts but they where using it in a carnal way because they were not spiritual people.

Spiritual knowledge is not knowledge about some mystical or abstract things but true spiritual knowledge is the knowledge of Christ. A true Christian knowledge is not knowledge about a religion, or knowledge about the Bible but knowledge about Christ. True spiritual knowledge is knowledge about the constituents of Christ. As Christians we are to worship God in the spirit and our lives should be a worship to God. Therefore everything we do should be a worship to God and everything we do should be spiritual. Yes, let everything we do be Christ, let him freely live through us. For this is the true spiritual worship we should give to God.

hiswordxray..com/2016/01/christ-is-spirituality.html

(1) (Reply)

Check Your Life Before Critisize / My Prayer For You / History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.