Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,088 members, 7,933,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:44 AM

Breaking: Whatsapp To Drop Subscription Fees; To Stay Ad-free - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Breaking: Whatsapp To Drop Subscription Fees; To Stay Ad-free (486 Views)

Taking your Ebay/Amazon order@890 upwards/$,shipping to Lagos from 8$/lbs upward / End Your DSTV Subscription Forever! / LEAKED: Whatsapp To Get Video Calling Feature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Whatsapp To Drop Subscription Fees; To Stay Ad-free by ludamix(m): 6:35am On Jan 19, 2016
WhatsApp said that it will no longer charge subscription fees. It previously had charged an annual renewal fee of $1 for all users after their first year."As we've grown, we've found that this approach hasn't worked well. Many WhatsApp users don't have a debit or credit card number and they worried they'd lose access to their friends and family after their first year. So over the next several weeks, we'll remove fees from the different versions of our app and WhatsApp will no longer charge you for our service," WhatsApp said.WhatsApp said, "Naturally, people might wonder how we plan to keep WhatsApp running without subscription fees and if today's announcement means we're introducing third-party ads. The answer is no.""We all get these messages elsewhere today - through text messages and phone calls - so we want to test new tools to make this easier to do on WhatsApp, while still giving you an experience without third-party ads and spam," WhatsAppnoted.
Re: Breaking: Whatsapp To Drop Subscription Fees; To Stay Ad-free by spafu(m): 6:44am On Jan 19, 2016
New Year gift if I must say.
Re: Breaking: Whatsapp To Drop Subscription Fees; To Stay Ad-free by lordprosh(m): 7:23am On Jan 19, 2016
Do people pay whatsapp sub fee?.. I don't oo.. I delete and reopen again!...
Re: Breaking: Whatsapp To Drop Subscription Fees; To Stay Ad-free by Kreamie(m): 9:19am On Jan 19, 2016
Never paid a dime yet I have life activation grin

(1) (Reply)

Bold 5 And Playstation 2 Forsale / Pc Components For Sell Below 3k / GIS, GPS, Satellite Imagery - Services, Products, Data, Solutions, Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.