Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,859 members, 7,895,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 04:22 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1400480 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (969) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2020
Blueelf:

Thanks for the clarification...

I didn't know a lieutenant would be given such power to sign passes for the soldiers in an entire unit
As an SSC/RC you're in charge of the welfare of the men under you. That responsibility can also be delegated to you by your superiors, even if you're a 2nd Lt.
Officer cadre no be wasa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2020
ugo4u:

As an SSC/RC you're in charge of the welfare of the men under you. That responsibility can also be delegated to you by your superiors, even if you're a 2nd Lt.

Okay.....I now understand....

I wanted to know if the position of adjutant was delegated to him since other superior officers were present in his unit....I know better now

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2020
ugo4u:

Na why I just dey reason this dssc wella. For my life I no too like responsibilities especially one that has to do with satisfying humans, though am very good with animals since they are predictable but humans have the complex dynamic temperament that swings with no predictability, on probability which can be wrong. Am a very good O'yes member in everything, I just want to enter, serve out my years with the hope I've fulfilled my dream and passion not to be in control of humans who no matter what I do you can never please them. During our interview at ssc44, I noticed that the officers used this force and sometimes angry voice to command the NCOs, like hell, don't they know that by mere talking to someone somehow thatjthey can pick offence and start planning evil for you but the officers never cared, like what gives them that morale the a junior subordinate can't hurt them. It was lt col yaradua that instigated the ousting of Gowon who is a general, that is why I loved captain abdullahi, he said he made sure his wife never direspected his soldiers for whatsoever and that is how it should be, as an officer, your life is in the hand of your soldiers and vice versa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:41am On Jul 30, 2020
explosiveskull:

Na why I just dey reason this dssc wella. For my life I no too like responsibilities especially one that has to do with satisfying humans, though am very good with animals since they are predictable but humans have the complex dynamic temperament that swings with no predictability, on probability which can be wrong. Am a very good O'yes member in everything, I just want to enter, serve out my years with the hope I've fulfilled my dream and passion not to be in control of humans who no matter what I do you can never please them. During our interview at ssc44, I noticed that the officers used this force and sometimes angry voice to command the NCOs, like hell, don't they know that by mere talking to someone somehow thatjthey can pick offence and start planning evil for you but the officers never cared, like what gives them that morale the a junior subordinate can't hurt them. It was lt col yaradua that instigated the ousting of Gowon who is a general, that is why I loved captain abdullahi, he said he made sure his wife never direspected his soldiers for whatsoever and that is how it should be, as an officer, your life is in the hand of your soldiers and vice versa.
well you know better bro.. what you know now is enough to maintain welfare for your men...don’t think about the disadvantage... imagine a time when your men would love you so much that they’d carry your matter on the head..it’s easy to be nice to people..doe leadership demands some certain kind of firmness and it’s not easy to succeed as a leader but kindness goes a long way in human relations..and a soldier only just wants to know “Oga’s got me” course 45 the captain In charge was telling us how he was left behind in battle and he thought he was going to die... and how Sargent dauda got back and asked where the captain was... took a hilux and drove back to get him.. sustaining bullet wounds..the captain was a little firm but was always mushy around dauda... I don’t know if there’s anybody that can back this story up... dauda told us a lot too...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
well you know better bro.. what you know now is enough to maintain welfare for your men...don’t think about the disadvantage... imagine a time when your men would love you so much that they’d carry your matter on the head..it’s easy to be nice to people..doe leadership demands some certain kind of firmness and it’s not easy to succeed as a leader but kindness goes a long way in human relations..and a soldier only just wants to know “Oga’s got me” course 45 the captain In charge was telling us how he was left behind in battle and he thought he was going to die... and how Sargent dauda got back and asked where the captain was... took a hilux and drove back to get him.. sustaining bullet wounds..the captain was a little firm but was always mushy around dauda... I don’t know if there’s anybody that can back this story up... dauda told us a lot too...

That story about the captain and the sergeant itself has a back story we may not know.

For a sergeant to do that for a captain..
Risk his life to safe the captain...it shows that the officer himself had done something for the sergeant we may not know. Or the officer himself leads by example.

Been unnecessarily harsh to your NCOs all the time will not bode well at all. A leader ought to be firm but fair...

And if you notice... It is always the Regular course officer that are always playing tin gods because as many have said here, they lack the maturity and discretion to handle people. They carry academy regimental style to the battlefield and this doesn't work...always seeing yourself as senior man whose orders must always be obeyed instead of understanding that your juniors are humans as well will not help matters..

Well, I may be wrong..Lading and managing people is the toughest job in the world to me

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
explosiveskull:

Its a no brainer, as a human being irrespective of the social class the society try to force on us it's left for us especially those in leadership positions to treat their fellow, human with dignity and respect and this is where maturity comes to play. The military operates something similar to a caste system, that's why in most military formations you have different toilets for officers and men, different mess etc this is a global phenomenon though this is to enforce discipline, boundaries & effective discharge of one's duty. The soldiers(NCOs) are the backbone of any military in the world while the officers are the brain of the military.
Those that undergo officer training (RC/SSC/DSSC) have this pride imbibed in them right from training, so its not surprising to see some of them exhibit some of these traits especially those that spent 5yrs in the Academy. It takes the grace of God and a humble person to calm down, even me/ you wey talk if enter after months of psyching mentality go change.
Overall, common sense, maturity matters alot because las las inside bush you go forget say you be officer when the music starts, everybody have to play his or her part efficiently to stay alive, and most of those ncos especially the old ones have experience more than you, if you too do oversabi they can allow you to Bleep up, and you might not live to tell the story or even if you survive you will have to answer serious questions from the authorities when things spoils. There are many instances where field officers constantly ask senior (ncos) under them questions for clarification, e get why

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
Is it not too early for Dssc guys to know their posting or that’s how it’s usually done?
My guy said he got armoury after they admitted him as graphics designer lol..
He said he doesn’t know the base yet and I said there’s a possibility he’d reach NE or NW..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
explosiveskull:

Bro, when you get to the system, you will understand more, soldiers altitude ehn...it is just the stand and must be maintain, if not you will serve the job you didn't bought!!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
Is it not too early for Dssc guys to know their posting or that’s how it’s usually done?
My guy said he got armoury after they admitted him as graphics designer lol..
He said he doesn’t know the base yet and I said there’s a possibility he’d reach NE or NW..
if it is armour, that is bauchi
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
I have some questions for those that are regulars at the DSSC Board interview (no offence meant cos am a regular applicant).
Has the interview always been course sensitive? As per course advertised?
Were there applicants with unadvertised course at the last and previous interviews?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2020
Prospect048:
if it is armour, that is bauchi
there are other armoured divisions in the northeast like yola and biu
but let's see sha
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by LtChisom: 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
MrSuama:
I have some questions for those that are regulars at the DSSC Board interview (no offence meant cos am a regular applicant).
Has the interview always been course sensitive? As per course advertised?
Were there applicants with unadvertised course at the last and previous interviews?
Yes bro but they may try to throw any random question at you such as current affairs, political science, even normal biology but I feel if you do well answering the question relating to your course of study, there might be no harm failing the other as they may attribute it to that you know it but forgot it cos of tension.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
ugo4u:

Its a no brainer, as a human being irrespective of the social class the society try to force on us it's left for us especially those in leadership positions to treat their fellow, human with dignity and respect and this is where maturity comes to play. The military operates something similar to a caste system, that's why in most military formations you have different toilets for officers and men, different mess etc this is a global phenomenon though this is to enforce discipline, boundaries & effective discharge of one's duty. The soldiers(NCOs) are the backbone of any military in the world while the officers are the brain of the military.
Those that undergo officer training (RC/SSC/DSSC) have this pride imbibed in them right from training, so its not surprising to see some of them exhibit some of these traits especially those that spent 5yrs in the Academy. It takes the grace of God and a humble person to calm down, even me/ you wey talk if enter after months of psyching mentality go change.
Overall, common sense, maturity matters alot because las las inside bush you go forget say you be officer when the music starts, everybody have to play his or her part efficiently to stay alive, and most of those ncos especially the old ones have experience more than you, if you too do oversabi they can allow you to Bleep up, and you might not live to tell the story or even if you survive you will have to answer serious questions from the authorities when things spoils. There are many instances where field officers constantly ask senior (ncos) under them questions for clarification, e get why

Because it is the wisest thing to do

In fact, every new lieutenant posted to the NE should pally up with the most experienced NCO under his command in order to learn the "practical" of survival and commanding troops in battle

To be honest, NDA may just teach you text book...Even the various outdoor camps can never prepare anyone for the real thing

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
Prospect048:
Bro, when you get to the system, you will understand more, soldiers altitude ehn...it is just the stand and must be maintain, if not you will serve the job you didn't bought!!

Bros no vex

Abeg, could you clarify?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
rawswag:

there are other armoured divisions in the northeast like yola and biu
but let's see sha

Bauchi first.....HQ for armour
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
ugo4u:

Wooow! Dis is very nice!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nice
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
So last last person wey dem post go there wey tell me say na there dem post am... maybe he no see where dem post am well... cos you know.. one person don sabi where dem post everybody go..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
ugo4u:

To

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
damibjs:

Told u nah Ugo4u...total package is very very OK now.....all DSSC are into support...DAT one dey...Northeast nah Northeast oo....if jungle mature well well....bross wey dey support go enter tick bush....well...can't say tooo much on the Armored tin...but its hard for me to believe.

Guy, how the thing deh go, any package for your side? Go wan reason somethings with you when I enta Abj.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Alhamdulilah, it's 12 years on a stretch I have been applying for the army.
NDA 2008_2012
SSC/DSSC 2013_2020.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
MrSuama:
NDA 2008_2012
SSC/DSSC 2013_2020.
wow!! Definitely you'll have a cause to smile this year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
MrSuama:
NDA 2008_2012
SSC/DSSC 2013_2020.
I admire your doggedness.
May Allah SWT grant you your heart desire.
Just look for connect and pray to God.
If it's meant for you, in sha Allah you'll definitely get it at the right time.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
When the list was released in 2016, I just couldn't accept not making it to the interview. I was seriously devastated, age had caught up with me having initially graduated at a very young age.
One evening after I finished teaching some children lesson (side hustle) their father paid me and guess what? That night I boarded a car to Jos, since I couldn't get a car to Abuja, from Jos, I boarded another car to Akwanga, from Akwanga I got another car to Abuja all in one night with the hope of seeing Buratai's wife at NAOWA headquarters.
Upon arriving Abuja at about past midnight, I boarded a cab to NAOWA headquarters with the hope of sleeping in the open air and probably seeing her when she arrives in the morning.
A soldier confronted me and asked about my mission at that time of the night. After narrating my ordeal, he said " so you want her to remove somebody's name and put your own Abi" I felt so bad and left. I trekked almost 3 to 4 km from NAOWA headquarters till I got to a bridge, I sighted a mosque, rested for some hours, prayed my Fajr prayer and soon I was on my way back to Bauchi. The passion for the army just burnt my hard earned ₦10000 lesson money.
In 2018, I wrote two letters, one to chief of army staff and the other to chief of defence staff hoping a miracle will happen but Ina. I even almost gatecrashed Serti but since my course was not advertised I felt my chances were low.
It's 2020, and guess what, am giving it another shot because the worst I can do is to give up on God. Indeed Victory is From God Alone.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
ugo4u:

wow!! Definitely you'll have a cause to smile this year.
Chan sir, senior man. Looking up to your courage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
MrSuama:
When the list was released in 2016, I just couldn't accept not making it to the interview. I was seriously devastated, age had caught up with me having initially graduated at a very young age.
One evening after I finished teaching some children lesson (side hustle) their father paid me and guess what? That night I boarded a car to Jos, since I couldn't get a car to Abuja, from Jos, I boarded another car to Akwanga, from Akwanga I got another car to Abuja all in one night with the hope of seeing Buratai's wife at NAOWA headquarters.
Upon arriving Abuja at about past midnight, I boarded a cab to NAOWA headquarters with the hope of sleeping in the open air and probably seeing her when she arrives in the morning.
A soldier confronted me and asked about my mission at that time of the night. After narrating my ordeal, he said " so you want her to remove somebody's name and put your own Abi" I felt so bad and left. I trekked almost 3 to 4 km from NAOWA headquarters till I got to a bridge, I sighted a mosque, rested for some hours, prayed my Fajr prayer and soon I was on my way back to Bauchi. The passion for the army just burnt my hard earned ₦10000 lesson money.
In 2018, I wrote two letters, one to chief of army staff and the other to chief of defence staff hoping a miracle will happen but Ina. I even almost gatecrashed Serti but since my course was not advertised I felt my chances were low.
It's 2020, and guess what, am giving it another shot because the worst I can do is to give up on God. Indeed Victory is From God Alone.
May Allah grant you what's best for you..
He knows best, n I pray we make it this year

Victory is from God alone
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
jelraj:

May Allah grant you what's best for you..
He knows best, n I pray we make it this year

Victory is from God alone
Amin.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (969) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.