Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,287 members, 7,887,835 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:54 PM

Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) (885 Views)

A Black Cobra Killed This Morning / Do You HAVE Letter M On The Palm? – Here’s What It Means / When A Black Man Dates A White Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) by Collins9156(m): 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2016
Someone with a Black Dot on the Palm, Call the Police Immediately! (See Why)

See a person that has a black dot on the palm? You should call the police immediately, because it means that the person is in trouble.

The “Black Dot Campaign” started on Facebook and it helps to recognize the victims of domestic abuse.

“The black dot on the hand lets professionals know you’re a really vulnerable domestic violence survivor, and that you need help but can’t ask, because your abuser is watching your every move,” stated the organizers behind this campaign.

In just 24 hours, the campaign has reached over 6,000 people worldwide, and has already helped 6 persons. This is a story from one of the first women which was rescued thanks the “Black Dot Campaign.”

“I’m heavily pregnant and the baby’s father is very abusive. With words, his hands. I’ve been petrified for so long and even more with the baby coming soon. I was at the hospital yesterday, he was with me, he never leaves my side anymore. I had to have an examination so the consultant asked me to lie on the bed and drew the curtain. I leant over and took the pen out of his pocket, pulled his hand over to me and wrote HELP ME. I didn’t have to say a word. This campaign gave me the strength and the idea how to ask for help. I am now safe somewhere else thanks to that consultant and the “Black Dot Campaign.” Thank you, 1 week to go until my due date and I am finally safe.”
For many victims, this campaign is enabling to speak out for the very first time.

Cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) by Collins9156(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
Pass it around.
Re: Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
This aint for Nigerians tho.
Re: Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
I knew this must be some kind of women thing. The fact is that men are worst victims of domestic abuse but nobody gives shii about us.

Last year, I watched as two ladies were physically abusing a man on a lonely street. The man could have easily subdued them even with all their weapons but didn't for obvious reasons. Even after I yelled at them, they didn't stop until I adopted a different measure.

I'm not saying there aren't men bullies though but most domestic violence are initiated by women and when reverse becomes the result, they cry foul.undecided
Re: Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) by Collins9156(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
walescounis:
This aint for Nigerians tho.

Rome is not build in a day, it's a strategic campaign to help stop human abuse , just started in a fast spreading.
Re: Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) by Collins9156(m): 8:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
SirJeffry:
I knew this must be some kind of women thing. The fact is that men are worst victims of domestic abuse but nobody gives shii about us.

Last year, I watched as two ladies were physically abusing a man on a lonely street. The man could have easily subdued them even with all their weapons but didn't for obvious reasons. Even after I yelled at them, they didn't stop until I adopted a different measure.

I'm not saying there aren't men bullies though but most domestic violence are initiated by women and when reverse becomes the result, they cry foul.undecided

Even at that women and minor abuse is on the high world wide ,it could save your concerns tomorrow.
Re: Someone With A Black Dot On The Palm, Call The Police Immediately! (see Why) by Collins9156(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Cc lalasticlala shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ideal For A Guy To Help A Lady Carry Her Handbag? / Social Media: Destroyer Or Creator? / Its My Birthday!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.