Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,145 members, 7,922,811 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 01:13 PM

Let's Have The Option To Flag Posts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's Have The Option To Flag Posts (411 Views)

Ikpeazu Set To Flag Off Reconstruction Of PH Road Aba / Man In Ogun Goes With Nigerian Flag / Seun Kuti Posts Oshiomhole's N17m Trip To Miami On Twitter To Confirm Or Deny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Have The Option To Flag Posts by Nyceguy92: 12:53am On Jan 18, 2016
When people open or join online fora, they do so because they are looking for information, education, entertainment, etc.
Sometimes these values are lacking in many of the posts seen on Nairaland.
Many posts are irrelevant, immature and ridiculous.

As is the practice in many places, let's have the option to flag/blacklist a post so that it is removed from the site.
How it works is that a reader will vote, I.e. flag a post if he/she believes w/out prejudice that the post deserves to be removed.
That means that each post must have a "Flag this Post" option next to it.

If a predetermined number of readers flag same post, it will delete automatically.
Whenever a post attracts a flag, a red flag should be highlighted against such post until it is finally deleted.
One person may not flag more than twice in one week or the flag is not accepted.

Flagging will introduce sanity and seriousness in what we post and how we respond to posts.
Honestly, there have been times I felt like deleting my account, but that will be throwing away the baby with the bath water.
I have read interesting, well written opinions and experiences here. I want to stick with such people.

Readers may add more to what I have suggested.
Re: Let's Have The Option To Flag Posts by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 18, 2016
The idea makes sense but is only practical if the forum starts IP banning. Too many immature trolls manage hundreds of accounts and would intentionally flag down a helpful post with all their accounts just to spite a member.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have The Option To Flag Posts by Nyceguy92: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
charix:
The idea makes sense but is only practical if the forum starts IP banning. Too many immature trolls manage hundreds of accounts and would intentionally flag down a helpful post with all their accounts just to spite a member.

You have a point there, but the possibility of that happening is slim and the benefits of flagging are greater.
Much is also required of everybody to behave themselves like mature and respectable adults here.
In fact, there are people on this forum whose posts are so annoyingly childish and not worth the time.
Re: Let's Have The Option To Flag Posts by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 19, 2016
Nyceguy92:

You have a point there, but the possibility of that happening is slim and the benefits of flagging are greater.
Abuse of power is always imminent where human beings are involved.

Much is also required of everybody to behave themselves like mature and respectable adults here.
We all know this but as human beings not everyone is destined to follow set rules. If we all followed instructions the ban and report functions would not exist.

In fact, there are people on this forum whose posts are so annoyingly childish and not worth the time.
True. They see the forum more as a playground than a learning centre. Those're the type ready to useless the idea behind a flagging of post function.

(1) (Reply)

Best Back To Back Quote Ever / Click This Link And Win - You May Be The Winner / When You Thought Denrele Is Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.