Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,891 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

Lodge Your Complaints Here - Islam for Muslims (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lodge Your Complaints Here (29323 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Go Down)

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba12345: 1:43am On Jul 04, 2013
I can't create a post with my username tbaba1234
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
tbaba12345: I can't create a post with my username tbaba1234

unbanned.

what is the post that got you banned?
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Threads for reverts thread
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tpia5: 3:10am On Jul 07, 2013
was there a need for this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1343040/operation-moving-train

when there's already a complaint one and a report to moderator button?

try to avoid appearing belligerent, malicious and vindictive.

just saying.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 7:01am On Jul 07, 2013
tpia@:
was there a need for this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1343040/operation-moving-train

when there's already a complaint one and a report to moderator button?

try to avoid appearing belligerent, malicious and vindictive.

just saying.

Your concerns are noted but yes it was needed.

2 Likes

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by ChristKid1: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Is my ban over?
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by ShiaLagos: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
dear mod,

please restore the below thread on the Christian terrorist attack against a mosque in the UK.thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1357801/tipton-mosque-blast-terrorist-attack
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by AbdH: 6:59am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by ShiaLagos: 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
salam mods,

please unhide my pose in the below thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/211753/sufism-islam-share-opinions-us/1#up
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
BetaThings:

Salaam

Tbaba is referring us to some other threads on the same topic of tafsir
It is tedious going back and forth (of course that is inexcusable laziness given that another person typed out all of that). I prefer to read all the materials on one thread. This thread is already a word/pdf doc for me BTW.
Can we not just put everything together on one thread and make it sticky even if only for this Ramadan period
Although looking at some of the stuff that typically appear on the main page, personally I believe that a good thread on the Qur'an (our best companion) should be PERMANENTLY sticky

Wa alaykum salam.

I think you made this comment because only tbaba has been posting there.

The thread is for as many people as iare interested in posting. But the other thread doesn't allow that. It appears more like a narrative from him that we can ask questions /comments on only.

To go back and forth wouldnt be necessary since the link to the thread is already provided. Every interested person can always go to it and not have to come back yo the Ramadan tsfsir thread for completion. I agree it may not be easy for him either.

Making the thread sticky isn't a problem in sha Allah.

I am modifying this comment for the second time. There is a possibility that I dont perfectly understand what you want. Please correct me in case..

I can see that there is more than a thread on Qur'an and not all can be made sticky. Are we asking that tbaba puts the ones he's written all in one and thereafter make it sticky?

The Ramadan tafsir thread can then continue(without him copying from the previous threads) and hopefully achieve its aim.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by BetaThings: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
deols:

Wa alaykum salam.

I think you made this comment because only tbaba has been posting there.

The thread is for as many people as iare interested in posting. But the other thread doesn't allow that. It appears more like a narrative from him that we can ask questions /comments on only.

I agree that it runs like a narrative. But he has not updated the two threads with new info for a while. He is just opening new ones. But the messages are timeless.

We can consolidate both threads. And the thread can accommodate posts by others especially if we all make efforts to ask questions, offer suggestions etc

And in the opening page/intro, he can insert an index
eg "A Journey through" starts on this page and "Amazing Qur'an" starts on page 3 further down and other commentaries start on page 7

deols:
Making the thread sticky isn't a problem in sha Allah.

Great
May Allah make it easy

deols:
I am modifying this comment for the second time. There is a possibility that I dont perfectly understand what you want. Please correct me in case..

I can see that there is more than a thread on Qur'an and not all can be made sticky. Are we asking that tbaba puts the ones he's written all in one and thereafter make it sticky?

Actually that is what I am recommending. Tbaba has been opening more threads than anyone else on tafsir
Consolidation of his posts will achieve greater benefits : we would have a strong thread on the Qur'an (this is critical for us all); more people will see it and learn from it; it will draw more comments and questions

It would put Tbaba through a lot of extra work. If he can do it, I think it would be more beneficial to us all

deols:
The Ramadan tafsir thread can then continue(without him copying from the previous threads) and hopefully achieve its aim.
I like the thread and it has a good focus. But it should be added to the main thread after Ramadan so that it does not disappear into the inside pages
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
May Allah forgive me. I have been very lazy with updating threads, I leave many half way.

I think many people get discouraged/bored reading long threads (at least I know I do sometimes), even if there is benefit that is why I break them up into individual threads.

I can't write up any new thing until after Ramadan because of time constraints.

In sha Allah, i will look at beta things suggestion.

Assalamu aleikum.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
^^
wa alaykum salam
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Why lock the "Jesus or Muhammad [as]" thread? If you moderators don't allow a discuss to come to its natural conclusion, it may seem as if you have nothing to hide.

In Islam, the enemies increase their attacks in ramadhan, launching wars and Badr is a very clear example without pointing to contemporary times.

Muslims at the same time have increase energy and this case on nairaland, only more researches and typing.

I completely disagree with the cop-out mindset being displayed because maybe somebody stumble on the thread and realizes Islam is the best and take shahadah.

Adults sould be treated like adults able to resolve conflicts without the school yard brawling or play pen sullenness.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
^Your points are noted but you missed some salient points. The creator of the thread did not create the thread to have an exchange of ideas- he created it to denigrate the Prophethood of Muhammad (SAW), that by itself was enough to hide the thread at the beginning. My allowing it was a borderline decision.

Secondly, on both sides virtually all points to be raised have been raised. What is left for that thread is to start exchanging insults and causing offence which was already happening- that thread can never have a "logical conclusion" because its starter does not seek one.

Thirdly, read the introduction to this section- its aim is primarily for we Muslims to interact with each other and share our faith, Islam- not to engage non-Muslims in never-ending arguments. You might get more insight on this here https://www.nairaland.com/1343040/operation-moving-train

Thank you.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by vedaxcool(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1367634/muslims-britain-top-charity-givers

Please could this be considered for frontpage. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by siddiq202(m): 12:08am On Aug 04, 2013
Salam
Loads of thread attacking the personality of Senator Yerima made front page on the issue of early marriage. It would be fair if some of his replies too could make FP. Thanks

www.nairaland.com/1377918/senator-yerimah-clears-air-issue#1377918.7
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by AbdH: 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
Assalamu alaykum mods. Please do you mind removing 'igbo' from the title of this thread? It is unnecessary and I want to admit that I loathe seeing the anger in the politics section transferred here, thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/1383705/it-wrong-play-politics-religion#17212078
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
Salam.
I want to lodge a complaint.
I wanted to ask the date for eid in that thread deols started for asking questions but the thread was nowhere to be found. Was it hidden or deleted? I hope not cos that thread was quite useful.
Anyway kindly inform me of the projected date for sallah if you can.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by siddiq202(m): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
^eid is thursday if the moon is sighted on wednesday, If not eid would be friday.

1 Like

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 4:17am On Aug 06, 2013
E_monkey: Salam.
I want to lodge a complaint.
I wanted to ask the date for eid in that thread deols started for asking questions but the thread was nowhere to be found. Was it hidden or deleted? I hope not cos that thread was quite useful.
Anyway kindly inform me of the projected date for sallah if you can.

The thread was unstickied. You have your answer above.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by AbdH: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1388610/eid-mubarak/2#17301084
Welcome back from the eid prayer mods, have you seen this? The thread needs a clean up. Thanks.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by debosky(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Why is Maclatunji overreaching his powers by attempting to moderate other sections by proxy? I think he should restrict his moderation to w
The area he has been appointed to - outside this section he should realise he is no different from other forum members and behave accordingly.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
That issue doesnt belong here.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
deols: That issue doesnt belong here.

You think? Kindly indulge us.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
debosky: Why is Maclatunji overreaching his powers by attempting to moderate other sections by proxy? I think he should restrict his moderation to w
The area he has been appointed to - outside this section he should realise he is no different from other forum members and behave accordingly.

I actually have such powers. Before this Religion section brouhaha, Seun expanded my duties to include monitoring posts that are offensive to Islam/Muslims in all sections of Nairaland. I am to report to moderators of the relevant section and they must act or risk being sanctioned.

So, you see I wasn't overreaching my powers.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2013
^Your profile name is offensive and should not be allowed anywhere near this section.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28)

Sex Was Created For Three Basic Purposes / Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims / Ruling On Dyeing Hair And Beard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.