Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,261 members, 7,947,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:44 PM

S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. (1467 Views)

BREAKING: Donald Trump Has Won South Carolina’s Republican Primary / President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' / Lost Lagoon: The Trail Of Destiny Walkthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by DrDWelz(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
Far from the Appalachian Trail, Gov Sanford was on a personal and, dare I say, romantic trip to Argentina. The whole story is quite bizarre. “Ultra conservative governor abandons State and family to elope with Argentinean mistress.” Even tabloids would find it difficult to cook up such a story.

What was he thinking? Seriously. I know it is much easy for me to sit on my high horse and point accusatory fingers, but I sure can’t pass up this temptation. Is it unreasonable for me to expect more thoughtful, more reflective and less impulsive behavior from such a figure of authority?
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by bawomolo(m): 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2009
wow within a matter of  2 weeks, a republican senator and then a republic governor.

This guy chased kitten to argentina!!!!!! God dayum

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_sc_governor_where

it's funny both of them were all screaming for the impeachment of Clinton.

hmmmmm
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by bawomolo(m): 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2009
lol, his wife already kicked him out of the house

I hope Tayo-D has a room to spare for a fallen comrade cheesy
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2009
bawomolo:

lol, his wife already kicked him out of the house

I hope Tayo-D has a room to spare for a fallen comrade cheesy
Omo, all the available space has been taken up by Democrats.  However, I have kept one room unoccupied pending when Hillary will finally send Bill packing.  grin

But wait a minute, why is this always happening to male politicians? Are the female ones above this?
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by bawomolo(m): 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2009
women are better at hiding their dirt.

Did this guy think he could hide trips to Argentina in the information age.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2009
women are better at hiding their dirt.
Or maybe not many female politicians are good looking and can't get some even if they go looking. Of course Palin is an exception.

Did this guy think he could hide trips to Argentina in the information age.
The guy needs a mental check up to confirm if he is balanced upstairs. He is either disillusioned or was ready to come out boldly while damning the consequences.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by Hauwa1: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2009
MEN!!! just flash your c**t, they will fall and fail undecided

i just wonder why CNN is not airing the more intimate email where the big man was describing her anatomy grin

shame on him! with a beautiful wife by his side, he still fell for Maria tongue
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by toshmann(m): 4:29am On Jun 25, 2009
abeg make una leave the man jare grin , who no like better thing cheesy

he who is without sin should cast the first stone cool

the person wey them catch, na im be thief grin
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by preselect(m): 4:46am On Jun 25, 2009
he he he he he he he heeeee
holy republican party of god grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

how are the mighty fallen?
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by preselect(m): 4:55am On Jun 25, 2009
apology my foot.
this slowpoke voted to impeach clinton,

he asked the republican speaker-elect of the house of representatives (bob livinstone) to resign from being speaker (even when he was yet to be sworn into office)

he wanted craig 9the republican legislator who was caught in an airport toilet with his male prostitute) to resign his seat in congress

now it's his turn and he wants to resign from chairman of republican governors association shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked he should resign from being gov of SC ASAP angry .

Imagine the fool refused stimulus money that would benefit poor south carolinians and yet he found money to ravage a woman that has married in argentina? how hypocritical. infact this is wickedness.

he should go, and go ASAP
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by savanaha: 5:11am On Jun 25, 2009
Wasn't the republican Senator of Nevada (John Ensing) also in to some extramarital mess last week? This week it's S.C next week it will be Ohio or the annoying twitterer of Iowa. Haha. They are so good at calling other people out when their own insides is only filth. I found it funny how the same people that wanted Clinton impeached and calls democrats people of no morals, are caught with undercover male prostitutes in toilets and extramarital affairs. I wonder if Faux News will inform its viewers that this governor of SC left for Argentina on fathers day without telling anyone where he was going? I wonder if they will find out whether this man used "taxpayers" money which is always important to Faux news? It was important to mention tax payers money when Obama ate out with his wife and went to France. So it is taxpayers money with the many leaves his post of duty without a temporary replacement to go get some from  "a dear friend" woman in Argentina with whom he was cheating with.

For those that say people without sin should cast the first stone. This is a case where its people with sin (Republican party) walk around with huge rocks and boulders looking for any chance to pelt or drop it at someone. It would not be so easy to cast a stone at someone who is always willing to throw one even when they are doing the same thing.

PS. Initially this man said he left on Fathers day cause his kids were making it hard to concentrate on a book he was write. I guess the title of the book for this 2012 presidential hopeful should be "How to Pull the Republican Version of Elliot Spitzer" We know how Republicans like to start fire abroad. I should have doused it before coming home
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by tpiah: 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2009
Tayo-D:

But wait a minute, why is this always happening to male politicians? Are the female ones above this?

let the facts speak for themselves.

In other words, yes or at least they cover their tracks better

Its quite stupid to throw away your career for some flight of fancy, imo.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by Hauwa1: 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2009
@ toshmann

are you saying his woman (who gave him 4 sons) is not better thing?
a whole beautiful woman in her own right

a whole millionairess kabadaya fa!

chances are Maria is short and stocky with nice black hair . . nothing else to write home as far as beauty is concern. chances are she got kid (s)

i don't know why what's between our legs is leading men astray (afterall same thing your lady got too)

toshmann:

abeg make una leave the man jare grin , who no like better thing cheesy

he who is without sin should cast the first stone cool

the person wey them catch, na im be thief grin
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by RichyBlacK(m): 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2009
Shameless Republican hypocrite!

Like all conservative morons, they want to tell us how to live our lives but go behind the scene to do ALL the things the preach/talk against. Liars!

Republicans are the biggest problem America is facing today. grin
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by RichyBlacK(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2009
bawomolo:

wow within a matter of  2 weeks, a republican senator and then a republic governor.

This guy chased kitten to argentina!!!!!! God dayum

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_sc_governor_where

it's funny both of them were all screaming for the impeachment of Clinton.

hmmmmm

They're very lucky. In my world, all Republicans will serve time for being Republicans. grin
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2009
@Richy,

Shameless Republican hypocrite!
I do not understand what I do; for I don't do what I would like to do, but instead I do what I hate. - Apostle Paul.

Hypocrisy is good. It is a testament to the fact that someone has fallen short of the ideal they hold dear. That the liberals are now criticising the guy only shows that they agree that his stance is right, even though he fell short of it.

Tell me Richy, would you condemn the person who believes stealing is wrong but is caught stealing as much as you would condemn the person who believes in stealing and practices it?
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2009
RichyBlacK:

They're very lucky. In my world, all Republicans will serve time for being Republicans. grin
Fair point. And if I have my way, I will consign all liberals to Yaba Left! It takes a mind that is completely removed from common sense to become liberal. cheesy
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by tpiah: 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2009
breaking news:

the man's wife threw him out of the house two weeks ago, over the affair.

So I guess he was disoriented, confused and unhappy but will that get him out of trouble? Lets wait and see.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by savanaha: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
A news website said she found about it 5 months ago.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by bawomolo(m): 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2009
savanaha:

A news website said she found about it 5 months ago.

she did.

the idiot said he has been crying for the past 5 days.

baba nla oniro.

big time liar

hurray to latina kitten.

the man like better thing jare
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2009
@RichyBlack,

Like all conservative morons, they want to tell us how to live our lives but go behind the scene to do ALL the things the preach/talk against. Liars!
Hasn't the good governor proven you guys wrong now. He just jettisoned the notion that the Republicans are a party of NO! he does not know how to say it!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by RichyBlacK(m): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Richy,
I do not understand what I do; for I don't do what I would like to do, but instead I do what I hate. - Apostle Paul.

Hypocrisy is good. It is a testament to the fact that someone has fallen short of the ideal they hold dear. That the liberals are now criticising the guy only shows that they agree that his stance is right, even though he fell short of it.

Tell me Richy, would you condemn the person who believes stealing is wrong but is caught stealing as much as you would condemn the person who believes in stealing and practices it?

Though the logic seems twisted, but if carefully untangled, it makes a lot of sense. grin

We usually don't agree on things, but I agree with you on this one!

The problem with these Republican politicians is that they not only condemn stealing (going along with your analogy) they're very very mean to others caught stealing. If they realize that someday it could be them or their son/daughter in the docket, surely they wouldn't be so inconsiderate when others are caught stealing.

Stealing is bad and must be condemned, but don't chop of the hands of someone caught. The much talked about "compassion" comes in handy, thanks to Obama and liberals. Conservatives have zero sense of the term "compassion"!
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by bawomolo(m): 10:09pm On Jun 25, 2009
tayo-d - why were you sharing toasting lines with our Governor?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKnHvj4_qA&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 25, 2009
@Richy,

Though the logic seems twisted, but if carefully untangled, it makes a lot of sense.

We usually don't agree on things, but I agree with you on this one!
Oh my God.  What is happening to me? Me and Richy on the same page? Rush Limbaugh will not like this at all at all!! grin grin grin

The problem with these Republican politicians is that they not only condemn stealing (going along with your analogy) they're very very mean to others caught stealing. If they realize that someday it could be them or their son/daughter in the docket, surely they wouldn't be so inconsiderate when others are caught stealing.

Stealing is bad and must be condemned, but don't chop of the hands of someone caught. The much talked about "compassion" comes in handy, thanks to Obama and liberals. Conservatives have zero sense of the term "compassion"!
I do not agree with your conclusion that Republicans are the mean ones. Remeber what Palin? Though conservatives do not promote premarital sex, they were the ones who forgave Palin and even stood by her when her daughter fell short of the moral ideal. It was liberals that wanted to destroy her and are still doing same today.  Can you imagine a whole John Kerry saying she wished it was palin that dissapeared and not Mark Sanford? How mean can you get.

Granted Mark called for the impeachment of Bill Clinton, but we have to rememeber that it was not for adultery but for perjury.  This are two different things, I believe.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by davidif: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2009
o ma se o.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by bawomolo(m): 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2009
leave hauwa alone. she is just jealous of our playa playa
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by DrDWelz(m): 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Richy,

Hypocrisy is good. It is a testament to the fact that someone has fallen short of the ideal they hold dear.

One of the major problems with these Republicans leaders is hypocrisy. And hypocrisy is NOT good; it is insincere, dishonest and many times outright fraudulent. Going along with the stealing analogy. There are (A) those who would NOT consider stealing wrong and steal (B) those who believe stealing is wrong and do not steal (C) those who believe stealing to wrong but make mistakes here and there falling for the temptation. They have two options (C1) they cover up and pretend they are B or (C2) they are transparent about being C.

Hypocrites are C1, but unfortunately for them, they can only cover-up for so long until they get caught and exposed. I will also agree with the sentiment that many of these ultra conservative folks are very judgemental, quick to point the accusatory finger and slow to introspection. It is obviously alright to point out the ills and wrongs in other peoples actions, but when one paints them as absolutely abominable and as completely beneath them; it makes life a hell lot harder in the event that one falls.

Tayo-D:

Granted Mark called for the impeachment of Bill Clinton, but we have to rememeber that it was not for adultery but for perjury.  This are two different things, I believe.

Tayo D. Gov Sanford's cheating on his wife is but one of his crimes. He temporarily and recklessly abandoned his state, abrogated his responsibility, intentionally misled his own staff let alone all S. Carolina residents,  I should stop listing.

I do recognize he has owned up and acknowledged his mistakes. But we should not confuse his actions for courage like some conservative pundits are claiming. This man was caught with his hand in the cookie jar; he had no other option but to come clean. You would not mistaken the fighting back of a rat caught in a corner for courage, would you? Its desperation.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 12:30am On Jun 26, 2009
@Dr D-Welz,

So you think Clinton should be justified for adultery because he does not condemn its practice or because he does not hold others to such high standards? Think about what you are saying for a moment!

So we should all not condemn evil because we are susceptible to doing evil?
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by DrDWelz(m): 1:01am On Jun 26, 2009
Tayo-D:

So you think Clinton should be justified for adultery because he does not condemn its practice or because he does not hold others to such high standards? Think about what you are saying for a moment!

So we should all not condemn evil because we are susceptible to doing evil?

None of the thoughts in your statement originate from me. Intentionally or not, you are miscontruing my ideas. I did not attempt to justify Clinton nor adultery. I was just proferring an alternative path for the ultra conservatives. Of course, we should encourage high standards and call out evil and wrongs. However, we should also realize the inherent evil in pretense and hypocrisy.
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by TayoD1(m): 3:59am On Jun 26, 2009
@Dr D-Welz,

If you agree with encouraging high standard and call out evil and wrongs, what then is your problem with Gov Sanford? He also stood for encouraging high standards and calling out evil and wrongs. He called out same when he fell short of the standard.

You only call him a hypocrite because he fell short of that same standard. Do you then suppose that only perfect people should articulate those standards?
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by toshmann(m): 5:20am On Jun 26, 2009
*Hauwa*:

@ toshmann

are you saying his woman (who gave him 4 sons) is not better thing?
a whole beautiful woman in her own right

a whole millionairess kabadaya fa!

chances are Maria is short and stocky with nice black hair . . nothing else to write home as far as beauty is concern. chances are she got kid (s)

i don't know why what's between our legs is leading men astray (afterall same thing your lady got too)

my sister cool down jare wink this thing too sweet grin how de dude go de chop egusi soup every year when ogbono dey around grin

leave the guy jare. abeg. na mistake. na devil cause am. this man need prayers. see as a whole gov de cry like baby. and now no show for am, from both him wife and de babe wey cause wahala . . . . may be na why de guy de cry sef grin grin

but seriously,leave the guy alone. u never know who will be next. it may be you. this teptation dey pandemic o
Re: S. Carolina Gov's Argentinia Escapade- Another Trail Blazing Republican Leader. by preselect(m): 4:49am On Jun 27, 2009
this toshman sef. and this toshman is about to get married o. yet he de talk like this. na God go save the person wey go be ya wife.

no disrespect wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: National Assembly Set On Fire! (photo) / Trump Warn North Korea With "Fire, Fury And Power" That The World Has Never Seen / African Defence Industry Page, Photos, Videos, News And Stats.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.