Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags (1724 Views)

Governor Masari Serving Himself Food In The Kitchen Of Government Girls School / PICS: Deputy Speaker, Lagos State House Of Assembly Gives Students Free GCE Form / Journalists Queue For Food In Kogi Government House - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by londonrivals: 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2016
[img]http://1.bp..com/-mz00OzE5OAs/Vp47SueHZWI/AAAAAAAIDAs/OPww5jVLhfw/s400/index.jpg[/img]

Mohammed Hassan took to his Facebook page to share this photo of two pieces of yam in a plastic bag which is allegedly given to pupils in Kaduna State and wrote;

"Another side of the story...that's why I love social media..2 slices of Yam in a black polythene bag. The widely broadcast school feeding program of Kaduna State govt. In most of the schools I visited many and as at the time of my visit only 35% of the kids are able to get 2 slices of yam in a black polythene without water for breakfast.
Excuse me oga Governor Sir. 2 slices of yam for breakfast in kaduna state for Nursery & Primary school pupils. Please is that what you give your children for breakfast? Can 2 slices of yam be enough for a child of the age between the average of 5 to 12?"

[img]http://3.bp..com/-KVygji6LR7U/Vp47TRdiL4I/AAAAAAAIDA0/lHNoTs01vpQ/s400/lib1-1.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/01/photos-kaduna-gives-students-food-in.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by delishpot: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
I could feed those kids better with #2500 per child per month.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
Nigeria.
Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by themilanway(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2016
This is poor both in taste and on sight.While it will amount to sheer hypocrisy and been mischievous to ask the governor to personally monitor how these kids are actually fed in all schools across the states,its equally right he constitutes monitoring teams who will go round to enforce and ensure this noble and laudable innovation is sincerely and holistically implemented.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by LoveMachine(m): 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2016
We take one step forward then 40 backwards. Sometimes I wanna give up on this world.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by poiZon: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
I watched core tv the other commending this feat n I was why r nigerian journalist so myopic?
they said each plate will cost d govt 50naira n kd govt is projecting 1.5million kids on this useless venture. at the end of the month 18billion naira will be spent yearly on this. why shud we blame them when there is oyel money keeping them afloat.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by dazdilijae(m): 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
Please can you name the particular school where you took this pictures and which LGA? One case of negligent contractor can not be used as generalisation that the whole feeding programme is the same.
Please let's be objective in our reporting
Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by Mekus68: 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
See what poverty is doing in the North. Thats y they n their e-solders on here dont want Biafra to go so that they will be feeding with our oil money

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by UIA04(f): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
For me I see nothing really wrong with this this Food is for children from homes that can't afford three square meals daily so it's quite a blessing for the parents pocket.
Even me I can't eat more than four slices of yam for breakfast considering they are primary school children this might be done to avoid waste of any kind
Thirdly the polythene nylon isn't bad cause we buy akara, boli and so on inside paper and nylon it's cheaper than providing plate that can get lost or needs to be washed later
Being the first state to start it in Niger let's not spoil such laudable achiement with propaganda instead let's hope with time it gets better to being two meals in every part of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by BushidoBlue(m): 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2016
UIA04:
For me I see nothing really wrong with this this Food is for children from homes that can't afford three square meals daily so it's quite a blessing for the parents pocket.
Even me I can't eat more than four slices of yam for breakfast considering they are primary school children this might be done to avoid waste of any kind
Thirdly the polythene nylon isn't bad cause we buy akara, boli and so on inside paper and nylon it's cheaper than providing plate that can get lost or needs to be washed later
Being the first state to start it in Niger let's not spoil such laudable achiement with propaganda instead let's hope with time it gets better to being two meals in every part of Nigeria

When Nigerians settle for mediocrity

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by UIA04(f): 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
BushidoBlue:

When Nigerians settle for mediocrity
That's your business

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by demolinka(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
After the pikin dem chop am, their hunger go increase. And their own children will never eat stuff like this o...
Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by BushidoBlue(m): 10:43pm On Jan 19, 2016
UIA04:

That's your business

No.
Actually it's yours.
Re: PHOTOS: Kaduna Gives Students Food In Polythene Bags by UIA04(f): 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
BushidoBlue:

No. Actually it's yours.
K

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Arrives Hospital To See Late James Ocholi In His N7.2m Polaris / Can Buhari Really Deliver 10,000 Mega Watts In 3years? / Presidency Says “husband” Of Rescued Chibok Girl Is Her Brother, Not Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.