Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:23 PM

How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. (1135 Views)

3 Ways To Remove Shortcut Virus Permanently From A Pendrive / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. by jimmybibione: 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
I'm sure many of you have encountered the shortcut virus. It happens when all your files in your device shows you a 1kb shortcut sign no matter the size of the file. Solving this is very easy. All you need to do is this.

Step 1. With your flash drive attached to your system, go to the command prompt by holding the windows key and then pressing R (windows key + r) and typing "cmd" then hit enter.

Step 2. Change directory to the directory of the flash drive. That is, if your flash drive is allocated "e" by the computer then simply type "e:" (without the parenthesis) and press enter.

Step 3. Type the following command. attrib -s -h -r /s /d then press enter. (You can add a space between the letters.)

Step 4. Wait for the cursor to return, i.e go back to its original state. (for example E:/>_).

Step 5. Go to your flash and you will find all your files restored. You can now delete all the shortcut icons and scan your flash for viruses and you are done!

Tell me how it goes when you try it. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. by divinehand2003(m): 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
Cool
Will give it a try ASAP
Re: How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. by jmoore(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Download "USb fix it".

1 Like

Re: How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. by jamecarry: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
Shortcut viruses are the dangerous virus. First shortcut virus does not affect your computer but after sometime you will found that they will hide your data.

If you want to remove this virus as fast as i will prefer you this solution -
www.trickyindia.net/remove-shortcut-virus-from-pendrive/

Try this guide and you will really appreciate this guy work.
Thanks.
Re: How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. by tamal21: 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
Virus is one of the dangerous things for computer. It destroys all the necessity data from hard disc and any portable disc. I was looking for a solution in online then i find http://nabzsoftware.com/types-of-threats/cryptolocker it. This site is really cool which tells about different types of viruses and the way to get rid of it. You can look into it. smiley
Re: How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. by mike1994reds: 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
new 8gb smartphone flash drives for sale call or whatsapp 08131261600

(1) (Reply)

Latest Tips On Airtel Free Bonus And Data June 2016 / HOMTOM HT7 - New Smart Phone In Town / How To Track Or Get Your Stolen Or Lost Laptop Or Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.