Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos (37884 Views)

We Will Sell Attack Aircraft To Nigeria, If They Can Afford It: John Kerry / John Kerry Arrives Sokoto State / Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by chukzyblingz(m): 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
UrbanMystique:
what a dumb post.. What is the point of collecting when there is enough left to steal ... Oh ye ipobians use your brain for a minute. It shouldn't just be there for decoration.
. Where's the enough that's left to steal? You guys don't even know what's happening in Nigeria. Nigeria is going broke. Nigeria's politicians (both PDP and APC) did bad to Nigeria's treasury. But this present government is the worst government Nigeria has ever had. His budget says it all. He's not hiding it. Even the blind can see he doesn't mean well for Nigeria by his anti people budget

1 Like

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
andresia:
And some dumb idiots are against the corruption war here in Nigeria. Sometimes, its demoralizing being a Nigerian and a sourh easterner
I am a South Easterner and I am Igbo.

I don't like the Man from Daura...that's my preference, which I have a right to.

But I don't like Corruption.

1 Like

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by babafirst(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
anonimi:

I agree with you that it is not propaganda.
Buhari has already recovered so much money that will fill up the shortfall in oil prices, not so

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/t...unds-buhari-2/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/h...ds-buhari.html

http://allafrica.com/view/group/main.../00040005.html

Never mind that his:

- CBN governor
- Finance Minister

are unaware of such returned monies shocked

Surely he shall start delivering on his campaign promises with all these recovered loot, abi grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3018404_fbimg1440078497612_jpeg3a8a60a93f1e032153541a608593102d
I will say amen to that if you can say amen to the prayer 'may the economy of your life and that of your family be managed exactly the way Jonathan managed the Nigerian economy'.

2 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by dyn1800: 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hey bro safe your energy from This fool guess the guy is hell bent on seeing nothing good

seunmsg:

Everything is not propaganda and being in opposition doesn't mean you cannot reason well again. John Kerry will not raise the issue at the biggest world economic forum if it is propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by ngoziama: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
LocalChamp:
Published on January 22, 2016 by
United State Secretary of State, John Kerry has given President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption campaign drive a larger reach at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Kerry in his speech at the forum, he made reference to Buhari’s fight against corruption in Nigeria and how individuals pocketed money meant for arms deal.
“It has been reported that over 50 people including government officials stole over $9billion in Nigeria.
He added that money that was meant for arms to fight Islamist sect, Boko Haram, was pocketed by generals in the most populous black nation in the world.

“Corruption costs global economy more than a trillion dollars a year and complicates every security, diplomatic, social priority,” he said.
“In far too many countries, plain rank corruption has generated such powerful headwinds that local economies just tread water. Today, corruption has grown at an alarming pace and threatens global growth, global stability, indeed the global future.”
“There is absolutely nothing more demoralizing, disempowering to any citizen than the belief the system is rigged against them. Corruption is a radicalizer because it destroys faith in legitimate authority.”
He noted that about three trillion is lost to corruption a year.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/22/john-kerry-carries-buharis-anti-corruption-campaign-to-davos/

Kerrry nigerians maybe corrupt but America too has corrupt people.you remember the stock fraud.kerry am not surprised because people don't get true justice in the wonder land called America. Kerry I detest corruption but you dont fight corruption by clamping down on only the opposition thereby putting fear in the masses, oppressing and intimidating them, putting handcuff on accused who is yet to be proved guilty whereas boko haram terrorists come to court with hands in pockets
Kerry tell the president to probe the haliburton case, lamorde who converted assets recovered from looters to personal properties and stole money up to the tune of trillion.he also has access to documents that could implicate apc chieftains.kerry be more objective on this issue.i am of the opinion that corrupt leaders must be punished but all corrupt leaders in the ruling party have been declared saints.kerry is that how to fight corruption?
In nigeria kerry a birthday party was hosted for just an individual minus his birthday package for over 82 million , only God knows what they ate.an individual designed a website for over 72 million and all of them are saints and have been made ministers. Kerry speak against corruption and at the same advise them on following due process and obeying court orders.#SAY NO TO CORRUPTION#

2 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by ogmaskman: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
omenka:
Like I said earlier today, there is something critically wrong with the mental health of some Nigerians.

These guys whom the government is after shared not even a penny to these people that have sworn to defend them with all their might. To them, Buhari's success in anything at all is taboo and must be viciously fought against. Their attitude is just like that of a mother in a polio ravaged country fighting hard to ensure her child is not immunised against the virus- it is just incomprehensible.

The anti corruption drive has been receiving accolades from well meaning Nigerians and international observers and that gives them migraines. People their social/economic class stand to benefit the most from any success recorded in the fight against corruption, yet they've sworn over their dead bodies that no progress would be made.

Buhari might as well come in, damn all established perceptions about his persona, just as Jonathan didn't give a damn, and loot the country dry like his predecessors and no one would hold him to account- yet he's chosen this path, and some still don't seem satisfied.

When Richard Quest, a mere reporter, made a statement earlier about NOI, it was celebrated for 7 pages running, it was no "propaganda". Now, one of the world's most powerful people has said his and it has suddenly become "propaganda"!

Sometimes I feel really disgusted sharing the same country with these people. I feel people with this mindset can only be found in Nigeria.

Festus Keyamo called them EKPA. In urhobo language an EKPA is someone whose stupidity is irredeemable.

I wonder how any sane human will attempt to defend the same pple who took food away from their tables. In saner climes, thieves do not only apologise to the pple but they are happy to face the consequences of their actions. But here what we have are pple shouting witch hunt. Pathetic!

3 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by shellworker: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
dafuturis:
centuries to come it will be on record that president Muhammadu Buhari was Nigeria’s first real president.

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Sincere9gerian welldone. I can see you are very busy on this topic.
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
TippyTop:
Before the end of this year expect headline like:
Buhari walks on water or Buhari heals the sick in Kano

Coming to a newspaper stand near you
:
Buhari kills 50 Boko Haram members with body odour.

The propaganda is unrelenting and unending.

Noted
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Yeske2(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Wailers must wail, it's ingrained in their brains so no big deal.
We are behind baba so no long thing, world powers are behind him too so those IPOB or iPod touts can jump into the nearest well or river and do the needful.
I no wan curse people this night because of ban.

3 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by ATERI(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
LocalChamp:
United State Secretary of State, John Kerry has given President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption campaign drive a larger reach at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Kerry in his speech at the forum, he made reference to Buhari’s fight against corruption in Nigeria and how individuals pocketed money meant for arms deal.
“It has been reported that over 50 people including government officials stole over $9billion in Nigeria.
He added that money that was meant for arms to fight Islamist sect, Boko Haram, was pocketed by generals in the most populous black nation in the world.

“Corruption costs global economy more than a trillion dollars a year and complicates every security, diplomatic, social priority,” he said.
“In far too many countries, plain rank corruption has generated such powerful headwinds that local economies just tread water. Today, corruption has grown at an alarming pace and threatens global growth, global stability, indeed the global future.”
“There is absolutely nothing more demoralizing, disempowering to any citizen than the belief the system is rigged against them. Corruption is a radicalizer because it destroys faith in legitimate authority.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/22/john-kerry-carries-buharis-anti-corruption-campaign-to-davos/

So America that is bent on destroying Nigeria economically is now our best friend, right? God bless all the economic terrorists of this world. Is either America is our friend fully or not; you can`t be mobilizing the world against Buhari on the economic front and then go to Davos and say you are Buhari`s best friend. You can only deceive the gullible. An economic terrorist is not different from a religious terrorist. If you think you can cripple the most important black nation in the world, you are forgetting that you only know some Nigerians, you don`t know all Nigerians. So keep on speaking from both sides of your mouth thinking that your national interests would be protected by so doing.

1 Like

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by ilyas26(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
I never knew anyone will ever be against the fight against corruption, that shows some people really do have mental problem

2 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by ekefre4(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
Disaino:
Thrash,,enemy of progress
Call LAWMA abeg
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by mandax: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
If the John Kerrys from far away US had first asked:
"why must Boko Haram be fighting Nigeria?"

If the Kerrys had asked:
why would a retired soldier from northern Nigeria being destroyed by Boko Haram, and who was security adviser to president Jonathan, chose not to use the money meant for arms purchase?

Boko Haram is a political instrument of some northern Nigeria politicians to get back apex political power.
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by smartwilly4eva: 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
dustmalik:

Na so e pain you? Ntoor You never see anything yet

hahahaha, i love that, leave wailers to wail on we are not concerned, what i know is that our country Nigeria will soon be a corruption free society.

1 Like

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by deetomee: 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
LocalChamp:

How has this elevated the plight of the Nigerian ECONOMY. Media ain't helping matters at all. As if you guys think with your kidneys! Rubbish!!!
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Barigaboy(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
Buhari govt. Is just teaching leaders not to misbehave cos their would always be accountability one day but corrupt government doesn't care. All they say his have already awarded d contract they r d 1 not accomplishing it or also saying the people who r spoil my work r in ma government I no them instead of corporal punishment. God bless Buhari God bless Naija
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by REDDEVILS1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
cool
andresia:
And some dumb idiots are against the corruption war here in Nigeria. Sometimes, its demoralizing being a Nigerian and a sourh easterner
nwanne mu ka chukwu gozie gi. Like during the campaign I was nearly beaten cos of my support for PMB. Funny enough my father called me a traitor though now he is completely behind PMB cos of all the revelations. My problem is even with all the recent happenings some of our pple are still blinded with ethnic sentiments. GEJ and friends nearly ruined this nation. I believe by Gods grace Baba will mk things right again. As for once any of em is found guilty, he/she shud serve life
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Socketbet: 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
I must see the end of it all
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Koleman(m): 1:04am On Jan 23, 2016
slap1:

Which country is not corrupt? How many presidents go about announcing to the world that their country is filled with corrupt people? It's common sense, not Igbo man mentality. Let him fight corruption as he has been doing and not wash our dirty linen in public.
oga . What do u call the corruption ratings which is released periodically. name one country on that list that is a developed country. the answer is none. Nigeria as we all know always competes for first and second position on that list. The summary of all my jagons is that everybody is corrupt but they are different levels of corruption. washing our so called dirty linens is a positive statement to the whole world that Nigeria is ready to join the developed countries who have successfully reduced corruption to the bearest minimum
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by edupedia: 1:39am On Jan 23, 2016
TippyTop:
Before the end of this year expect headline like:
Buhari walks on water or Buhari heals the sick in Kano

Coming to a newspaper stand near you
:
Buhari kills 50 Boko Haram members with body odour.

...no point...next!...

The propaganda is unrelenting and unending.
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by edupedia: 1:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Lionsclaw:
You are right. Especially when 39billion has been budgeted for lie muhammed to use for propaganda

...sounds like comment from Alaba market...next!
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Michael333: 2:43am On Jan 23, 2016
The dullard isn't fighting corruption, he is witching hunting and fighting his enemies.

Amaechi and Tinubu hv acquired alot of ill gotten wealth, if d dullard is sincere let him try them.

Saraki's asset falsification case has been forgiven, because he is APC.

Who is fooling who?
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Michael333: 2:48am On Jan 23, 2016
REDDEVILS1:
cool nwanne mu ka chukwu gozie gi. Like during the campaign I was nearly beaten cos of my support for PMB. Funny enough my father called me a traitor though now he is completely behind PMB cos of all the revelations. My problem is even with all the recent happenings some of our pple are still blinded with ethnic sentiments. GEJ and friends nearly ruined this nation. I believe by Gods grace Baba will mk things right again. As for once any of em is found guilty, he/she shud serve life

Abeg shut up. This is witch hunting, let d dullard try Tinubu and Amaechi who hv acquired ill gotten wealth.

What has happened to Saraki's case?

Blind Zombies!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Michael333: 2:51am On Jan 23, 2016
Barigaboy:
Buhari govt. Is just teaching leaders not to misbehave cos their would always be accountability one day but corrupt government doesn't care. All they say his have already awarded d contract they r d 1 not accomplishing it or also saying the people who r spoil my work r in ma government I no them instead of corporal punishment. God bless Buhari God bless Naija

Buhari is just wasting our time with witch hunting, things r getting since he came in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Michael333: 2:53am On Jan 23, 2016
ilyas26:
I never knew anyone will ever be against the fight against corruption, that shows some people really do have mental problem

Comment from a Zombie. Witch hunt in action, our economy is dying and d dullard has no answers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:23am On Jan 23, 2016
mandax:
If the John Kerrys from far away US had first asked:
"why must Boko Haram be fighting Nigeria?"

If the Kerrys had asked:
why would a retired soldier from northern Nigeria being destroyed by Boko Haram, and who was security adviser to president Jonathan, chose not to use the money meant for arms purchase?

Boko Haram is a political instrument of some northern Nigeria politicians to get back apex political power.

If you so think am like that, why gej no fight am tactically like buhari did? To retain power? Do you know the singular thing buhari did that is winning him this war? He just cut off supplies of books Haram. No food, no fuel. Instead of GEJ to fight Boko Haram, dem dey share money meant for arms like recharge cards.
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Leez(m): 4:29am On Jan 23, 2016
andresia:
pls feel free to join any oda tribe o
mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Billygee2u: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2016
seunmsg:

Is John Kerry also part of the propaganda?

Seriously, what's wrong with some of you? World leaders are supporting the anti corruption fight of the president so that those who stole the resources meant for the development of the country can be brought to book and the stolen resources recovered and put to better use for ordinary Nigerians yet, people like you who will be the biggest beneficiary are trying to run down the presidents effort. Did you benefit a kobo from Dasukigate? See, election is long over and GEJ lost. Support the presidents effort to rid the country of corruption. People like you will be the biggest beneficiary of a corruption free Nigeria.
propaganda news,
do you have any evidence that Kerry said anything about Buhari fighting corruption? show the video or a credible link or links
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Billygee2u: 7:12am On Jan 23, 2016
kayfra:
This is a major blow to the wailers.

Cry me a river.

The world powers officially support Bubu's war. I mean they acknowledged his fight in bleeping DAVOS! The biggest global economic platform!

Huge!!!
do you have any evidence of your claim?
can you provide the video or credible links?
if not it remains APC propaganda to deceive people like you.
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Billygee2u: 7:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Michael333:

Abeg shut up. This is witch hunting, let d dullard try Tinubu and Amaechi who hv acquired ill gotten wealth.

What has happened to Saraki's case?

Blind Zombies!!!!
Saraki played the role Buhari gave him to play during ministerial screening and thereby his sins have been forgiven ,he is now a Saint.
you want to be seen as a Saint join APC and do Buhari's bids.
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by RichyRodman(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2016
It just shows that Buhari does not have an idea of how to move Nigeria I country of over 200Million people forward! The fight against Corruption is good,but that's his only achievement so far! How has it improved the lives of the common man on the streets? The rich politicians are still getting richer the poor are still getting poorer,The dollar is now N300 (1st time in Nigeria's history) fuel is sold in the east at N120! And N100 in some parts of lagos,traders cannot buy any goods,unemployment rate has quadrupled! The rate of our jobless youths on the streets has increase (both graduates and artisans) the few that are employed are losing their jobs,companies are reducing their staffs all over the country! Price of food and transport has sky-rocketted,even the arms they are talking about,Buhary is yet to appropriate any money,the guns and bombs used currently were procured by the previous government,the electricity some people are enjoying today was done by the previous government,Corruption is not Nigeria's only problem and the way Buhari is going is as if it is! We all know that Dasuki was the one that arrested Buhari when he was overthrown by Babangida,we all know that Olisa Metuh is been intimidated because he's the only person coming out to shout against the dwindling economy. Talking prudence President Buhari and Vice-President Osinbajo will be spending N2.2bn on travels and transport, foodstuffs and catering materials, refreshment and meals as well as honorarium in the 2016 fiscal year? This is a figure that is N710m higher than what was budgeted for the same under the immediate past government in 2015. A further breakdown of the budget for the presidency also includes general renovation of the Guest House at N387m, complete furnishing of the Guest House at N45m, purchase of computers for N27.5m and the construction and provision of recreational facilities for N764m,its one of the reasons he had to withdraw the budget! The same buhari has Fashola that built his personal website for N72Million (as a Website Expert I wisham the one that got that contract) and Amaechi that plundered the common wealth of the good people of Rivers state to finance APC election as ministers,the minimum wage of N18,000 $65) still difficult for governors to pay when our president is still Maintaining 5 Private fleet of Air planes! Is John Kerry aware of all these facts and figures? Nigerians are in for austerity measures more suffering expected,Please let us call a spade a spade and stop chasing shadows! HOHA!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / "Buhari Made Tinubu A Mockery In Every Pepper Soup Joint"- APC Chieftain Ogbonna / Ajibola Basiru: Buhari Pushing 1964 Northern Nigeria Decree On Cow Grazing Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.