Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,428 members, 7,911,062 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:50 AM

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami (28605 Views)

Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Massive Sack At Zenith Bank Plc Over The Weekend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by mobaladf: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
Eya
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by sashx(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
So sad. The Almighty will surely provide
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
This is so sad and depressing, working is sometime so cool and so much fun, being with colleagues, fixing challenges and enjoying the evening and then all that gets taken away without pay and if you happened to be the less saving one, na only GOD can save your mental health at that point. (thank goodness, those low iqued people are not here, always saying 'end time' to everything) that statement really annoys and ticks me off angry angry
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by onatisi(m): 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:
I feel it is high time we started to look for ways to survive. Government has always failed..
oh
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by foriz4u(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:
the worst part of the wickedness is he wasn't paid a kobo after about 4 years of service
brotherly don't make it look like its a big deal or like the heavens r crashing... is diamond bank d only job on earth or in Nigeria if u say ur frnd or who so eva is smarth n hard working then why cry d river as if it's d end of life. c'mon let him pick up his bag n move on better things lies ahead. allowing urself to b depress gives ur enemies a reason to b happy n will always want to come hurting u over again. look up to God, pray hard n work harder sth good n better will come ur way.
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by owumzy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nothing like having your own hussle
Take heart all victims...

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by onatisi(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
zopaks:
wow!
The job losses in this past 6 months has been super alarming.
The tsunami reminds me of those days in UI where students who fail to meet up with the minimum cgpa are sent packing
the bitter truth is ,the situation will get worse and tougher. Very soon by march most state governments will start massive retrenchment and sackings already imo state has jumpstarted its own by sacking 3000 workers and this will in turn affect banks indirectly. And this sacking will cut across all sectors.
Back to the op question of what his friend should tell interviewers, he should just tell them he resigned to find more challenging place or jobs to satisfy his ambitions and potentials .my opinion
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by clitah: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
I lost my job with the bank in September last year and life still goes on.This is a bank where every staff is secretly scouting for other jobs.Unlike GTB & First Bank staff that you can only entice with oil company jobs,Diamond bank staff apply for anything under the sun preparatory to this baptism of fire especially during the 1st quater of every year.
This is more painful when a staff is victimised and disengaged as still over 80% of your stay with the bank is determined by your supervisors.
Advise your friend to explore other sectors and check other banks too as God is still in the on his massive throne of oppurtunities .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by Cutehector(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
A company sacks me without reason? Mehn i"d serve dem a law suit.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by djdoxxx(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
Are you into sport betting?

You will definitely find this article helpful....A Must Read

https://www.nairaland.com/2872550/whatsapp-professional-sport-investment-service
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by delman88(m): 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:
Another April 2nd approaches.. From an in-house source,it is a ritual in Diamond Bank. They call it TSUNAMI. I heard it is an annual exercise. That is a sad day that many are advised to resign. My friend has a very bad experience about it. This is someone that is a very smart and hard worker, very intelligent individual, whose last annual appraisal was about 88.8%,has not committed any fraud, had no query in his human resources file, gave his life to the job only to be locked out of the system and his boss called to tell him to resign WITHOUT any reason(@ least known to any). The irony of this exercise is that it can affect anyone. This wicked act also has a ripple effect on future job search for the sacked staff. My friend has been faced with the dilemma of explaining why he was asked to resign. He answers that it is a mystery. This unconvincing answer make him loose jobs. And the truth is that he doesn't know why he was sacked. That's double tragedy and has left him devasted.. What can he be telling them as the reason for his sack? Pls note that no fraud was committed, appraisal was very ok.

ITS EVERYWHERE.... HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IN FCMB ALSO
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by toluwahala: 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
guys, president Buhari already point the way out for you: GO FARMING!!! wipe up the shit and go farm
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by mrkels(m): 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:
the worst part of the wickedness is he wasn't paid a kobo after about 4 years of service

U sabi lie o nigger
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by Baboo13(m): 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
looseweight:
I really pity the guy in question. However, every banker should know that he/she can be sacked @ any time. So you need to prepare for the worst. Saving part of your income will really help you to have something to rely on if sacked.

You don't pack your eggs in one basket.

Really sometimes its not about 'you know the sack can come anytime'

Its how to get on with life after the sack

No matter what, having a sack record is always demeaning
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by refreshrate: 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
shameseun:

So sad, especially after working with all you've got.

Truth be told, Banks are under serious pressure. The reason they are diplomatic in sacking is because of the signal it sends. Banks are still window-dressing because Banking is like 419 business where you access your banker before commencing business.
Buhari did not think bank is very sensitive before mandating immediate TSA implementation that has been on for years. Now the little public fund they enjoy float on has been taken away. Not that l support their inability to do real banking business in Nigeria. The gospel truth is that they do robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Could it not have made more economic sense if Buhari had directed an audit to know the amount each bank controls, and then mandate them to remit a certain percentage, and also reduce their interest rate so that masses can get low cost loans for businesses.

He did it his own way and the economy is crumbling. He promised around 2million jobs annually and people are losing jobs on daily basis. His boy Okoro mallam of Imo state just sacked over 3,000 civil servants recently. Barely one week after FG had pleaded with the private sector not to sack workers now.

Guy you hear say people dey go go school for donkey years gain experience on how to manage economic policies for countries or at best hire people wey dey competent?

How then do you expect person wey get only nepa bill as certificate to understand the dynamics of what you just explained?

Na wa for you o

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by Baboo13(m): 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
This is the advantage a government work will always have anyday anytime.............Job security

No targets, no pressure

Not against anyone aspiring high, But we young people of nowadays don't want to start small, you have the mindset of 'my pay must start with 150k, nothing less', 'I want to work in an oil coy', and all that and all that

I'm writing this cos I'm sure some of you typing here one had an opportunity to work in a govt establishment.. (Ministries, agencies et al) but rejected it
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by Baboo13(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
Cutehector:
A company sacks me without reason? Mehn i"d serve dem a law suit.
Lol no be Nigeria we dey?

do you know the amount lawsuits they get in droves?

You'll just waste time and money on litigation, going to court back and forth
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by badboy: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nova15:
He was asked to resign by the bank which he did. So that technically means he resigned.
So how did his interviewers know that he was asked to resign from the bank?

Good question. Perhaps the HR people in the house can help with this. I was affected by the first tsunami way back 2007 under exactly same circumstances. In fact, my name was on the next long overdue promotion list as ascertained and seen by my previous supervisor, only to receive the log-in shocker! I think it has something to do with the way the acceptance letter by the bank is worded. I had issues with virtually every subsequent bank interview attended before I ventured into entrepreneurship. It's not been all smooth sailing, I must confess, but that 'sack' was the best thing that happened to me because God had better plans for me. For instance, when your former boss, a full manager (rank) back then and other colleagues keep running to you for loans and support, you realize God's grace upon your life. Right now, in all modesty, financially speaking, the only levels I could accept in same bank is ED and above, ..I'll gladly pass on any position below this....the journey has been long,tedious and rewarding. God has been faithful.

8 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by Bloggz74(m): 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:
so if dem ask him why did you leave Diamond Bank, he will answer *oh*

Since he was given option to resign its better than sack.
When asked he should tell them he decided to resign to pursue better and bigger challanges elswhere.
Simple!
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by tyor: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
89% appraisal score does not imply that he is a strong candidate. He Cud be the weakest link where others had scores above 90%.

Also, it is possible that he was appraised 89% for clerical work (such as customer service). He is not useful than a Trader with 60% appraisal.

The question is, is your role pivotal to the employers operation? No (i presume)
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by blank(f): 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:

I keep wondering why people expect their employers to pay them off. If it is not stated in your letter that you get anything then you won't get anything. Your pension is being contributed by both yourself and your employer. Just ensure they have paid it up as due.
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by shameseun: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
refreshrate:

Guy you hear say people dey go go school for donkey years gain experience on how to manage economic policies for countries or at best hire people wey dey competent?

How then do you expect person wey get only nepa bill as certificate to understand the dynamics of what you just explained?

Na wa for you o

In fact, the main reason why we are where we are now is "GMB's military background" which is a major challenge in DEMOCRATIC leadership,
Aside his shallow educational background, a typical military officer does not believe his subordinate has any better input or contribution of any sort.

In other words, his inefficient and ineffective decision supersedes that of some technocrats he was mandated by constitution to appoint. That is why he prefers bringing in retired military officers that always believe, "A GENERAL is always a GENERAL" So whatever directive he gives, whether right or wrong is obeyed to the latter.

He who does not know, and does not know that he does not know, is ...

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by Dainikel(m): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
This is disheartening but then the only way forward is moving forward. U'll definitely find a more rewarding service to engage your hands with...U never know it might just be a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by naijaboy756: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
mrkels:

U sabi lie o nigger
you can ask around mahn!!! Didn't come here to lie. This ia an information you can confirm.
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by naijaboy756: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
tyor:
89% appraisal score does not imply that he is a strong candidate. He Cud be the weakest link where others had scores above 90%.

Also, it is possible that he was appraised 89% for clerical work (such as customer service). He is not useful than a Trader with 60% appraisal.

The question is, is your role pivotal to the employers operation? No (i presume)
others scored 70. Some 84, less than his in the same unit and are still in the system.
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by shameseun: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
badboy:

Good question. Perhaps the HR people in the house can help with this. I was affected by the first tsunami way back 2007 under exactly same circumstances. In fact, my name was on the next long overdue promotion list as ascertained and seen by my previous supervisor, only to receive the log-in shocker! I think it has something to do with the way the acceptance letter by the bank is worded. I had issues with virtually every subsequent bank interview attended before I ventured into entrepreneurship. It's not been all smooth sailing, I must confess, but that 'sack' was the best thing that happened to me because God had better plans for me. For instance, when your former boss, a full manager (rank) back then and other colleagues keep running to you for loans and support, you realize God's grace upon your life. Right now, in all modesty, financially speaking, the only levels I could accept in same bank is ED and above, ..I'll gladly pass on any position below this....the journey has been long,tedious and rewarding. God has been faithful.

They are not willy willys nah. The guy must have made some comments about his previous employer in the course of the interview.

And also failed to pretend that he majestically resigned.

During interviews, always show BOLDNESS and be COHERENT, then be relatively honest.
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by naijaboy756: 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
badboy:

experience speaking.. Lucky you bro!!!
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by naijaboy756: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Baboo13:

Really sometimes its not about 'you know the sack can come anytime'

Its how to get on with life after the sack

No matter what, having a sack record is always demeaning
exactly!!!! The stigma it carries especially when you have given in your very best. Some might even think you stole money that was why you were sacked..
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by shameseun: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:
others scored 70. Some 84, less than his in the same unit and are still in the system.

Sometimes if they get overwhelmed by mode of selection, the resort to random mode.
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by naijaboy756: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
shameseun:

Sometimes if they get overwhelmed by mode of selection, the resort to random mode.
I tink so too
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by cbrass(m): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
shameseun:

So sad, especially after working with all you've got.

Truth be told, Banks are under serious pressure. The reason they are diplomatic in sacking is because of the signal it sends. Banks are still window-dressing because Banking is like 419 business where you access your banker before commencing business.
Buhari did not think bank is very sensitive before mandating immediate TSA implementation that has been on for years. Now the little public fund they enjoy float on has been taken away. Not that l support their inability to do real banking business in Nigeria. The gospel truth is that they do robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Could it not have made more economic sense if Buhari had directed an audit to know the amount each bank controls, and then mandate them to remit a certain percentage, and also reduce their interest rate so that masses can get low cost loans for businesses.

He did it his own way and the economy is crumbling. He promised around 2million jobs annually and people are losing jobs on daily basis. His boy Okoro mallam of Imo state just sacked over 3,000 civil servants recently. Barely one week after FG had pleaded with the private sector not to sack workers now.

can you just cut the crap you are saying? you sound like the 419 here, so they must always robb us, is that what you are trying to say? have always known these banks and their owners feed fat on corruption and you still want it to continue abi?
Re: Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami by bobby56(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
naijaboy756:
Another April 2nd approaches.. From an in-house source,it is a ritual in Diamond Bank. They call it TSUNAMI. I heard it is an annual exercise. That is a sad day that many are advised to resign. My friend has a very bad experience about it. This is someone that is a very smart and hard worker, very intelligent individual, whose last annual appraisal was about 88.8%,has not committed any fraud, had no query in his human resources file, gave his life to the job only to be locked out of the system and his boss called to tell him to resign WITHOUT any reason(@ least known to any). The irony of this exercise is that it can affect anyone. This wicked act also has a ripple effect on future job search for the sacked staff. My friend has been faced with the dilemma of explaining why he was asked to resign. He answers that it is a mystery. This unconvincing answer make him loose jobs. And the truth is that he doesn't know why he was sacked. That's double tragedy and has left him devasted.. What can he be telling them as the reason for his sack? Pls note that no fraud was committed, appraisal was very ok.
@Poster, your friend is just being NAIVE and perhaps lacks a good qualification. I was once a victim of such Tsunami but I got a good job almost immediately because I had a qualification (ICAN ATS- then) and I was able to give a good explanation. Today I have moved on and even had higher qualification for any other eventuality. I wished him all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) / Shell To Sack 10,000 Workers - Capital Post / Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.