Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? (1586 Views)

Why Buhari Sent N500,000 To Judge Accused Of Corruption / List Of Non-career Ambassadorial Nominees Buhari Sent To Senate / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by stanuplane(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2016
Our confused president has already spent 8 months on the sit of power. His only achievement so far is fighting kworuption. But I ask, which high profile looter has buhari really sent to prison? To a real prison and not the ones in the pages of our national dailies. Every right thinking Nigerian should lend his/her voice and call buhari and apc to order. Let them stop chasing ghosts and really get to work. Ur thoughts
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2016
He has not put any of them to trial before the law court.He is only detaining them.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by bigiyaro(m): 8:11am On Jan 19, 2016
My tot is that, u should be patient n let justice take it's cause.

5 Likes

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by Ijaya123: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2016
It is not his bit to send anybody to prison but that of the court. And court cases are not concluded overnight.

You need to enlighten yourself.

7 Likes

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by stanuplane(m): 8:13am On Jan 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
My tot is that, u should be patient n let justice take it's cause.
and while we re waiting for justice to take its course. The country falls apart.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by pdpchangeapc(m): 8:16am On Jan 19, 2016
Ijaya123:
It is not his bit to send anybody to prison but that of the court. And court cases are not concluded overnight.

You are right, but they need to act within the constitutional limit, i think an accussed is not supposed to be detained indefinitely before appearing in court. am not a lawyer tho.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by stanuplane(m): 8:16am On Jan 19, 2016
Ijaya123:

. So the administration should be waiting for the next 3.3 years for court cases to be concluded before they really get down to governance. Are you listening to urself?
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by Ijaya123: 8:23am On Jan 19, 2016
stanuplane:
. So the administration should be waiting for the next 3.3 years for court cases to be concluded before they really get down to governance. Are you listening to urself?

Refer to the last line of my former quote.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by DropShot: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2016
Lol!
It used to be "who has Buhari arrested or prosecuted for corruption?".

And now that some have been arrested and being prosecuted, it has shifted to "who has Buhari sent to prison?".

What will it be after Mettuh, Dasuki, Dokpesi, Bafarawa, Haliru Bello and co have been sentenced? Let me guess:

"So, it's only six people Buhari has successfully sent to prison. We even thougt it will be hundred".

Wailers condition is very pitiable.

6 Likes

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by Osakah24(m): 8:34am On Jan 19, 2016
In the fullness of time,you will see them

1 Like

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by yhemsy62(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2016
When we are no longer in d military regime, everything has to follow due process

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by bigiyaro(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2016
stanuplane:
and while we re waiting for justice to take its course. The country falls apart.
take the chill pill, Dats not gonna happen. It's better to drive it into the heads of our senile old thieves dat, if you steal Der gonna be trouble, than someone boldly stealing billions of dollars knowing fully well dat nothing will happen to him.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by obailala(m): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2016
stanuplane:
Our confused president has already spent 8 months on the sit of power. His only achievement so far is fighting kworuption. But I ask, which high profile looter has buhari really sent to prison? To a real prison and not the ones in the pages of our national dailies. Every right thinking Nigerian should lend his/her voice and call buhari and apc to order. Let them stop chasing ghosts and really get to work. Ur thoughts
My thoughts is that you have reasoned no better than the illiterate okada man who lived close to my house some time ago (no offence intended). You should know that under a democracy , it starts with investigations, prosecution and judgement before prison. A process which naturally takes time especially considering the nature of Nigerian judiciary.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by stanuplane(m): 9:46am On Jan 19, 2016
obailala:
My thoughts is that you have reasoned no better than the illiterate okada man who lived close to my house some time ago (no offence intended). You should know that under a democracy , it starts with investigations, prosecution and judgement before prison. A process which naturally takes time especially considering the nature of Nigerian judiciary.
read my post again, read yours then at least attempt to use that grey matter in ur skull to decipher the info am trying to pass, at least for once in your miserable life. Grow a brain and stop being a zombie.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by stanuplane(m): 9:51am On Jan 19, 2016
[quote author=You should know that under a democracy , it starts with investigations, prosecution and judgement before prison.[/quote].

really? Re u sure u re in the same country with me? So buhari is really following the sequence u outlined above huh? Refer to my former mention cos u really need deliverance.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by ubah84(m): 10:43am On Jan 19, 2016
when buhari said money was stolen, you said he is lieing dat he should name them, when he named them u said he can't arrest them,when they were arrested u shout winch hunting, when the accused confessed now u are asking who has he jailed. Pls don't worry Metuh will soon tell you his room number in kirikiri
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by dayohoo: 10:51am On Jan 19, 2016
Rejoice with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by vedaxcool(m): 10:58am On Jan 19, 2016
^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin

When people start getting long jail sentence hope you won't shout witch hunt? eh op?

1 Like

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by obailala(m): 11:21am On Jan 19, 2016
stanuplane:
read my post again, read yours then at least attempt to use that grey matter in ur skull to decipher the info am trying to pass, at least for once in your miserable life. Grow a brain and stop being a zombie.
To give you the benefit of a doubt, I had to read your post and mine again as you suggested, and I did it slowly this time around. Unfortunately I still stand by my previous statement; your reasoning smacks of ignorance if you expect people to be thrown in jail without a procedure even in a democracy.

Investigations => prosecution => judgement => prison. So far we're still at the investigation/prosecution phase, and yes, this stage could involve holding the suspects in custody.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by Tinubutoto: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
obailala:
To give you the benefit of a doubt, I had to read your post and mine again as you suggested, and I did it slowly this time around. Unfortunately I still stand by my previous statement; your reasoning smacks of ignorance if you expect people to be thrown in jail without a procedure even in a democracy.

Investigations => prosecution => judgement => prison. So far we're still at the investigation/prosecution phase, and yes, this stage could involve holding the suspects in custody.
but what we have is : arrest-prosecution the investigation, is dat what u were taught?
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by obailala(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
Tinubutoto:

but what we have is : arrest-prosecution the investigation, is dat what u were taught?
Arrest is part of investigation and arrest is required for prosecution, you should have been able to read that in my last post. And a piece of advice, stop weeping over the welfare of some criminal moneybags who stole your money, you are not even related to these guys and they didn't give you a dime from their loot. Stop having sleepless nights over the welfare of people that don't give a damn about your existence.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by amaechi1: 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
stanuplane:

Don't be mischievous here.
I will suggest you direct that question to the judiciary, who responsibilities are to examined facts before them and make "appropriate" pronouncement within the law. Buhari is the Judge or court marshal where crime are being persecuted within a short time. Talk to the judges.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by Tinubutoto: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
obailala:
Arrest is part of investigation and arrest is required for prosecution, you should have been able to read that in my last post. And a piece of advice, stop weeping over the welfare of some criminal moneybags who stole your money, you are not even related to these guys and they didn't give you a dime from their loot. Stop having sleepless nights over the welfare of people that don't give a damn about your existence.
so u were taught that after prosecution u investigate? u sounding like a lawyer but if u r I am so ashamed of yo universityand d law school campus u attended.
u v to carry out investigation properly and gather yo evidences before prosecution and not going to court before u come up with evidence by rearresting after d accused has taken his plea. the practice is when new facts are available, u amend yo charge whereby the court will read d amended charge and d accused will take another plea. after taken d plea, d defence counsel will apply for d sustainability of d bail granted by d court earlier if it's a bailable offence.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by obailala(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
Tinubutoto:

so u were taught that after prosecution u investigate? u sounding like a lawyer but if u r I am so ashamed of yo universityand d law school campus u attended.
u v to carry out investigation properly and gather yo evidences before prosecution and not going to court before u come up with evidence by rearresting after d accused has taken his plea. the practice is when new facts are available, u amend yo charge whereby the court will read d amended charge and d accused will take another plea. after taken d plea, d defence counsel will apply for d sustainability of d bail granted by d court earlier if it's a bailable offence.
Investigation is an ongoing process and it will continue at least until the person is slammed in jail by a judge if found guilty. So yes, investigations can still continue even after the person is already being prosecuted.

If a suspect is charged to court based on available evidence, nothing stops the prosecution from continuing its investigations to unearth more evidence to support their case, and if more evidences surface, more charges can be prepared. There is no where in the world where the constitution says investigations should stop after a suspect has been charged to court; there is also nowhere in the Nigerian constitution where it says the police or EFCC or any investigating institution does not have a right to bring up more charges after the suspect has been charged for a previous one.

I am not a lawyer, I do not need to be a lawyer to know this, IT IS COMMON SENSE!!!... You can spend your life defending people that robbed you blind, but I thank God that for the first time in a long time, Nigeria is led by a person who doesn't give a damn about such illogical wailings.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by tola9jaa: 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
stanuplane:

Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by Tinubutoto: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
obailala:
Investigation is an ongoing process and it will continue at least until the person is slammed in jail by a judge if found guilty. So yes, investigations can still continue even after the person is already being prosecuted.

If a suspect is charged to court based on available evidence, nothing stops the prosecution from continuing its investigations to unearth more evidence to support their case, and if more evidences surface, more charges can be prepared. There is no where in the world where the constitution says investigations should stop after a suspect has been charged to court; there is also nowhere in the Nigerian constitution where it says the police or EFCC or any investigating institution does not have a right to bring up more charges after the suspect has been charged for a previous one.

I am not a lawyer, I do not need to be a lawyer to know this, IT IS COMMON SENSE!!!... You can spend your life defending people that robbed you blind, but I thank God that for the first time in a long time, Nigeria is led by a person who doesn't give a damn about such illogical wailings.
meaning u v no idea of what amendment of charge is? it's a bad practice to charge one to court without proper investigation. let me refer u to Rotimi Akerdolu on ds.
Since u r not a lawyer, u don't understand what abuse of court processes is right? go and read about abuse of court processes then come let's chat.
Re: Who Has Buhari Sent To Prison? by mej67: 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
Accused: 5,000

Arrained: 3

Convicted: 0

We are watching and updating the score board

(1) (Reply)

The Noblezone Bags The Prestigious OMBN Award! / Cbn Illegal Hiring (hillarious Cartoon) / An Open Letter To Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.