Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,197 members, 7,928,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:21 PM

Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job (14752 Views)

Job Scammers Now Using Ex-corpers Info From Nysc Yearbook / How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) / How I Scammed Lagos Job Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by BE811APP: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by ADEDEJIadeleye: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2016
Heeeya, sorry oo...Its better u don't repoort oo, I seerved @ buguma and all I know is kalabari people got no chill...with all due respect tothem, they are the most violent people i've ever met. So abeg jst dey ur lane! grin
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by faruz: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2016
bigboss80s:
What kind of mods do we have on Nairaland? You guys should submit your WAEC English result to Seun before being allowed to moderate any section.
What is "job Scammers Taken Advantage of Corpers?"
.... What is diz. 1 sayin sef.... U shaaa want attention u don gain mine........

Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by dustydee: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2016
Eyah
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by kelvincoke(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2016
This same thing almost happen to me three years back after my POP...a guy called me with my full details plus my code number which he got frm our year book asking me if am intrested in working in an oil firm...story cut short,he ask me to call a doctor nd dat one ask me to pay 20k for a form or so...I almost pay d money but I no get enough nd dey say if I cud raise 15k,dats where it dawn on me dat I won fall maga,na him I park well nd forget it...later,dat same guy called again asking me for same tin,I jus bone ham...

May God help us all...corp member shud jus b careful nt to fall victim of dis people..
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by ifeomaekol(f): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2016
Some pple r sayn its greed dt got her into such situation bt u disagree, as a copper ur wish is ti get a job even b4 u finish Nysc, it happened to me bt God saved me. Op I bet d bank they asked u to send d money is access bank? I believe strongly d pple doin ds is frm nysc, cos afta I finished service, they called me, stating my exact details, d man said he had a job offer in akwaibom for me bn bla bla bla, na him I blast am him cut he's call. Pls awarness shuld b created for new otondos.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Quality1632(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2016
PLEASE Nairalander am in need of a JOB am a graduate and I can drive as well& little experience in Hospitality company, I will be very very happy if am hook up wit a Job&I promise to remain loyal...,08032114648,08189411548. Thanks .
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by nellyalph: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2016
I always tell people to google the name and the address of the company you want to apply in.
I served in Rivers anyways.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by kernigsloan: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2016
Op kpele.
Bt seriously, you are a good writer u shouldn't be searching for a job
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by tuzeriouz(m): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2016
poorest scam of the year....next time be proactive n report it to NL
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Feli2015: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2016
Thank your God it was only 10000. The people are too mean.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by FortuneStar(m): 9:51am On Jan 19, 2016
Didn't read but I know it's irrelevant.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by J4parry(m): 9:52am On Jan 19, 2016
OP if this story is true, then those guys are really kind to you by collecting only 10k and giving you fake address.

They just welcomed you to reality because you were dreaming all along.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by timunstopable: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2016
ifeomaekol:
Some pple r sayn its greed dt got her into such situation bt u disagree, as a copper ur wish is ti get a job even b4 u finish Nysc, it happened to me bt God saved me. Op I bet d bank they asked u to send d money is access bank? I believe strongly d pple doin ds is frm nysc, cos afta I finished service, they called me, stating my exact details, d man said he had a job offer in akwaibom for me bn bla bla bla, na him I blast am him cut he's call. Pls awarness shuld b created for new otondos.

They are not from NYSC remember every camp has a magazine in which details of each corperr is published .They get it from there..
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by executioner27: 9:56am On Jan 19, 2016
onismate:
Many of my mates dreamt to be posted to great places during their NYSC. No one wants to be a cast away, likewise me. I wanted to be settled before my service. I want to get a job. Not just ordinary job for that matter. Na better job I want so I hoped and wished to be posted to a place with great opportunities.

October 2015 came. I printed my call-up letter and saw that I was posted to Rivers state. I was so happy. My family was so happy. I was glad because it was Rivers state, a land of so many opportunities. I had high hopes. My blood was so hot to get into camp and get out so I can be posted to oil firm.

But the unfortunate came up, that it’s a policy that all corps members were headed to classroom. Non would be posted out of the classroom except they were into medical line or lawyer. And I studied industrial chemistry. “So na teach I go teach,” I thought to myself. But I had no choice. I had to switch plans since I had made up my mind that I will be settling down in Port Harcourt after service. I thought of having a good and well-paying job, even conducting tutorial classes for students just to make money during the service year. During the SAED programs in camp, I collected contacts of some of the facilitators and company owners. All was just networking if they will help me after camp.

The Passing out parade (POP) in camp came. But it was unfortunate when I saw my posting letter. I was posted to Asari Toru local Government, and the PPA was Angulaman. Immediately I saw it, I was weak. I made inquiry about my PPA and I discovered it was a Riverine area. I wasn’t happy at all. All my hopes of been posted to an oil firm had been dashed. Infact it looked as if all those great dreams I had in camp had been shattered. “I thought if it would be possible to change it I will just do that.” It was possible but with good reasons.

After leaving the camp, I visited my PPA, Angulama. I had to cross two rivers before getting there. Infact when I got there, I began to weep. No strong browsing network, light sef no dey. This one na village. The school sef wey dem post me no dey exist sef. The kids there sef, one has to be begging them to come to school, “chaiii, loveth you don surfer for your life,” I thought to myself. I felt as a female corper, I can’t cope there.

When I resumed fully at my PPA. Me and my fellow corpers had to be going from house to house in that community. We were going to beg parents to release their kids to come to class.

After a week, I was so tired of the community. I was going out to Port harcourt to withdraw money from ATM. I entered the boat and another passenger who said he was an indigene of the Angulama community began chatting with me. He said he had been noticing me in that community, that the way I dress doesn’t just suit me as a corper teacher in that community. And truly, my fellow corp members had told me same. One even said I do dress to kill. But do i! I didn’t think so because I bought couple of beautiful clothes before going to camp, thinking I would be posted to a great firm so my dressing would be so effective. When my corper leader officer (CLO) was even saying that I shouldn’t be dressing too corporate in that kind of village.

So the indigene man was telling me that he really admired the way I always dress to school even when the school sef doesn’t exist, and no students in the classroom. I smiled and thanked him so well. He said I don’t deserve to be in that community with that kind of my cute and great dressing. I laughed, wetin man fit do! I told the man that even though I didn’t like the place but I have no other choice. He said his name is Mr. Wene and he stays in Port Harcourt. He said he came to check his house and was going back to Port Harcourt. He said with that my fine cooperate dressing, I can fit into all those big organizations. I laughed and jokingly told him that I don’t mind if he could link me to any big organization. He laughed too and told me he can do it. And, I really appreciated that as we chatted and he told me all his exploits and great men he had and is working with. And I believed me. I saw him as a genuine and sincere guy. Infact as he was saying it, I was happy that I have found a helper, someone that will connect and link me to great and big players in Port Harcourt. He looked genuine and somehow rich. And I saw him as a God sent agent. He even paid my transport fare to Port Harcourt and we exchanged contacts before leaving to our various destination.

After my transaction in port Harcourt, I had to rush down to my PPA to work on my CV. Throughout that weekend I and Mr. Wene talked so much on phone. He said there was a job offer that came up in Trans Amadi and it was a multinational company that has their Headquarter in Texas, U.S. The company deals in chemicals. He said if I don’t mind him linking me because he knows a friend who is an insider. I was so happy about it. “Even if say e reach N70,000 wey them dey pay I go just ghost my NYSC,” that was my thought. I asked him the name of the company, he said he won’t tell me that moment as he laughed on phone. I smiled and took it as a joke. He asked me to send my CV to him through email so he could forward it to them. I had to remind him that there was no browsing network. “Ok kkk,I remember,” he said. He said he would be coming next weekend so I should prepare the hardcopy of my CV, so when he’s going back to Port Harcourt he will take it. I was just so happy as I gave a colleague of mine to help me print out the CV in Choba.

The next weekend came and I gave Mr. Wene my CV. I felt I was close to my breakthrough. Mr. Wene assured me that I shouldn’t bother myself and, that I will get the job, and he had already told his insider about me.

Few days later I received a call from someone who said his name Emmy. He said he was calling me from I&Q American chemical company in Port Harcourt and my CV was sent to their company that I am interested in one of the vacant positions. Na so I tell am “Yes.” Emmy said since I studied industrial chemistry, the position that they would fit me as an industrial junior manager in the company. “Chaiii, na so I happy ooo.” I told him that wouldn’t be a problem. He asked if I would like to work with them. “Chaii, that question no make sense. Who wan reject that kind offer.” Na so I shout “Yes I will.” Na so he tell me say he go call back later. After the call, I was so happy. I felt I was going to win a jackpot. I felt my life was about to change for good.

3 days later Emmy called me and said the next day would be my oral phone interview and I should prepare for it.

The next day came and I was called by a female worker from that company. She asked me couple of questions like my name, why I want to work with them and my goals. I answered them to the best of knowledge. She told me that the company would get back to me.

2 days later, Emmy called and told me that I was successful and they would be expecting me to resume in the next 2 weeks. I was so happy as he told me that my salary was N80,000. “Chaii, see as i just dey happy.” This one na total ghosting for NYSC since I have gotten a good job. After the call, I called my family back at home that I had gotten a job in a multinational company in Port Harcourt. Na so them happy for me. But yet, I was yet to know were, address of the company in Trans Amadi axis of Port Harcourt. I didn’t even know more about the company.

A day later I called Emmy to know how far about my job offer. He told me there was a new development. That I was supposed to come to the company to sign and fill some forms but it has to cut short because the organization is trying to give another person the job. Immediately I heard that, na so my heart fly commot. Wetin I don already happy. I had called so many people that I had gotten a good job. “Na im devil wan pour sand sand for my garri.” I began begging him to help so I won’t loss that kind of opportunity. Emmy said the main thing was because I didn’t pay for the job application fee. I asked how much was the application fee. He told me it was N10,000. And I began wondering why and how people pay for job application fee! I didn’t want to lose that job. I told Emmy that I am a corper and I didn’t have that kind of money. He said he couldn’t do anything about it. I called Mr. Wene to tell him about the new development. Mr. Wene said he would get back to me so he could contact some executives. Few minutes later Mr. Wene called me. He said that I was even supposed to pay N20,000 that of his influence it was reduced to N10,000. He said I should try to pay the money, that that is how they do it. If not, I will lose the job. Na so I begin find money oo. The little money I had was not enough. I had to borrow more money from my colleagues to complete the N10,000 within 24 hours. After raising the money, I called Emmy. Na there the bobo come tell me say I go pay the money into their account so they would process it before I can come to their office. A colleague of mine going to Port Harcourt, I gave her the N10,000 to pay in to the account Emmy sent. It wasn’t even a company’s account number. It was a personal account number. After the payment, Emmy even called to confirm they have gotten the alert.

2 days later, Emmy called and said that I should come with my original documents to their office in Port Harcourt. He gave me the address which was located in Trans Amadi. Na so I the next day I dress wella come go trans Amadi axis, with the address Emmy gave to me. I looked for the company and the place but couldn’t find it. I asked people but everyone said they don’t know or even heard about the company. I tried calling Emmy’s number but it was telling me “the line was switched off.” I called Mr. Wene, same thing. Till date, their numbers had been switched off. It was all dawned on me that I had been duped. I came to realize that the I&Q company doesn’t exist. I even came to realize that I wasn’t the conly corper who fell for that kind of trap. So many corpers were victims of this kind of this fraud. I wanted to report the matter, Mr Wene to the community chief in in my PPA but I was told not to go because I am just a corper in that community and I might just been in danger. Couple of my friends were blaming me because I was so greedy and gullible. Truly I was gullible.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1082-how-i-got-scammed-looking-for-a-supportive-job-as-a-corper

You forgot to mention whether Mr Wene or Emmy shine congo, on top say u dey find work by any means possible. It's sad that there are still gullible ppl in our system. We as Nigerians suppose sharp. Word of advice for job seekers....any body person or agent that requests for money before giving you job...na SCAM

I saw one recently that attached training to the job and said you will have to pay for the training, and wont be paid during the duration of the training. I think the training was for 3 months. My response to such statements or regulation is that, [s]since you will give me job, make i start, then u can be deducting your fee until fully paid. [/s] in short, just walk away and thank your God.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Rori(m): 9:56am On Jan 19, 2016
Onismate? See my copper way dem dupe. C. L.O
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by toprealman: 9:57am On Jan 19, 2016
You are lucky to be alive, what if they were ritualist or serial rapist?
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by sheubaba2013: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2016
If not that u are afraid for security reasons at d community, u could have tracked the fraud stars via the account the guy gave u... undecided undecided undecided...plz guys is bad to take advantage of a job seeker. Is bad o because you don't know who is who. Some people parents na pastor, Imam some self na baba Alawo, if you dupe people like that, your name na sorry
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by ifeomaekol(f): 10:00am On Jan 19, 2016
timunstopable:

They are not from NYSC remember every camp has a magazine in which details of each corperr is published .They get it from there..
wow I forgot abt dt magazine, I think ds shuld be reported to d officials of NYSC as soon as possible.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 19, 2016
Job scammers TAKEN advantage of corpers.

Na wa o , for front page , the mod wey post this for front page should be given 12 strokes of cane. What would it take to edit the title.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 19, 2016
Hey
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 19, 2016
All Nigerian applicant has been scammed. Little or big money my experience with Esther breakthrough in Surulere, Lington and Beiling and inkwell Nigeria limited. My ordeal with them is a lesson that can frustrate man to rub or do money ritual. God will guilds our steps in Nigeria.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Taiwo20(m): 10:13am On Jan 19, 2016
spartoo:
sori small..

... but with the state of the economy, not all Nigerians will hav th urge to read all of that... including me

The state of the economy and the urge to read ke?
I just tire.....though that was an epistle...
But we need to keep reading...
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by anochuko01(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2016
lool....though I pity you, but your story is comical.

I don't have so many rules...but desperation is not my thing...
also, its great if one has two or three people one can ''consult'' before taking decisions.
finally, trust in God and believe in yourself....if you do, you wouldn't be desperate, hence no chance of being duped.
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2016
See as you mumu reach , your mumu wear chieftaincy cap sef. Next please!!!
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by dhantey324(m): 10:23am On Jan 19, 2016
Thank ur God say dem no chop ur punny. If not u 4 enter gobe!
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by btkenward(m): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2016
Well, i will not blame u for what u did in the first place, u just need to be more careful, and its bcoz of the area u are posted to that place u are posted to is also very dangerous environment, nobody will be encouraged to do his or her service there, because i also did my NYSC in Minama Community in that Asari Toru LGA and its not a laughing matter serving in those cultist and militancy prone local government. I just pray for u that God will protect u and provide a good job for u as soon as collect your discharge certificate even before that time come job will be waiting for u.
Minama Community CLO 2015 Batch C
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Kakamorufu(m): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2016
I almost fell for the same scam back then in umuahia. Thank God i was quick to call my senses together.

You don't have to rush. When it's time you will get a job that fits you. Shalom

Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Kreamie(m): 10:54am On Jan 19, 2016
I & Q.... Truly an IQ testing task..Means your IQ is below average
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by jopretty(f): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2016
I almost fell victim to them. After service last year, I got a text msg from a supposed corper that there was an opening in PH and I should call him. I did and the idiot said his uncle is the HR. I called the Uncle, he confirmed the opening even went ahead to say my monthly salary would be #300k an official car, and accommodation minus other allowances, for my mind I say see awuf. Then the bomb, I have to buy a form worth #25k and then the job wud be mine. I laugh tire. I just tell the Uncle to give the job to his daughter, not interested. Scammers scamming since tey tey cheesy
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 19, 2016
Poor you, this is why its good to do a research about the area you want to serve, stop following fairy tales of oil rich community, rivers state has changed alot over the years. This is not rivers of the 90s.

When I served in katsina 14yrs a go I was posted to the village to teach, only engineers and doctors got preferential treatment.

My advice is for you to get your priorities right, if you dont like the LGA you can apply for redeployment, keep your options open, if you re given a school, teach there , while doing that look out for other career options but keep realistic expectations.

Shell, AGIP chevron are laying off people becos of dwindling revenues, dont expect big oil company job again in ph.

Dress properly too least you attract attention of kidnappers, you dont want to father their children. undecided
Re: Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job by ninodaniel(m): 11:08am On Jan 19, 2016
u gt luck say na only money dy collect and na only 10k set because d way u tk dey desperate if to say d man wan nyash u , u go gv am kitty cat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! I Can't Log In To My Npower Teach Assessment Portal P To U / Bristow Group Inc. (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) / Dangote Group Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment May 2018 (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.