Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,712 members, 7,938,165 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi (18426 Views)

Senate Reduces 2016 Budget By N17bn / Response To The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by montezz(f): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Domnick:
u guys are here saying what ever comes out of ur mouth but u don't really know what the money is being used for so just stop criticizing. Because the might be used to better your life. Get full detail of what the money will be used for before you make your useless comments
With people like you in nigeria,i bet we won't move an inch forward. No one should criticize such 'crazy bugdet?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Luckylife(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Who hand pick the so call sycophants cables ? You guess is as right as mine except. Zombies guess
frankyychiji:
Blame it on the cabal surrounding Buhari - TonyeBacarnista grin

1 Like

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by SamJed(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Zombies where are you....u won't come out now o....omenka ngeneukwenu sameer....all apc fans come o... Stop peeping... Tonyebarcanista mynd44
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Pinnacle(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
Seriously, I don't get it when people pick up their pen (sorry, computer keyboard) and type a lot of epistle criticizing amount budget for each of these ministries. There are several reasons behind these budget which cannot be understood for somebody using emotion to type. Let me break it down for the OP.

There are ministries that only 'consume' money; they don't 'generate' money as such. Good examples are Agric and Defence. I am not saying you don't need a lot of money to fund Agriculture but if you look at it objectively, you need more to fund defence. (A bag of fertilizer is not as expensive as an AK47). So if a govt budget more for defence, it is because the millitary hardware and operations are very expensive (you can ask countries that are involved in wars in other countries such as US and Russia, they will tell you).

The sad part of the above is that Agric will bring physical revenue for the country while defence will not.

2 Likes

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
The problem with Nigeria is mainly followership(sycophancy). Where the followers do not see anything wrong with those they follow or support.
This is a govt that promised to bring about good change but so far doing the opposite.
The only positves so far is the anti-graft war, though one sided and anti-insurgency.
In terms of development and people oriented policies, there is nothing to show a way forward.
Those vocal activist that was quick to express their opinion during the last admin has gone silent. Why are the silent? Are they dead?
Imagine the APC members in the National Assembly praising this 2016 budget to high heaven when it is reading ERROR, ERROR, ERROR. When will these people be objective for once and stand by their promise of bringing good change to this nation?
God please help this nation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Emmafrancis: 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
Image123:
So many lies in one page,why? Opposition should be truthful and credible please. Blatant lies are not sustainable.
Point out the lies please or forever remain silent
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by SamJed(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Pinnacle:

Seriously, I don't get it when people pick up their pen (sorry, computer keyboard) and type a lot of epistle criticizing amount budget for each of these ministries. There are several reasons behind these budget which cannot be understood for somebody using emotion to type. Let me break it down for the OP.

There are ministries that only 'consume' money; they don't 'generate' money as such. Good examples are Agric and Defence. I am not saying you don't need a lot of money to fund Agriculture but if you look at it objectively, you need more to fund defence. (A bag of fertilizer is not as expensive as an AK47). So if a govt budget more for defence, it is because the millitary hardware and operations are very expensive (you can ask countries that are involved in wars in other countries such as US and Russia, they will tell you).

The sad part of the above is that Agric will bring physical revenue for the country while defence will not.

did u say something like this during GEJ's timeno offence

2 Likes

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
justurch:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/01/the-deceptions-in-2016-budget/

The most sincere Nigerian alive is Buhari. Anybody complaining is either PDP or Igbo. these people can never be satisfied as long as it concerned Buhari.

I LOVE BUHARI FOR ONE THING. HE DOESN'T LISTEN TO PHONY CRITICS AND HE DOES NOT FEAR ANY BIG HEADS.

1 Like

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by VISTIN(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
My friend told me Buhari is out to fix the North. I don't know how true it is.

But if I look @ who head these sectors or ministries where these strange Billions are voted, you'll be like, that's true.

This is not wailing, it's the fact.

1 Like

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by justurch(m): 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
babayinka77:

I don't know why people wont allow the president run this country his way. He wrote the budget and has appropriated monies to ministries d way he deemed relevant. Security is very key to this nation and we can't allow to loose the territories we gained from BH again. Besides, everything allocated to security is not even up to what was budgeted by d past regime. Let's pray that the budget works the miracle positively.

what's ur highest level of education?

5 Likes

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by justurch(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
theshield:

The most sincere Nigerian alive is Buhari. Anybody complaining is either PDP or Igbo. these people can never be satisfied as long as it concerned Buhari.

I LOVE BUHARI FOR ONE THING. HE DOESN'T LISTEN TO PHONY CRITICS AND HE DOES NOT FEAR ANY BIG HEADS.

note: u can be sincerely wrong, no man is an island, APC or PMB doesn't have all the knowledge required to rule this country, sometimes ur SUPPOSED "enemies" r the ones that show u when u r about to fall into a ditch

2 Likes

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Luckylife(m): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
tigermanneed:
A man went into a restaurant and a group of people followed him begging for help say we have not eating for days now, and the man practically ignored, he move straight into the restaurant and immediately he ordered for chicken, two plate of rice, pepper soup, stock fish, cart fish and two bottles of orijin, after eating to his satisfaction he ask for his bill and they said N4950 he brought out N5000 and his balance is N50 at once he look toward the hungry and staved looking people follow him begging him for help, ask the attendant please you can give them the CHANGE. CHANGE NA CHANGE
wow! Lol! grin do u just described apc government, best description so far.

1 Like

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
justurch:

note: u can be sincerely wrong, no man is an island, APC or PMB doesn't have all the knowledge required to rule this country, sometimes ur SUPPOSED "enemies" r the ones that show u when u r about to fall into a ditch

you are right brother but not exactly how those guys i mentioned look at it............... Their aim is to send wrong signal that can crash the country not to correct errors.
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Luckylife(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
Luckylife:
Government of change indeed! This is broad day robbery by few macroscopic elements and someone zombies will still not see the hand writing in the wall. The word change must be defined?
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by chronique(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
Using this your analytical template,kindly help us with an analysis of why the ministry of information is gulping more funds than the ministry of agriculture,and also help us understand why the presidency wwill spend 1.75bn on feeding in one year. Thank you. Take note of the fact that 2016 is not an election year and as such,nobody can tell us that we are expecting foreign heads of states to visit the president to congratulate him on his electoral victory.
Pinnacle:

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by ewosk: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
hamingra:

try this:

"With over N732.79 billion to these all important Ministries and Departments that deal with our security, can President Buhari explain to Nigerians what his National Security Adviser would be doing with additional N57.7 billion? This National Security Adviser allocation is an amount that is higher than the funds allocated to the Ministries of Transportation, Water Resources, Works, Power and Housing put together! Haba!"

did OP even look at the above?

45bn for INEC ( 2016 or 2017 sef aint general elections l

modified:

indeed the writer got his/her figures wrong....just verified now but i did discoverd more laughable facts about the budget @BudgITng
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by onatisi(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
TippyTop:

Dis boy get mouth sha lol!
grin

I am saying the truth,they are going to borrow 2 trillion and I am definitely sure by August of September they will borrow more . Next year they will borrow more than this year budget.by the time they borrow 15 trillion in 4 years ,they will just put for sale on Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by onatisi(m): 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
theshield:

Please bros are u okay? Take some tranquilizers and try to get some rest. You need to rest your brains they are overheating.
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Palantir: 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
hamingra:

try this:

"With over N732.79 billion to these all important Ministries and Departments that deal with our security, can President Buhari explain to Nigerians what his National Security Adviser would be doing with additional N57.7 billion? This National Security Adviser allocation is an amount that is higher than the funds allocated to the Ministries of Transportation, Water Resources, Works, Power and Housing put together! Haba!"

did OP even look at the above?
I see. This truly is a lie. Fashola has over 400b budgeted for his ministry

But did YOU see these bits?
ewosk:

SO IN YOUR OPINION IT IS OK TO BUDGET FOR THE ONSA = N57.7BN
WHILE
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT 13.7bn
MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES 7.2bn
MINISTRY OF TRADE/INDUSTRY 10.5bn
MINISTRY OF LABOUR 9.5b
total 40.9bn for the above ministries
while
57.7bn for ONSA
45bn for INEC ( 2016 or 2017 sef aint general elections year o)
39.1bn for Ministry of information....
IF the above is not misapplication and lack of vision to implement positive change....then wat is?

Boxer in Animal Farm would always say "Napoleon is always right". He kept saying that right until he was worked to death and Napoleon sold his carcass to the glue makers for a crate of whiskey
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by plaetton: 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
Anyone still in doubt about what Buhari's govt stands for is not just a zombie but imbecilic zombie.

Never have we had this level of fraud, deception, propaganda, evil and nepotism in Nigeria.

Like I posted yesterday, this is the most fraudulent budget proposal in Nigeria's history, short on vision, Prudence and sound economics.

It is entirely based on VOODOO ECONOMICS.

Perhaps the N59b budgeted for special duties is for VOODOO priests, prayer warriors and marabout's, as well as for special VOODOO sacrifices to help oil prices rise above their $38 budget benchmark.

To think that this complete fraud of a budget is coming from a new government of a former opposition party, from Mr. Simple, Mr. frugality is shocking , to say the least.

For anyone who cannot see, this budget is an ELECTION
EXPENSES RECOVERY and SETTLEMENT budget.

It is a My-Turn-To-Shine budget for our new swarm of locusts in power.
Pure and simple.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by ewosk: 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
Palantir:

I see. This truly is a lie. Fashola has over 400b budgeted for his ministry

But did YOU see these bits?

Boxer in Animal Farm would always say "Napoleon is always right". He kept saying that right until he was worked to death and Napoleon sold his carcass to the glue makers for a crate of whiskey

i concur Ministry of Works do have a pretty okay sum in the budget...

But that do not still exonerate the budget as a gross misapplication of Nigeria fund

haba 45bn for inec kilode
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
onatisi:

Please bros are u okay? Take some tranquilizers and try to get some rest. You need to rest your brains they are overheating.

oga which of the category you belong? Igbo or PDP............. i can bet is either 1/2 or 2/2.

1 Like

Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by tempest01(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
We are going to borrow and tax ourselves to finance this!! So much for change!

With all these unnecessary amounts being budgeted, why wont Someone in charge steal?
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
babayinka77:

I don't know why people wont allow the president run this country his way. He wrote the budget and has appropriated monies to ministries d way he deemed relevant. Security is very key to this nation and we can't allow to loose the territories we gained from BH again. Besides, everything allocated to security is not even up to what was budgeted by d past regime. Let's pray that the budget works the miracle positively.

Another zombie spotted...
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by onatisi(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
theshield:

oga which of the category you belong? Igbo or PDP............. i can bet is either 1/2 or 2/2.
so according to your reasoning,only pdp members or igbo criticize buhari and this government?
I will not pass judgement on your reasoning but allow others to do it.
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Genea(f): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
A scamming govt and an idiot president wit fools as followers..
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by free13: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hmm.... shocked
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Tochaigh: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
I couldn't close my mouth after reading this. Omg! Ah! Ikunle o. Aru!! Abomination!
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by jmslimx(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
wrongsec
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Remzy1992: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
D 2016 budget has clearly proven to Nigerian's dat diz govt is capable of paying atleast 10k every month to d Unemployment,aged and deformed but it appears d aforementioned is far from their parochial envisage , God bless Nigeria but most importantly 'GOD HELP NIGERIA '☝
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by Remzy1992: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Remzy1992:
D 2016 budget has clearly proven to Nigerian's dat diz govt is capable of paying atleast 10k every month to d Unemployment,aged and deformed but it appears d aforementioned is far from their parochial envisage , God bless Nigeria but most importantly 'GOD HELP NIGERIA '☝
Re: The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi by seunajia: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
First off, whoever wrote this has a penchant for telling falsehood. The budget is out there for everyone to assess. Like your Bible, read it yourself.

IN an administration fighting against corruption, that is in need of diversification, President Muhammadu Buhari has presented a budget that would appropriate N29.7 billion to his Ministry of Agriculture in comparison to N115 billion to a “do nothing” National Assembly. Even when you add the planned appropriation for the Universal Basic Education (N77.1 billion) together with the Ministry of Agriculture (N29.1billion), the National Assembly still gulps about N15 billion more than them. What a priority!

How can anyone blame Buhari for the budget of the National assembly? See the proposed budget for the ministry of Agriculture below.

Nigeria is in need of security no doubt. But this ought not to be an excuse for duplication. President Buhari budgeted N294.5 billion for the Ministry of Defence. The Ministry of Interior also has a lot to do with the security of the country and has a budget of N145.2 billion. We also have the Nigeria Police Formation and Command budget at N283.09 billion. Then there is tucked somewhere in the budget something called Operation Lafiya Dole to cost Nigerian Tax Payers N10 billion. “Lafiya Dole” is an Hausa Language expression that means “Compulsory Peace” or “Peace by Force.” If you add up the four, it gives you N732.79 billion.

With over N732.79 billion to these all important Ministries and Departments that deal with our security, can President Buhari explain to Nigerians what his National Security Adviser would be doing with additional N57.7 billion? This National Security Adviser allocation is an amount that is higher than the funds allocated to the Ministries of Transportation, Water Resources, Works, Power and Housing put together! Haba!

I won't be assed to look at all the ministries mentioned, it is your country's budget, don't be told.

Let us take the Ministry of Agric for example. It is not true that the budget of the ministry is N29.1billion. Even their recurrent expenditure is not N29.1billion!

Here is how it was broken down:

Total personnel :28,052,924,408
Total overhead: 1,699,622,233
Total recurrent: 29,752,546,641
Total capital: 47,001,125,634
Gross allocation: 76,753,672,275

Here is a link to the budget of the ministry http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016pro/AGRICULTURE.pdf

Further, the Ministries of Defence and Interior are two separate entities. Only an illiterate will muddle them up. I have cause to believe this person is one. The ministry of interior consist of Immigrations, Prisons, Fire service, Civil defence, etc., and thus their budgets too. While the ministry of defence includes the Army, Airforce, Navy, NDA, NATCOM, DIA, etc., and the budgets for these components are under the MOD as well.

Here is the breakdown of the budget for the ministry of Interior.

Total personnel: 414,230,419,009
Total overhead: 14,143,588,232
Total recurrent: 428,374,007,241
Total capital: 70,079,090,000
Gross allocation: 498,453,097,241

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016pro/INTERIOR%202.pdf

President Buhari promised to create employment for Nigerian youths. But he budgeted only N7.8 billion for the Ministry of Labour and Employment. He also budgeted N9.5 billion for the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development, a sector that could easily generate high employment if properly funded and managed. Science and Technology Ministry received only N25.8 billion. Also remember that the Ministries of Transportation and Water Resources received N13.7 billion and N7.2 billion respectively.

Total personnel: 6,997,734,425
Total overhead: 819,855,490
Total recurrent: 7,817,589,915
Total capital: 5,580,000,000
Gross allocation: 13,397,589,915

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016pro/LABOUR%20AND%20EMPLOYMENT.pdf

justurch:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/01/the-deceptions-in-2016-budget/

Yada yada yada.

[size=14pt]Why all the lies!!![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue / Adams Oshiomhole: Obasanjo Travelled More Than Buhari / Peter Obi Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.