Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,422 members, 7,891,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:20 PM

2016 Prophecy: Hard Times Await Nigerians! (A Year Of Many Challenges, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2016 Prophecy: Hard Times Await Nigerians! (A Year Of Many Challenges, (836 Views)

Carlos Roe The Goalkeeper Who Rejected Man United To Await The End Of The World / TB Joshua 2016 'prophecy' Dissected / What Do You Think About TB Joshua's 2016 Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016 Prophecy: Hard Times Await Nigerians! (A Year Of Many Challenges, by ken2015: 10:16am On Jan 18, 2016
2016 Prophecy: Hard times await Nigerians!
(A Year of Many Challenges, Surprises, Judgment, Divine Visitations)

Br. Kenneth Alamezie, BSS

The year 2015, here in Nigeria, ushered in not on an icy note; at least we can tell from experiences had in the country, where many Nigerians saw themselves standing on their toes; hearts wheezed so heavily as though enmeshed in a tornado; even, the atmosphere then became filled with that eerie air of trepidation that one can best describe as apocalyptic in nature. In fact, methinks that the kind of wave of terror that swept over many a heart at the beginning of the out-gone year was one without equal, since the amalgamation that brought about this distraught entity called Nigeria. It got to a point that many had no choice other than to relocate their families, at least for safety sake. It is quite unfortunate that some of those who swung into action relocating their families (especially those of them residing in the far away north and west), in a bid to evade the much prophesied war cum disintegration of Nigeria, ended up not really making it back home; but instead meeting their untimely death on their way, they went straight home to eternal rest. Yes, rest from all that the year 2016 has in stock for Nigerians.
The year 2016 is here on us; a significant one it is indeed, as it’s going to witness yet another presidential election of the most powerful nation and the largest economy of the world--the USA. Without mincing words, I’d like to state here that I am already praying that this wind of change sweeping through some countries of the world for some time now, would also find its way to the White House, and its rage help to oust the government of the Republicans and secure the Democrats the throne, at least that way there’d be hope that sanity would gradually crawl back into the system of the country we cannot doubt has powerful influence in virtually rest nations of the world. It’s a pity I had to take sides here, but honestly I don’t think I’d ever throw in my cap for any government, or even the party platform housing it, that favors gay marriage and abortion practices. Those are at best bestial in nature, strange to my faith and religious believe.
Here in Nigeria, we’ve already started seeing tons of prophecies renting the air, concerning the year, from virtually all corners. Sure, the country’s prophetic papas aren’t doing badly in the business. Such is not unlikely in a country where every voice wants to be heard and where the freedom of expression, as give in section 39 of the constitution, is greatly abused with impunity. At the beginning of each year, it appears the country’s gospel merchants seem to all be thrown into prophetic frenzy like we saw happened in Samuel’s own day, when King Saul sent soldiers to Samuel’s abode to arrest the young David who had fled there for safety. Gosh! Whether they bake or fake them—those prophecies-- we cannot tell, although we cannot as well deny the fact that there’re those genuinely occupying that office, the real sentinels. But, it’s a pity that often the latter’s trumpet calls do fall on deaf ears, neglected, counted as bogus, and themselves seen as speaking from both sides of the mouth, out of biasness. Well, such has always been the case. After all even the guy known in his time as the prophet of doom never found it rosy. I learnt he had to, at some point in his life and perhaps out of frustration, curse the day of his birth.; oh, poor old Jerry!
All the same, I strongly believe that we’re all entitled to our respective opinions, the more reason why I’ve chosen here to air my own view concerning the year, precisely as it regards the country in comatose. You could as well term it whatever you feel like… call it prophecy, personal opinion, or whatever. Anyone you choose na you sabi! For all I care I am just a realist, so my prophecy as it concerns the country will base strictly on issues at hand. Let’s now take a look at some of them.
Yes, Nigeria at present is a country hanging on the precipice; a country priding herself as the giant of Africa when in the real sense of it, and judging by every visible fact around us, she ought to be regarded as the dwarf of Africa. Presently, even the country’s name appears to be synonymous to disappointment, hopelessness and helplessness.
It is no more news that even our supposed messiahs are finding things pretty difficult over there at the villa. I could say they have become at best clueless and helpless men, somewhat rabble-rousers. Yes, even the broom we had thought was capable of sweeping off abounding poverty in the country now appears to me an illusion, more or less a party logo. From all indications I think it reasonable and not treasonable to say that Nigeria as a country, in her present state, can only be redeemed by the Redeemer Himself and not by any political party, be it the APC party, the PDP, a combination of both, let alone the one on incubation, and which will soon hatch.
Hitherto the Catholics in Nigeria, as if they foresaw the chaos bedeviling the country now, started praying, with much fervency, a very beautiful prayer captioned, “Prayer for Nigeria in distress.” The pioneers of that beautiful prayer, I learnt it was a brainchild of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, must have had a strong premonition of the future, as their move, even the prayer’s caption in my opinion suggest only one thing: a stitch in time saves nine, period! Yet if there’s ever a time needed for that prayer to be said, by all Nigerians including Mr. President and his lieutenants, and that’s with every diligence, then it must be now. Let it be known to all that the present Nigerian state is one not just in distress, but in utter distress.
Take for instance the 2016 budget. Folks acquainted with this column, especially during the build up to the last general elections, may still remember how this writer threw his weight behind the present broom government; that hasn’t changed, anyway. Yet, the truth remains that if what I saw on the internet as 2016 budget is anything to go by, then it should be noted that something must’ve been really amiss with the much sung change mantra of this government. Considering some of the allocations made, as contained in the budget (that’s according to what I saw on the internet), I’d say that it’s either this government had never had it in mind to bring about the much anticipated positive change that Nigerians yearn, or they knew before hand what sort of change they’re going to give us—perhaps a change from minor poverty to absolute wretchedness, a change to set in motion oil exploration in the north, sort of diversification of oil zones, or a change to change from making shrewd budgetary to excessive, wasteful, extravagant one, as the budget in question suggests. A glance at it--the budget--wouldn’t just almost immediately elicit suspicion; it also suggests insincerity, and the pinnacle of insensitivity of this government to the plight of the governed. For the purpose of clarity, I’d like to present here some bizarre allocations as contained in the budget (according to the one online).
But, before doing that, I’d like to recall here how like a bird—now parrot precisely-- this present administration sung #diversification of our economy, poverty alleviation through job creation/ payment of #5,000 stipend to unemployed graduates( that’s if I am not mistaken), with relentlessness effort during the electioneering campaigns that saw them took over the staff of office. Taking a look now at how allocations were made in the N6.08 trillion budget sent to the National Assembly, one might begin to wonder what went wrong: Is it still the same government that has spent so much time and energy educating us on the need there is to diversify our economy as oil will soon be worthless, that went ahead to earmark a stunning N 39.4 billion for oil exploration in the North as against the paltry N 29 billion allocated for the Ministry of Agriculture? Funny, very funny, isn’t it? Interestingly, the Ministry of Information and Culture, which at best could go for ‘lying ministry’ got a whooping N39 billion as against N9 billion in 2015. And I ask, N39 billion for what! Even as the country is facing serious economic down turn?! I get it; this ministry of propaganda got N 10 billion more in order to equip it for more future hollow propagandas to starving Nigerians and face-saving garbage to be sold the international community, isn’t it? That isn’t all. The ministry of Transportation got N13.7 billion, Ministry of Water Resources, N7.2 billion, and the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, N10.5billion, Aso Rock got N18 billion (perhaps to face-lift it to ASO Iron, or something), tyres to be purchased for various vehicles got a staggering N189.1m ( those must be ‘made in the Mars’ tyres, I guess) etc. But wait, the ridiculous part of this whole thing is the budgeting of a staggering N30 million for the purchase of tool boxes, car jacks, and diagnostic machines for presidency's bulletproof cars, and the sum of N27 million goes for the purchase of C-Caution triangles, fire-extinguishers and cables. Hogwash! Nigerians are dying of starvation, accidents as a result of deplorable roads, and some people still have the conscience to allocate such huge sums for the purchase of tool boxes and other inconsequentialities. Where are the ones procured during Jonathan’s regime? I want to believe these allocations are but a farce, a product of online attackers.
Now, I’d like to reiterate here my stance as a realist, before going further to make my own 2016 prophecy for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Therefore, judging by what’s there in the budget, I am afraid to prophesy a time of severe hardship for the citizenry. The budget has shown us that the year 2016 is not going to be a friendly one for Nigerians, period! Nevertheless, this does not mean that God’s children are going to be overtaken in this looming hard time. No! Our God, as we know, delights in providing for his own, especially when in difficult situations such as is going to hit the country.
We’d also like to remind those trading deceit in churches, those religious racketeers, spiritual charlatans, wolves in the Body of Christ, sons of Korah, perverts of the truth, whitewash sepulchers, and hell’s generals that judgment is awaiting many of them this year. This is the unchangeable Word of the True Lord God Almighty for these windy creatures: “Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness. For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right. For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD. Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the LORD… I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness; they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah. Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land. (Jeremiah 23:9-15)
Let the barren rejoice, for the year will see them leap for joy. At the same time many lost ribs shall be recovered and gathered to their rightful match. These blessings are exclusively for God’s children. God bless you!
Re: 2016 Prophecy: Hard Times Await Nigerians! (A Year Of Many Challenges, by akudofarms: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2016
And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
Exodus:14:13
The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
Exodus:14:14you for such an insightful rightup indeed The Lord speaks to his own.The men of God and prophets in this country no dey try.
Let the children of the most high standstill find surely they shall see the salvation of God.
God bless

(1) (Reply)

Are The Biblical Ages Of Enoch, Metuselah And Co. Of Gregorian Calendar Years? / Gospel Music Africa Reality Tv Competition / God has no right to judge us,see why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.