Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,484 members, 7,888,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:54 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1396574 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (969) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Maleeq01(m): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
lebete3000:

Whether they're related or not, you're the affected & deluded one here if you believe in its existence. No need wishing you peace as it seems you've already found it, by being entirely irresponsible for your destiny & resigning to fate.

Maleeq01 as d name sounds, the headslammers association. I should have known better than to argue with you. No wonder you were wishing me "peace" since morning. Religion of piss & shìt. Goan detonate off somewhere abeg, na una destiny afterall.
Lest i forget, service was wonderful today
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
Maleeq01:

Lol....did u just assume my religion based on my moniker? Wow, now i know the root of your problems

Bros no use talk cover am, even if you call yourself "okechukwu nwolisa" you're no different from a headslammer with your mentality. By their fruits you shall know them. Goan detonate elsewhere I insist. Loser.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
Maleeq01:

Lest i forget, service was wonderful today

Oh you mean service with Rev. Dr King cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Maleeq01(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
lebete3000:

Bros no use talk cover am, even if you call yourself "okechukwu nwolisa" you're no different from a headslammer with your mentality. By their fruits you shall know them. Goan detonate elsewhere I insist. Loser.
Lol, it is you who lost young man.....#badenergy
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
Maleeq01:

So sayeth the detonator whose life prolly isn't worth a morsel of bread.

How fares d black round dot on your bald head? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Maleeq01:

Brother how do u suppose to fight a pig in the mud ? You will only get urself soiled.
Pls just ignore, pls.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Maleeq01(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Brother how do u suppose to fight a pig in the mud ? You will only get urself soiled.
Pls just ignore, pls.
You're very right sir. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kalapizim(m): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
These attacks and name calling are not needed, it's easy for some of you to call lebete names but the wise ones will pick valuable lessons from his experiences.
Love for the job or not he is right about a few things, there are still dark sides in the Army and many things are wrong but hey we were moulded in the system so have come to terms with it. I have seen it all from NMS and even now as a civilian.
Advice to all, avoid the emotions, pick the nuggets, and effect the positive changes when you eventually make it in.

It's no longer about joining the Army, it is about the roles the future expects us to play as SSC 44 officers.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
Integrator1:

I pray you'd make the list and since you've made enquiry before joining, such scenario would be your fate and let's see how you'd react and manage it.. we'd be waiting to term it " you got what you deserve".

Lol

You didn't pray for me to make the list too

Abeg pray oh

I want the same fate as lebete30000

Don't worry...the two eye on my shoulder would treat my pains...

Am waiting for you to pray for me biko

I want to be flogged with big stick by who ever is in charge

Abeg....pray for me oh...please oga integrator

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
I called one of my uncle who happen to be a major in the army, to help me look for a referee, nigga be like
Me: Sir I have applied for the army, remaining to get an officer to sign
Uncle: Hope you have apllied for Airforce and Navy
Me: Yes Sir!!! But the I don't like the navy sir!!
Uncle: You say what!!!, better forget about the army it is a useless army, its a mad man's job..
Me: Yes Sir!!! (In my mind I just said that one concern you, whether you like it or not I must join)
Uncle: The airforce is better, there is nothing in the army except respect, if you are joining because of money you will be frustrated
Me: ***In my mind*** Yes sir, but you dey drive # 3 exotic cars, you get mansion for village wey you build when you still be Captain....
But what keeps baffling me is how some of the army officers I have being opportuned to converse with easily say forget about the army and go for the Navy or Air force.

In all, what I have deduced from all this including lebete's ordeal, is if you don't have passion for the job, walahi after 1month for training you go just loose interest, when the chips are down only your passion will keep you going....
Happy Sunday..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Babatundeh26: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
one WO in the airforce once told me the same, even a custom officer. to them the army is just a waste of time. but na there we go all due put
ugo4u:
I called one of my uncle who happen to be a major in the army, to help me look for a referee, nigga be like
Me: Sir I have applied for the army, remaining to get an officer to sign
Uncle: Hope you have apllied for Airforce and Navy
Me: Yes Sir!!! But the I don't like the navy sir!!
Uncle: You say what!!!, better forget about the army it is a useless army, its a mad man's job..
Me: Yes Sir!!! (In my mind I just said that one concern you, whether you like it or not I must join)
Uncle: The airforce is better, there is nothing in the army except respect, if you are joining because of money you will be frustrated
Me: ***In my mind*** Yes sir, but you dey drive # 3 exotic cars, you get mansion for village wey you build when you still be Captain....
But what keeps baffling me is how some of the army officers I have being opportuned to converse with easily say forget about the army and go for the Navy or Air force.

In all, what I have deduced from all this including lebete's ordeal, is if you don't have passion for the job, walahi after 1month for training you go just loose interest, when the chips are down only your passion will keep you going....
Happy Sunday..

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
It baffles to see how sentiment, religion and ethnicity is given so much priority. Lebete seriously u don't need this, army offended u and u left but life goes on if anyone is willing to join u don't need to discourage them. Everyone knows the situation of the country not just the army unless u are an alien in this nation.

To see a 17/18yrs old boy trying to join recruit or nda is enough challenge talk more of 20 something of age. Anyone willing to join army should register death at the back of his mind cos anything can happen.

Talking about other country thank God they are not corrupt like Nigeria so expect better welfare from them compare to us and at the same time army welfare is better than that of the police in this same country.

Pls in this forum let be mature enough and respect each other's opinions ND personality. Thanks and God bless us all
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
Kalapizim:
These attacks and name calling are not needed, it's easy for some of you to call lebete names but the wise ones will pick valuable lessons from his experiences.
Love for the job or not he is right about a few things, there are still dark sides in the Army and many things are wrong but hey we were moulded in the system so have come to terms with it. I have seen it all from NMS and even now as a civilian.
Advice to all, avoid the emotions, pick the nuggets, and effect the positive changes when you eventually make it in.

It's no longer about joining the Army, it is about the roles the future expects us to play as SSC 44 officers.

God bless you for this.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
johnmarcel:
i dint pray for such scenario to happen to him and stop wishing me bad, is that clear

Bro, ain't wishing you bad, I am wishing you what you wish others.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Babatundeh26: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
Dew to my school's error, the month on my original waec cert is December while on every other document it says November. I hope I won't face much problem? Secondly just a word of advice : if thousands have survived the rigours of DSSC&SSC training then nothing can stop me and you, the cadets who successfully passed through it no get two heads, just expect to suffer but for a greater good in the end.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
What I can relate from lebete 300 story is that e was maltreated by d army not training.... Dere is a Clare distinction between d too...one tin in life is that we should not criticize pples decision but have empathy for them bcoz if am in his shoes I might not do anything different from what e did... Every body don't have d same attitude in reaction to things... Not for some body to be saying e dint know Wat e sign for b4 applying and I can say that every body here knows in his mind that e his sign-in for military training not maltreartment...either ssc or dssc... Its like for example
an officer ordering a soldier who has been short in d hand or leg to continue fighting d enemy in a battle field instead of taking him back for treatment... Is that training or maltreatment
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by emmieachichi: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
Candidates!! Candidates!!! Are we clear? I tanda for sherrif, lebete n co at least una done get some German dose of army.it's clear to say we are clear!, are we clear? Very good constructive criticism from both heavy weights (sherrif n lebete)..insult is allowed in d army... All join....to potential candidates, most important questions for u

1) why do u want to join d army?
2) according to Abraham Lincoln, ask not what ur country can do for you but wat you can do for ur country... Can u pay d ultimate price wen or if selected?

To all d softies, army is not a day care or arsenal fc dat is soft(na joke o) ask sherrif n lebete for proof...
@ candidate Hennessi, nice one trying to explain training n maltreatment in army compare to western countries...very good point u made but again na naija u dey nah wetin u xpect. If one man dey use attestation of result to b commader in chief, president n minister of petroleum, i don't think there is difference btw training n maltreatment o.. If u know, you know. Integrity is a crime in naija.

So to dose dat watch western war movies like black hawk down, men of honor or pearl harbor, n Wan to train, wake up from dat dream o n watch movies like sometime in April, beast of no nation or hotel Rwanda=maltreatment of naija army candidates...dat is d definition of naija army...(@sheriff am i making clear sir..)

Anyway, weda army b hell, or useless or waste of time or full of zombie....we shall see

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lekdap: 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
Bakar1:
Gentle Men cadets

I think almost all questions that have been asked has one way or the other revolved around how the interview is going to be, but why can't you all move further to ask these gentle men officers these following questions on when enlisted what actually happens sometimes as to give you more morale of kill the one you have already.

@Sherrif232 and @mangojuice can you cracked officers help the intending cadets share your experiences at training which could be much but would be glad if you could treat these questions with the answers if not more for those enthusiasts wishing to know more than just the surface.

1. Most of the intending cadets would like to know how, when selected how is it inside as per SSC and DSSC like how would the cadets be welcomed..? Like would they start hunching from the gates and the likes how would they be given their battalions and their kits any grooming party and stuffs of that nature.

2. How is training like e.g first 3 months would it be bloody is it all about jobs and all, how do people buy job and how's it paid for, obstacle crossing going to visit various formations, what drills are taught and as from what month to what month e.g matching, weapons handling e.t.c Bush camping is it done how and where, are there classes what are being taught and all.

3. As some joined for the pay would you be as kind as giving them the range as for SSC being a lieutenant and DSSC being a 2nd Lieutenant their salary and perks are they given allowances how is the allowance paid and all what other packages and benefits are there when one joins as oppose some other jobs, as well as what they get when in camp e.g what they would be paid in camp and what they are entitled to. after camp would they be given a huge bucks like a sign on fee to be able to set up their house and get a ride and stuffs like that because some see it as a means to get out of unemployment others see it as a means to upgrade pay so that they would know what they are getting into.

4. The HTACOS can you please explain to them how it's run I.e how many years from one rank to another how many exams one needs to pass run out date on rank based on age and the likes so they know what they are facing so as not to be stagnant, as well as to calculate their ages and know their fits and their last laps and how promotions are done.

5. Are appointments given to cadets in camp just like the regulars that get appointments and what are those appointments and what do they mean and their duties and pros and cons as well.

6. Are SSC and DSSC cadets sent for courses abroad just like the regulars that the best in a field in the three arms are sent abroad to go complete his/her training is that also found there or after pipping is there any way they give best in anything where such is sent on courses abroad.

7. And accommodation after being commissioned how is it done like we all know there are barracks almost all over the country how is it done and given out duo almost everything is delapedated can one get his own accommodation outside and rent is there any support like allowance paid for those not staying in the barracks and all.

8. In terms of pass i.e going out not AWOL how many passes are given to both the SSC and DSSC and what does pass entails.

9. Hows the POP going to be preparations on terms of drills matching and how's the launch and dinner of POP going to be.

10. How are deployment letters given is it same day or when and how are you guys mobilized to go to your new unit were you guys given breaks before resuming work fully.

I don't mind gentle men officers writing epistle on each questions so as to get the intenders more grounded for what they are about to face information is power but when used as well as when harnessed from the right channel.

I think @lebete3000 can also share part of his experience he had in DSSC as well.

The army job is not a job for all, its a job well bought and well served.

Intending cadets stop assuming
You would suffer is that clear..?
What is clear..?

You all would be cracked to be born again is that clear...?

This is so we won't have deserters when they all come for training or saying had I known I wouldn't have left my civilian job, so as not to loose on both ends, as well as to give space to others who are willing, able and ready.

I think I would stop here for the intending cadets more can also be asked if they so wish.

CC Sherrif232, Mangojuice, Lebete3000

Sir, the meticulous way you have asked the above questions, and with the in-depth knowledge at which they are all analysed, my instinct tells me you are a personnel, if not in the army, it would be in the other two-sister's arm, a novince/outsider couldn't have layed 'em out the way you did. Though veterans in the field had thrown their own bit of light to the shade, but from following your comments, there is still more to meet the eye than what has been juxtaposed by the sirs in the room. Sir, you would be doing us a great deal of help /favor if you would be kind to give answers to those questions above, or at the least point us towards the direction of where to get answers from. At this stage, we love and would appreciate any epistle (as you called it earlier) you would be willing to dish to us. Thanks in anticipation sir.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
No victory without sacrifice

26 days to go

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
True, Lebete has been very helpful to this thread in dishing out invaluable information to us, especially the negative sides of the army training, all of which we appreciate, but i still dont think he has any moral ground whatsoever to chastise or fault anyone's stand here as regards this army venture.

I have gone through his thread on his experience at Jaji. As much as he has tried to, very subjectively, paint the army black, he has ended up revealing how lily-livered, selfish, insubordinate and abusive he is, all of which are qualities unbecoming of a officer.

He couldnt endure the hardship and insults for while
He wasted his zonal slot
He couldnt take orders
Now see how he is reeling out insults on fellows here.

He summarily claims that the army pays little or no attention to casualties during training and, perhaps during operation, but i personally know one of his coursemate who is a doctor and was posted to the NE. His ear drum was damaged as a result of an explosion from an EOD. He was immediately redeployed and is now in Yaba receiving good treatment while awaiting a new posting.

Nobody here is expecting a blissful and enjoyable training in either NDA or Jaji at all, and we are all prepare for it.

We still covet your contributions here, but please do that in a civilized and gentlemanly way.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
erimakosamuel:
No victory without sacrifice

26 days to go

What will happen after November 30th? lol...e go shock us sey them no go even release first list this year sef.

As much as we try to forecast timelines, make we just prepare for the worst.

Army can sabi clear doubts
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ELJC(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ELJC(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hello pls can someone throw in more light on the attestation letter, hw many copies re we to make. Secondly can someone apply with statement of result? Ur answers wld b highly appreciated tnx.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2018
odimbannamdi:

What will happen after November 30th? lol...e go shock us sey them no go even release first list this year sef.

As much as we try to forecast timelines, make we just prepare for the worst.

Army can sabi clear doubts

Very true my brother .....

Just counting days to keep myself busy night..lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 12:40am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:16am On Nov 05, 2018
MrSuama:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/294038-exclusive-149-nigerian-soldiers-in-trouble-for-uploading-photos-on-social-media.html
No wonder all my guys, that have earlier posted there pics in military uniform suddenly have taken them down. Nawa oo
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 6:20am On Nov 05, 2018
intrepidjay1:

What about its colour... Do they disqualify on whiteness
Nope

Your teeth sef white pass the the teeth of the person wey dey screen you
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 6:22am On Nov 05, 2018
Mafialeader:
this teeth issue sef, i had mine removed since 2009 and its at the extreme left side of my mouth and no visible at all sef.
I don't think there's any issue with that
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2018
ELJC:
Hello pls can someone throw in more light on the attestation letter, hw many copies re we to make. Secondly can someone apply with statement of result? Ur answers wld b highly appreciated tnx.

There is no reference letter (Attestation of good conduct) for DSSC this year, it's not on DSSC applicant's dashboard but SSC applicants and as well some DSSC applicants (those who applied very early) have it.

You can use statement of result. everyone knows Nigerian universities are lazy in issuing certificate to their graduates.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
lebete3000:

Just because you can't put 2 & 2 together doesn't mean others can't. As I said enjoy your army bro. I trained with passion, I sweated salt, I gladly lost all my belly fat, my company(Charlie) missed my inspiration while I was away in d hospital & started carrying last. I regave myself to the institution after planning to jettison it & was ready to be posted to Borno when I took the Cadet's oath. I was ready to die for the Army ONLY if the Army was ready to die for me! Anything else is sufferhead mentality to me! And then I had an issue with someone and they started saying I wanted to leave afterall, that's why I got angry. Totally unrelated news & began using that to malign my image. Abeg make dem go siddon for shit jarey. Institution filled with bunch of bimbos wielding rifles.
This touched me somehow. I understand the source of the pain.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
25 days and counting

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ELJC(m): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hope this strike won’t affect LG office’s nd other parastatals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (969) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.