Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,925 members, 7,918,993 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs (850 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Abuja High Court In Handcuffs Ahead Of His Bail Hearing.PICS / Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe / Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Handcuffs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by SignalNG1(m): 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
Mixed reactions have trailed the handcuffing of Nigeria’s opposition spokesman Chief Olisa Metuh who appeared in court on Tuesday for his bail application hearing handcuffed by prison officials.

Drawing a sharp contrast between the treatment meted to Metuh and former NSA Sambo Dasuki, some Nigerians in the social media have condemned the Buhari government’s double-sided approach in the war against corruption.

All through his appearances in court, the former NSA Sambo Dasuki with bigger allegations of graft leveled against him was allowed to freely walk into the court premises without the restraints of handcuffs leaving many unanswered questions as to why Olisa Metuh, the image maker of Nigeria’s leading opposition party was paraded like a common criminal.

Yusuff Olagoke, a legal practitioner who spoke to SIGNAL on Tuesday said there was nothing out of place in the use of handcuffs on Metuh by prison officials. According to him, the prison officials have the discretion to place any suspect in restraints if they sufficiently believe there are reasons to protect the suspect from harming himself in the course of being transported from the prison to court or sustaining injuries if attacked in the course of the transportation. He however noted that “the presumption of a suspect’s innocence is activated the moment he or she steps into the courtroom.”

However, a Twitter user who tweets anonymously via the handle @StoPropaganda alleged government interference and manipulation, accusing the Minister of Interior Lt. General Abdulrahman Dambazau (rtd) for personally ordering Olisa Metuh to be put in handcuffs for the “newspaper photo effect”.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/questions-dasuki-came-to-court-like-a-boss-metuh-was-brought-in-handcuffs/

Re: QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by fkpboss: 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2016
Noted
Re: QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
The real criminal was treated like a king.While the one who was given part of the yam was treated like criminal.Whose crime is bigger between the two?
Re: QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by sammyj: 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Story for the gods. Dasuki decided to corporate while Metuh decided to steal never to return the yams the goat took from us.!!! grin shocked shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
sammyj:
Story for the gods. Dasuki decided to corporate while Metuh decided to steal never to return the yams the goat took from us.!!! grin shocked shocked grin grin grin
Has dasuki returned any money? Infact, what has stubbornness got to do with discrimination?
Re: QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by sammyj: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
.................. grin shocked grin grin grin grin
Love Machine:
Has dasuki returned any money? Infact, what has stubbornness got to do with discrimination?
Re: QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by olaoracle(m): 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
SignalNG1:
Mixed reactions have trailed the handcuffing of Nigeria’s opposition spokesman Chief Olisa Metuh who appeared in court on Tuesday for his bail application hearing handcuffed by prison officials.

Drawing a sharp contrast between the treatment meted to Metuh and former NSA Sambo Dasuki, some Nigerians in the social media have condemned the Buhari government’s double-sided approach in the war against corruption.

All through his appearances in court, the former NSA Sambo Dasuki with bigger allegations of graft leveled against him was allowed to freely walk into the court premises without the restraints of handcuffs leaving many unanswered questions as to why Olisa Metuh, the image maker of Nigeria’s leading opposition party was paraded like a common criminal.

Yusuff Olagoke, a legal practitioner who spoke to SIGNAL on Tuesday said there was nothing out of place in the use of handcuffs on Metuh by prison officials. According to him, the prison officials have the discretion to place any suspect in restraints if they sufficiently believe there are reasons to protect the suspect from harming himself in the course of being transported from the prison to court or sustaining injuries if attacked in the course of the transportation. He however noted that “the presumption of a suspect’s innocence is activated the moment he or she steps into the courtroom.”

However, a Twitter user who tweets anonymously via the handle @StoPropaganda alleged government interference and manipulation, accusing the Minister of Interior Lt. General Abdulrahman Dambazau (rtd) for personally ordering Olisa Metuh to be put in handcuffs for the “newspaper photo effect”.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/questions-dasuki-came-to-court-like-a-boss-metuh-was-brought-in-handcuffs/

OPEN LETTER TO ALL WHO ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA (PART 1)
I think due to the Level of Corruption this Country has been open up to in the past Two Decades I deduce just some conclusion in the Mental Process and Thinking of an average Nigerian who believe in Party Discrimination and Ethnic Division and I came to realize that 90% of 170million Nigerians are psychologically Sick and Bias because of what I can call Poverty and Norms, Wish is the way we (Nigerians) think things should be due to the Psychological Trauma that an average Nigerian has passed through in the past Government.
Imagine this Scenario and Judge yourself by analyzing maybe you are Sane or Insane
1. Did Dasuki Collect $2.1=YES

2. Did he gave Olisah Metu N400m=YES

3. Did you as a Supporter benefit from the money when it was shared=NO

4. Did the duos accepted the responsibilities of taking, sharing & receiving the money respectively as the case maybe=YES

5. Where were you when the money is been shared= At your Home Broke; while some not even able to afford Three Square Meal

6. Did Dasuki cooperate with the EFCC= YES

7. Did Dasuki try to eat his Statement=NO

8. Did Olisah try to eat the statement he made by himself which make the prison service to strengthen their guard by handcuffing him so that he will not abscond=YES

9. Have ever have sympathy for a criminal who stole soap or any other material things and thereby snap the picture and post it on www.nairaland.com or any social media because he is been handcuff to court and then condemn the prison service=No

10. Why are you angry and condemning the Government because Olisah was handcuffed=It is just Discrimination of Class i.e the Rich & the Poor

11. Is it morally sane for you to waist your hard earned Megabyte which you have work hard to get from this our harsh Nigeria Network and now use it in support of this Arms Deal at the detriment of the falling Soldiers and Civilians whose families still seek JUSTICE=NO

12. Put your self in their (families) shoes; will you not even demand more than handcuff and bail of ‪#‎400m‬, if one of your family is among the Soldiers/Civilians that fell during those hard time for Olisah to be realise=YES
Now I will leave those wailing wailers who are in support of Olisah or those who are complaining of witch hunting to Judge my dear President whom i believe is open to more information and as a Father who is aggrieved that, his Home and Families which is NIGERIA has suffer alot from this Looters who called their self our Leader in the Past.

My take is that if MUHAMMADU BUHARI did not get it right, it will be difficult to get it right again and that is why I will pitch my Tent with, The Man of his Words, Mr Zero Tolerance to Corruption, the Nemesis that is catching up with our Looters, because I know and believe he will get it right.
‪#‎OneNigeria‬
‪#‎zerotolerancetocorruption‬
‪#‎letbabacontinue‬
‪#‎wearegoingbacktoourpastglory‬
‪#‎babacandoit‬
‪#‎GodwillHelpyou‬
@MBuhari
@olaoracleblog
Re: QUESTIONS | Dasuki Came To Court Like A Boss, Metuh Was Brought In Handcuffs by chuose: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
it's simple GMB hates the ibos

(1) (Reply)

Dasukigate: Kalu, The Sun Return N9m / Olusegun Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Ooni Of Ife (PICS) / Ekiti Government Under Fayemi Diverted Funds Meant For UBE – Dr. Yakubu Gambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.