Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,888 members, 7,879,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:31 AM

The Power Of Principles By Alex Paikiegha - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Power Of Principles By Alex Paikiegha (410 Views)

Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University / Buhari Renames Federal University Ebonyi, Alex Ekwueme University / The Power Of Punctuation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Principles By Alex Paikiegha by Lexv(m): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2016

I made a personal decision some years back to always seek out for principles and to apply them daily in my own life. That decision has continued to yield great dividends. Now, why do I search for principles, or better yet, why do I hunt for principles? I do it because principles are universal laws that are unchanging irrespective of the times, age or economy we live in.

The most powerful statement I've ever read concerning principles was written by Stephen R. Covey, in his best-selling book 'The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People'.

"Principles don't react to anything. They don't get mad and treat us differently. They won't divorce us or run away with our best friend. They aren't out to get us. They can't pave our way with shortcuts and quick fixes. They don't depend on the behavior of others, the environment, or the current fad for their validity. Principles don't die. They aren't here one day and gone the next. They can't be destroyed by fire, earthquake or theft.
Principles are deep, fundamental truths, classic truths, generic common denominators. They are tightly interwoven threads running with exactness, consistency, beauty, and strength through the fabric of life.
Even in the midst of people or circumstances that seem to ignore the principles, we can be secure in the knowledge that principles are bigger than people or circumstances, and that thousands of years of history have seen them truimph, time and time again".

Here are some basic principles found in the Bible:

* The Principle Of Sowing And Reaping

“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”
(Genesis 8:22)

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows".
(Galatians 6:7)

* The Principle Of Giving

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
(Luke 6:38)

* The Principle Of Thought

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee".
(Proverbs 23:7)

* The Principle Of Diligence

"Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before meanmen".
(Proverbs 22:29)

* The Principle Of Faith

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God".
(Romans 10:17)

* The Principle Of Multiplication

"He replied, “You give them something to eat.”They answered, “We have only five loaves of bread and two fish—unless we go and buy food for all this crowd.” (About five thousand men were there.) But he said to his disciples, “Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each.” The disciples did so, and everyone sat down. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over".
(Luke 9:13-17)

"The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the Lord . But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves.” Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?” “Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, “except a small jar of olive oil.” Elisha said, “Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don’t ask for just a few. Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side.” She left him and shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. When all the jars were full, she said to her son, “Bring me another one.”
But he replied, “There is not a jar left.” Then the oil stopped flowing. She went and told the man of God, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.”
(2 Kings 4:1-7)

Jim Rohn once observed, "Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying basic fundamentals".

Seek for principles!

(1) (Reply)

Gwagwalada, School Of Nursing/ And Midwifery/ Form 2015/16 Is Still On. To Apply / LASU Defeats Indian University In International Law Contest / Ghana To Upgrade 6 Polytechnics To Technical Universities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.