Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,820 members, 7,872,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her (45893 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by chronique(m): 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
bigiyaro:
OP, tell your brother everything, from A to Z. To make tins worst if ur brother's fiancée inherited her father's wickedness, ur brother is so-so done for.

In all of these,this is the only thing I'm worried about.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Ruin their relationship.
We dey ur back.

Lol... What an advice!
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by MurphyG1(m): 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
If you don't tell him, u'll definitely regret it. He is your brother for God's sake! If he still wants to marry her after u've told him, its his decision.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
. It's not all that simple for him (OP) to just let it go like that... Just put urself in his shoes... Twud always hurt!

Oppression hurts
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Csami(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
Anybody telling to forgive that family is wicked! How can someone charge my dad to court for a house he bought with his money, crumble his businesses and destroy his properties and someone will tell me to forgive such? My dear, I'm not Jesus Christ. Let your brother know simple and add sugar to the story.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
ournaijablog:
please how's he making a terrible mistake? is the girl her father? who knows she might not have been born when the incident happened, the old testament said the sins of the father should be visited onto the children until the 4th generation, but Christ came and told us old things have passed away and all things have become new.

I have no problem with him telling the brother about what her father did to his family, what I have a problem with is the manner in which he will tell the brother cos from his write up Supra he's heart is still filled with hate and unforgiveness. What e should be telling him is to tell the brother calmly an let the brother know the family has forgiven her family and moved on and that he just wanted him to know shekinah, cos them go still jam theirselves on their wedding day, Family to Family grin
a family that ruined his family now pretending to be good. There's no way the girl wouldn't have heard the history between the two families. And don't tell me about forgiveness because there's no way his mother who cried day and night because of the trauma could forgive them. His parents are just being sentimental

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by princejones(m): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
You have to ask God to give you a forgiving spirit,have you thought of all the things you have committed against God and yet he still forgives you,let it go and have your peace back

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by martinlooter(m): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
Has any idiot on this thread taking time to ask what or how the brother will feel if is not told and later finds out that it has being a conspiracy, especially from his own man (closest brother).
My guy, no waste time to tell your brother ASAP. your brother will hate you more if you don't tell him, he will hate your parents, divorce the bitxh and get on with his life.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by vicraven(m): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
Bloodlines bro,bloodlines... they say blood is thicker than jwince.. that gurl sure has the blood of papa.and one day,when egbon and that girl quarrel,she gon' send awon boys dem to beat him up... remember.. bloodlines...

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by gabicon: 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
SSpeter:
I know this might not be totally right but at least it will make me feel great. Egbon wants to get married in march and automatically I will become the best Man. But I don't want him to get married to her. It is not because of her but the dad.

It all started back in 1998 my dad was having a court case with our supposed in-law over our house. The house was sold to my dad by the late late brother of our supposed in-law. That was even before my dad got married. We have lived in that house for more than 10yrs. My siblings and I were born there. After the death of the brother in 1998 he dragged my dad to court saying his brother was only a benefactor and does not have the legal right to sell the building and their late father made him the executor of His properties according to the late father's will. My parents were partners in business and their office was located at the ground floor of the building where we lived. Their goods were also stored there (plumbing equipment).

Prior to joining the plumbing business, my dad was into commercial inter-state transport services after suffering heavy losses he auctioned what was left and joined my mum in the plumbing business. A year later he was in court with our supposed in-law. The legal battle started in December. Egbon travelled with an aunt of mine who had won a visa lottery the previous year. My sisters were older than the guys. they were already in boarding school. I was the king of the house. My dad suffered many embarrassment at the hands of our supposed in-law. He dragged the case for some years money meant for business ended up in legal battles. My dad had to borrow to pay suppliers. He couldn't not order for new materials anymore and the business eventually collapsed. Extended families gave their support until 2003 when a lagos high court handed our supposed in-law victory undecided

My dad wanted to appeal the judgement but his lawyer told him to get an apartment with whatever he has left. Although my parents thought they hid everything from us. Perhaps my sisters didn't notice because they were not always home but I saw my mum cry severally. I saw the fears in my dad eyes. I listened to their whispering at night I knew we were doomed. Our supposed In-law sold the house to a bank. The bank gave two weeks to evacuate. But before the notice expired they brought sledge hammer and started destroying the building with our properties in it. My dad tried to protest but he was beaten and arrested. For the first time I saw our "Supposed In-law" that day ordering the boys to destroy everything. My dad was later released days after. I went to live with my cousins. My sisters also went to live with my other cousins.

In 2006 I wrote a mail to Egbon I narrated all that happened to him and he vowed he was going to ensure that they payed for it dearly. Few years later, I got admission into the university my parents embraced christ; But I still feel bitter. How time flies, my sisters are both married and it's just me preparing for the life of a bachelor; Until recently my brother told me his plans of getting married, I noticed it because he has visited us more than usual last year and had extensive discussions with my parents. But whenever He came back He still promised my dad that he will never forget all that happened. My dad told him that was in the past but I know what my brother was capable of doing as regards family.

He brought his supposed girl friend (I believe that is all she will ever be) to the house last christmas everyone welcomed her but immediately I set my eyes on her, she looked like the man that was giving orders to tear down our house. I asked her for her surname, when she said ****US, I knew she was the daughter of our long time enemy. When they left, my mum and dad begged me that I shouldn't say anything. That they have forgiven him. She invited my parents and I during the new year but I declined. I have also told my brother I can't be his best man. He thought am joking cos it was via mail. My brother had assured me severally whenever I told him what became of us after then that incident and he told me "I will give up anything to deal with the Man that messed with my family". I guess I will have to tell him the whole truth. But my parents keep calling me every single day to beg. "Saying I should not bring him misery. That they were happy he decided to bring home a cool headed lady".....But I just can't let it go. Unless my brother and I will decide not to be brothers anymore because I will never go to his house if he marries her. I will never associate myself with him or anything that has to do with him.

I have finished typing the truth I want to send the mail to him...I don't know why I am hesitating (I guess my parents will forgive me sooner or later) but he has to know the truth!!!!....i can't dine with my enemy!.....I don't want to see her dad face again....never...I hope am doing the right thing....i think I am.....perhaps I am...

You have to forgive my bro, and forgiveness means you letting go stop thinking and talking about it. Vengeance is Gods work not ours, God has been faithful in bringing your family out of such a big mess and he has blessed you it will only please him for you to extend the olive branch to your oppressor.
I think your brother has a right to know the truth, but as its popularly said what you want to say is not as important as how you say it, let your parents be the one to tell him and who knows life may just be trying to orchestrate a reconciliation of both families.
God has forgiven you so much therefore you have to forgive others and allow God heal your pain.
God bless you
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by somcherry(f): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
Okay let's assume your dad was truly scammed by the girl's uncle.

Do you expect them not to sue your dad?

I will do exactly the same if I were in their shoes.

Your parents probably knows that they were at fault,that's why they didn't want to pursue the case further.

Next time if your dad wants to buy a property,he should investigate properly(that's if he was actually duped).

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by harsysky(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
I just wanna believe the Amygdala is at work. Allow the cortex to do the reasoning for you.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by cytellProperty: 11:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
SSpeter:
I know this might not be totally right but at least it will make me feel great. Egbon wants to get married in march and automatically I will become the best Man. But I don't want him to get married to her. It is not because of her but the dad.

It all started back in 1998 my dad was having a court case with our supposed in-law over our house. The house was sold to my dad by the late late brother of our supposed in-law. That was even before my dad got married. We have lived in that house for more than 10yrs. My siblings and I were born there. After the death of the brother in 1998 he dragged my dad to court saying his brother was only a benefactor and does not have the legal right to sell the building and their late father made him the executor of His properties according to the late father's will. My parents were partners in business and their office was located at the ground floor of the building where we lived. Their goods were also stored there (plumbing equipment).

Prior to joining the plumbing business, my dad was into commercial inter-state transport services after suffering heavy losses he auctioned what was left and joined my mum in the plumbing business. A year later he was in court with our supposed in-law. The legal battle started in December. Egbon travelled with an aunt of mine who had won a visa lottery the previous year. My sisters were older than the guys. they were already in boarding school. I was the king of the house. My dad suffered many embarrassment at the hands of our supposed in-law. He dragged the case for some years money meant for business ended up in legal battles. My dad had to borrow to pay suppliers. He couldn't not order for new materials anymore and the business eventually collapsed. Extended families gave their support until 2003 when a lagos high court handed our supposed in-law victory undecided

My dad wanted to appeal the judgement but his lawyer told him to get an apartment with whatever he has left. Although my parents thought they hid everything from us. Perhaps my sisters didn't notice because they were not always home but I saw my mum cry severally. I saw the fears in my dad eyes. I listened to their whispering at night I knew we were doomed. Our supposed In-law sold the house to a bank. The bank gave two weeks to evacuate. But before the notice expired they brought sledge hammer and started destroying the building with our properties in it. My dad tried to protest but he was beaten and arrested. For the first time I saw our "Supposed In-law" that day ordering the boys to destroy everything. My dad was later released days after. I went to live with my cousins. My sisters also went to live with my other cousins.

In 2006 I wrote a mail to Egbon I narrated all that happened to him and he vowed he was going to ensure that they payed for it dearly. Few years later, I got admission into the university my parents embraced christ; But I still feel bitter. How time flies, my sisters are both married and it's just me preparing for the life of a bachelor; Until recently my brother told me his plans of getting married, I noticed it because he has visited us more than usual last year and had extensive discussions with my parents. But whenever He came back He still promised my dad that he will never forget all that happened. My dad told him that was in the past but I know what my brother was capable of doing as regards family.

He brought his supposed girl friend (I believe that is all she will ever be) to the house last christmas everyone welcomed her but immediately I set my eyes on her, she looked like the man that was giving orders to tear down our house. I asked her for her surname, when she said ****US, I knew she was the daughter of our long time enemy. When they left, my mum and dad begged me that I shouldn't say anything. That they have forgiven him. She invited my parents and I during the new year but I declined. I have also told my brother I can't be his best man. He thought am joking cos it was via mail. My brother had assured me severally whenever I told him what became of us after then that incident and he told me "I will give up anything to deal with the Man that messed with my family". I guess I will have to tell him the whole truth. But my parents keep calling me every single day to beg. "Saying I should not bring him misery. That they were happy he decided to bring home a cool headed lady".....But I just can't let it go. Unless my brother and I will decide not to be brothers anymore because I will never go to his house if he marries her. I will never associate myself with him or anything that has to do with him.

I have finished typing the truth I want to send the mail to him...I don't know why I am hesitating (I guess my parents will forgive me sooner or later) but he has to know the truth!!!!....i can't dine with my enemy!.....I don't want to see her dad face again....never...I hope am doing the right thing....i think I am.....perhaps I am...

Which one is your own? Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Emmieakon1(m): 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
Jst to ask you, wat den will now be ur gain after was? ur parent av tot u hw to be Xtian enough, bt u sed no.. hop. u knw dt d lady is nt d culprit, nd dt u r nt a saint too? is u knw den do wat u wish..if not, den be d 1st to strow d stone of destruction only if u had not sinned b4. After al jst write us bak here nd tel us wat u later gained

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Boyooosa(m): 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
Either they marry or not, u n ur brother turn enemy or not, either forgive or not he needs to know the truth na except if u frame all these up. How can ur parents dat are supposed to know better than you can be hiding such un-concealable fact?
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Taryur3(m): 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
Well...this is a terrible situation.truly I will do dsame if I were in your shoe.how will someone that destroy our property come to be my in law again? We can only forgive but can never forget.lets be real here...I wont love either to set my eye on such man again.bro tell your brother the fact because you will continue to hurt yourself if they eventually married.good luck.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
Send the letter yesterday.

Stop trying to make this into a drama that it shouldn't be.

Hey big Bros sorry but I can't be your best man for this specific marriage.

Why now, little Bro?

Your Fiancee is the Daughter of the person that ruined our families life. I'm proud for you for you power of forgiveness but I was in the middle of it and I can't forgive her family. I can't choose your wife for you but I can choose the use of my time.

Done.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Chyjoval(m): 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
I know u feeling bad right now cos u are angry and suppressed with rage. God is trying to used her to mend d wounds d father created. Allow peace to reign
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Petroking: 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hello SSpeter, I sit down from afar looking at you and laughing not because you are right or wrong but because you are in a deep shit. Take my advice and forget the holier than thou attitude. See no matter how the past hides it will surely creep up some day. My advice and reasons are as follows : I won't tell my brother that i will not be his best man. I will just be plain and straight. Bros you remember the man who destroyed the house and who took us to the streets, his surname is this and his daughter is your wife to be, I am not against your marriage but i think you should know about it now, although mom and dad did not want me to tell you shikena. Now there are two things that can happen, if you do not tell your brother.. He will later find out when he is married and will be so pissed why he was not told about the issue and that will be very devastating for the marriage if he decides to take his wife to the stakes and then divorce her.. or he will forgive her. but just to be sincere if my brother did not tell me about this shit. I will get pissed off because sooner or later i will find out. When my brother is not around during my introduction or my wedding i will dig deep and when i find out things will not be so funny. Christianity does not hide the truth, or covers the past. Please set the record straight... Also we all know that saying that a snake will always give birth to a snake, take it or leave it, if the father of that girl is as you say he is, the girl will definitely have some traits of her father in her. except its not her father that bleep the mother(No one can dispute that fact), So my advice.. Just don't say you won't be your brother's best man because wahala go dey. So i will advice that you let your brother into the secret instead of opting out. I will advice that you do not tarnish the girls image in anyway, just tell your brother the truth, if he decides to go on with the marriage after you tell him, goodluck to him if he does not goodluck to him. Just let him into the truth if you are scared give me your brother's email and the surname of the man and i will do the needful. The remaining trash according to OLAMIDE na Lawma get am.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Petroking: 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Send the letter yesterday.

Stop trying to meek this into a drama that it shouldn't be.

Hey big Bros sorry but I can't be your best man for this specific marriage.

Why now, little Bro?

Your Fiancee is the Daughter of the person that ruined our families life. I'm proud for you for you power of forgiveness but I was in the middle of it and I can't forgive her family. I can't choose your wife for you but I can choose the use of my time.

Done.

the brother has no idea.. that is the thingy

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Petroking: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
cytellProperty:
Which one is your own? Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

because the brother does not know the truth, or can't you read
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Petroking: 11:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
somcherry:

Your parents probably knows that they were at fault,that's why they didn't want to pursue the case further.

Next time if your dad wants to buy a property,he should investigate properly(that's if he was actually duped).

i don't think there is a case of dupe here, you don't need to be told that you are in Nigeria before you can win a case which is not supposed to be won. Also why did the man not go for the house when the brother was alive??.. i smell koni koni movement

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by cytellProperty: 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Petroking:

because the brother does not know the truth, or can't you read
Has his parent not told him to forgive and forget? Is his brother the bereaved or the parent?
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Bheewhy(m): 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
I feel for you brother but still you dnt have to go up to that length,just forgive and let go of it,but just make yourself neutral abt their affair I know it will come to a time that his wife will not be satisfy abt ur disposition towards her, bubble will burst and if possible let the girl appeal to her parent for them to apologise for the past. God will help us
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by saasala(m): 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
amunkita:
Two options avail you..

*Tell him the truth

*or allow him marry the gal so that u can deal a blow to the family by killing her...(people might spit for this) but if u intend hurting the family bring her close nd deal to final blow to ur enemies..

How many times have you read 48 laws of power?
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by JesusDWay(m): 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
I think your brother needs to know the truth, it's better that way such that he can heal from the wound. I'm not saying you should do it with a vengeful mind but, forgiveness doesn't leave out the fact that the truth can't be hidden, it is when it is opened that people can fully heal. Besides, how are we even sure the other party knows the situation - that his daughter wants to marry the son of whom he's had such history with? How are we sure the daughter herself doesn't know, and if she also finds out, that she also won't choose to cancel the wedding? The man ought to have started the fight with his brother in his lifetime as it's his brother who did something wrong by selling the property and not your Dad who bought it except if your Dad was warned and he still went ahead to buy it. Why did he wait till his brother's death before starting a lawsuit, when he knows your father's money was already taken to the grave? Much as I advocate forgiveness, lots of things needs to be sorted before they can go ahead with the wedding. Better for everyone to know what's up before they would have wasted money only to find things out on the Traditional Marriage day and then everything scatters, even your brother may take time to forgive you for not warning him earlier. The matter somehow may look like God wants to reconcile both families but who knows if God is also bringing this up to let you guys know your brother is about making a great mistake cuz if the lady has wickedness as well, God will help you people!

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by desertboom(m): 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
somcherry:

They have been staying there for 10 years without court case. It is only when the brother died that he suddenly remember that he was the owner of the property. Go back and read again miss/mrs

Some people can be very mean when it comes to money. Pray never to find yourself in such a situation.

Forgiveness is good but it's only very good if one shows remorse, repent and seek for it. Enough said!

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Petroking: 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Well, it seems like you're being petty and you're not a man!

I have no problem with you telling your bro, as that's actually the right thing to do. But what's your motive of doing so?

Is it to seek revenge?

The Dad offended you and not the daughter. You can't ruin your brother's relationship because of your inability to forgive even after your parents have forgiven him and forgotten.

I think a family meeting should be conducted. The Bride, his father, your bro, your parents (and if possible, you shouldn't be there except you can control your anger).

The man should be made to apologise and that's all.

The daughter is not at fault.

What of if the man is acting on a higher command?
Or he actually badly needs to sell the house to settle some stuffs.
Why don't you give him a chance to sort things and then he apologise.

You go sabi keep beef o.
It will rotten at a point tho, causing the 'keeper' bad things

who get money na him dey win court case for Nigeria, There was no higher command, also i believe he was aware that his brother sold the house when he was alive, why did he not go for the property that time.. F*ck that shit lol
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by lamideee(f): 12:01am On Jan 18, 2016
Please tell him about it,am sure you know it can be a pit nd God 4bid him falling in2 it,cos peole will eventually blame u if ur brother later find out from som1 else.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:01am On Jan 18, 2016
Petroking:

who get money na him dey win court case for Nigeria, There was no higher command, also i believe he was aware that his brother sold the house when he was alive, why did he not go for the property that time.. F*ck that shit lol

Lol! Baba iya yan!

Well, I'm only acting based on d info he presented.

Not all cases tho! If you have a very sound lawyer. You should win your case!

That's why I suggested a round table discussion!
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by armadeo(m): 12:03am On Jan 18, 2016
Op this your story is too long. Honestly I won't hesitate to destroy the plans for the wedding.

So my father and the man who brought fear and tears to my home would sit together as parents of the couple. Smile and take pics.

Never

If my brother like let this be where we part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / Teacher Divorces Her Husband Over “Unattractive Joystick” In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.