Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

Buratai Justifies Shi’ites’ Killing, Says Army Acted Within Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Justifies Shi’ites’ Killing, Says Army Acted Within Law (343 Views)

Shi’ites/soldiers Clash: We’ve No Apology – Army / Lagos State Website Hacked, Shi’ites Leave Message For FG / Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buratai Justifies Shi’ites’ Killing, Says Army Acted Within Law by azu12: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
The Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Tukur Buratai, on Tuesday spoke for the first time on the bloody clash between soldiers in his convoy and members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (also known as Shi’ites) in Zaria on December 12, 2015, justifying the action of his men which reportedly resulted in the death of scores of members of the sect.

Buratai, who spoke at the headquarters of the National Human Rights Commission in Abuja during the opening ceremony of the sitting of an investigative panel set up by the commission on the clash.

Buratai, who explained how his convoy was held hostage by members of the sect, said his convoy was blocked in Zaria. He added that his men acted within the rules of engagement in trying to clear the way.

He said, “The circumstances that led to the incident of December 12, 2015 have been well articulated by officers that were involved. I was in the convoy. It was my convoy, the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff.

“I left Dutse that morning, hoping to arrive Zaria on time, to attend the passing out parade of the 73 Regular Recruit of Intakes. But, the convoy was blocked when we entered the Zaria City.

“What transpired has been documented by the officers that were with me. They have also made their own statements. And they are here to give full account of what transpired. We are here because we respect human rights.

Copied From: http://www.zubbyblog.com/buratai-justifies-shiites-killing-says-army-acted-within-law/

1 Like

Re: Buratai Justifies Shi’ites’ Killing, Says Army Acted Within Law by sirthisthickkal: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2016
carry on, we are behind you
Sometimes I regret not joining the army
Re: Buratai Justifies Shi’ites’ Killing, Says Army Acted Within Law by Fash20: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Tear Gases and Tasers would have saved lives.

(1) (Reply)

God's Political Order / NUT Vows To Monitor Implementation Of 2016 Budget. / FG Promises Not To Sack NNPC Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.