Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,052 members, 7,976,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:12 PM

Dangers Of Drinking Raw Eggs - Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangers Of Drinking Raw Eggs - Health (716 Views)

Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] / Dangers Of Having Cockroaches In Your House / 15 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Drinking Raw Eggs - Health by tetradollar: 5:12am On Jan 20, 2016
Following the resurgence of bird flu also known as Avian influenza in some parts of Nigeria and its devastating impacts on poultry productivity and safety; Dr. Emmanuel Onyeka, a medical professional, advised that Nigerians should desist from the habit of drinking raw eggs to prevent easy transfer of the bird flu virus to humans.

Dr. Onyeka, staff of the Veterinary Services Department of the Enugu State Ministry of Agriculture, gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Enugu. He spoke against the backdrop of the recent resurgence of bird flu in parts of the country.

"Everybody should disinfect eggs bought in the market, even before cooking or frying them, to meet eating condition."

"Those in the habit of breaking and drinking raw eggs, for whatever reasons, are taking a very big risk of contracting bird flu"

However, he said that though there were few known cases of humans contracting the disease in the country. Nevertheless, everybody is hereby enjoined to play his or her part so that the disease does not take another dimension.

Wisdom is profitable to direct us in all that we do; drinking of raw eggs for whatever reason should be stopped forthwith.

http://www.ozoneviews.com/2016/01/dangers-of-drinking-raw-eggs-health.html
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Raw Eggs - Health by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 20, 2016
Drinking raw egg was never a healthy enough practice. Even if there was no incidence of bird flue, people should desist from that.

But to say we should disinfect an egg before we cook it? It could have helped if there was any detail on the mode of disinfection lest a lethal substance in a disinfectant becomes another source of health concern.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Raw Eggs - Health by MicroIce(m): 5:46am On Jan 20, 2016
Freelanswer:
Drinking raw egg was never a healthy enough practice. Even if there was no incidence of bird flue, people should desist from that.

But to say we should disinfect an egg before we cook it? It could have helped if there was any detail on the mode of disinfection lest a lethal substance in a disinfectant becomes another source of health concern.
Ah just taya my broda, ah just taya.. bird flu here, lasa fever there, h.i.v n aids, cholera, yellow fever, nt to 4get meagre ones like krorkror, kwashiokor etc, shey person no go dey use methylated spirit bath n cook so?
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Raw Eggs - Health by ministeriallist: 6:18am On Jan 20, 2016
MicroIce:

Ah just taya my broda, ah just taya.. bird flu here, lasa fever there, h.i.v n aids, cholera, yellow fever, nt to 4get meagre ones like krorkror, kwashiokor etc, shey person no go dey use methylated spirit bath n cook so?
Methylated spirit?
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Raw Eggs - Health by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2016
MicroIce:

@MicroIce, you don't have to fear. Just do your part and leave the rest for God. It's only when you failed to do what you could have done that you may entertain fear even before the throne of the Almighty. Fear has absolute zero contribution to life. It is 0% addition and 100% subtraction.

(1) (Reply)

MouthAction Can Increase Your Risk Of Getting Throat Cancer. / Say No To Raw Sex! / Causes And Treatment Of Painful Menstruation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.