Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,859 members, 7,966,200 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:41 AM

How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? (1631 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / How Can We Stop Recycling Leaders? / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by SmartK1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2009
To d poser
We cannot stop the re-branding but we need to stop something more important: the OBJs, the Yaraduals, the David Marks, the Abdulsalams, etc. Cos these ppl are the Nation's problem. There is no amount of branding or rebranding that can be done on Nigeria that will work. In fact I am ashamed of this Country. How can we have a country that is governed by criminals and hope things will work. These ppl know that they do not have all it takes to govern a nation like Nigeria. In fact they dont have what it takes to govern a local government, so they take things by force. There are ppl in this country who knows better (the Nigerian obamas). i am really sad to call Yaradua my president. As a muslim, an handicap shldnt lead and Yaradua himself knows this. May Allah forgive him and make do a u-turn and change for better.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by darmilorla(f): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2009
LWKMT@comments, u guys are so funny,
am laughing out my ass,
@poster, 9ice write u,
i knw one day Nigeria will lead the world, the day is comming,
God bless Nigeria,
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by davidif: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2009
@poster, 9ice write u,
God bless Nigeria,

lead the world ke!!! make we see now.

By the way, i didn't write the piece, i just cited it from another website.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by royalicon(m): 11:38pm On Jun 27, 2009
@ poster

Talk am, make them hear, GOOD WRITE UP.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by vigasimple(m): 12:38am On Jun 28, 2009
I now actually get the joke, YAR A'CLUELESS  and his PDP govt are trying to do REBREEDING.

As you know they will continue to BREED from one generation of
FAILED LEADERSHIP to the other.

I hope you guys get what they are trying to do.
GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT COUNTRY,  LOOTING RECYCLING LEADERS. grin grin grin
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by Kobojunkie: 12:46am On Jun 28, 2009
Ok, I have to ask @Vigasimple. What is with your obsession with this man?? Why is it that most all your posts are about him? Sort of like @Chidichris most always brings everything back to OBJ, no matter how removed. lol
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by vigasimple(m): 1:20am On Jun 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Ok, I have to ask @Vigasimple. What is with your obsession with this man?? Why is it that most all your posts are about him? Sort of like @Chidichris most always brings everything back to OBJ, no matter how removed. lol

I have no obsession with YAR A'CLUELESS other than that I am so angry that NIGERIA IS NOT MOVING. our so called first graduate President, he said he will be servant leader, rule of law , 7 point agenda , vision 2020,  honest government etc.

1. Now, let us start with his graduate, does he fare better that a failed GCSE student?.

2. Servant leadership- what exactly is he leading ? - OBJ  may be a grarrison commander but at least he lead in a way. He assemble some technocrat to solve the banking situation etc

3. Rule of law,- really?, when he cladestinely removed Ribadu from EFCC sending him to college under a false pretence and appointing someone else to his office while at college.

4. 7 point agenda- once comedian start to make something a joke, it is indeed a joke. The joke in town is now let him do 1 point agenda. Do you know the whole 7 point agenda, if you do, please name them, if you finish naming them, please tell me after 2 years in office which of them has he carried out.

5. Vision 2020 - Nigeria is presently about 40 or 50 leading economy in the world, 2020 is barely 11 years from here and having wasted 2 years, election campaign to start next year, you sincerely think that we will not move southwise rather upward to 30something

6. When the guy was campaigning in April 2007 before the election he said that ' he will declare emergency on power within 100 days of assuming office' , we are now well over 750 days he still hasn't done so, on the most important problem of our times.

7. HONESTY. The guy is very sick, and obvious, and he is in denial. If one is very fit mentally but unfit physically it will affect productivity.  I am not a doctor but I am connvinced that he is not fit physically and  mentally (like most of our former President who are not fit mentally). The first attribute of a leader or a good one is to be honest with people as much as possible. If he is doing his job he may succeed in masking his illness BUT one brought the question about the other.

If Nigeria is YAR A'DO NOTHING  father's business he will never employ someone like himself.

I hope you understand my anger now rather than obsession,
YAR A'DO NOTHING  and the PDP are just bunch of a A DO NOTHING  PARTY.

Borrowing your signature, these guys are agrressive minority who imposed themselves upon us through family and military connections. Anyone can take that to the bank and cash it.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by Nemeziz9ja: 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2009
grin
Uhmmm, Naija!
Interesting and valid points that we all know too well were raised by the writer. Nigeria has become a land of contradictions where our education has lost all its values and we think its the contemporary ones that will solve our problems for us. Charity,they say begins at home.
I will say again and again that mediocrity,self denial,hypocrisy and all other vices we gripe about and yet condone daily are the bane of that much sought liberation we want.
A country where the leaders are mediocres reflect the inane dispositions of the followers no matter what form of abhorrence we display to outsiders. Until we address the basic issues of right, wrong, development (albeit sustainable), holding ourselves responsible for the so-called leaders that have emerged (whatever the process) among the pool of followership the rest of us belong to, the danse macabre continues indefinitely.
Nigeria; thou hath faileth to manage little, yet ye want plenty.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by Nezan(m): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
vigasimple:

I have no obsession with YAR A'CLUELESS other than that I am so angry that NIGERIA IS NOT MOVING. our so called first graduate President, he said he will be servant leader, rule of law , 7 point agenda , vision 2020, honest government etc.

1. Now, let us start with his graduate, does he fare better that a failed GCSE student?.

2. Servant leadership- what exactly is he leading ? - OBJ may be a grarrison commander but at least he lead in a way. He assemble some technocrat to solve the banking situation etc

3. Rule of law,- really?, when he cladestinely removed Ribadu from EFCC sending him to college under a false pretence and appointing someone else to his office while at college.

4. 7 point agenda- once comedian start to make something a joke, it is indeed a joke. The joke in town is now let him do 1 point agenda. Do you know the whole 7 point agenda, if you do, please name them, if you finish naming them, please tell me after 2 years in office which of them has he carried out.

5. Vision 2020 - Nigeria is presently about 40 or 50 leading economy in the world, 2020 is barely 11 years from here and having wasted 2 years, election campaign to start next year, you sincerely think that we will not move southwise rather upward to 30something

6. When the guy was campaigning in April 2007 before the election he said that ' he will declare emergency on power within 100 days of assuming office' , we are now well over 750 days he still hasn't done so, on the most important problem of our times.

7. HONESTY. The guy is very sick, and obvious, and he is in denial. If one is very fit mentally but unfit physically it will affect productivity. I am not a doctor but I am connvinced that he is not fit physically and mentally (like most of our former President who are not fit mentally). The first attribute of a leader or a good one is to be honest with people as much as possible. If he is doing his job he may succeed in masking his illness BUT one brought the question about the other.

If Nigeria is YAR A'DO NOTHING father's business he will never employ someone like himself.

I hope you understand my anger now rather than obsession,
YAR A'DO NOTHING and the PDP are just bunch of a A DO NOTHING PARTY.

Borrowing your signature, these guys are agrressive minority who imposed themselves upon us through family and military connections. Anyone can take that to the bank and cash it.

grin
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by iykolosis: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2009
in itself, rebranding is good and very much needed. but the problem is that the status of FMIC as a government department renders it fundamentally incapable of carrying out true rebranding. shadow-branding is perhaps an interim measure. lets not forget that Aunty Dora may at this moment be struggling to balance her genuine love for the masses with philistine working conditions. those conditions are not of her making. the real hunger in need of rebranding is the hunger for knowledge. and that is because in many cases, the hunger does not even exist.witness half-baked university graduates. are most of them hungry for knowledge? more hungry for pepe soup and shine shine bobo i should think. but that too in many ways is not of their making cause they belong to a sacrificial generation. a generation betrayed by its fathers. fellow Nigerians, I think rebranding is more of a clarion call to Nigerians to breakdown pestilential strongholds. the irony is that the institution calling for rebranding is most in need of it and should rebrand itself first.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by sley4life(m): 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
dora can answer this
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by mendax: 12:36am On Jun 30, 2009
@iykolosis,

i luv ur post, though i havent had d opportunity of reading thru d whole thread. i second ur line of thinkin. it isnt d rebranding dats wrong. WE as a nation definitely hav a lot 2 overcum!
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:50am On Jun 30, 2009
After reading the first post, I have decided to re-brand myself.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by Nezan(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2009
Okija_juju:

After reading the first post, I have decided to re-brand myself.
grin
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by iykolosis: 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2009
But one must ask, from what physical and spiritual location should true rebranding begin? In sweeping a room, we usually start from within and push the dirt outward. From where do we begin sweeping Nigeria clean? From government or from the masses? If it is from government, then FMIC should not be the one holding the broom. That would amount to turning the broom against itself and we all know that can’t happen. But even though aunty Dora has been the one holding this broom all this while on behalf of government, lets not rush to condemn the effort. Technically the sweeper cannot expect to rid the room of rubbish by sweeping inward. But it is far better to wield the broom than to hang it up. The Honourable Minister should therefore be seen more as a drummer responding to the rhythmic diktat of history than as the originator of the rebranding machine. No matter how you look at it, rebranding is the most logical thing the FMIC can possibly do right now considering the inclinations of the government in power. I challenge anyone to either cite a more logical policy for the moment or move for the outright scraping of FMIC as an unnecessary government ministry. Of course being the most logical thing to do now doesn’t make it effective. But it is always good to put as many pegs as possible into their respective holes. And that is what the Information ministry is doing. What more can a contestably good heart do in philistine working conditions?
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by mendax: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2009
@iykolosis,
i agree wit u in dat nigerians ar gud at condemnin evrythn wit no better solutn at hand. But i was thinkin, may b we ar lookin at it d wrong way. mayb FMIC is not d Broom. we nigerians could ALL hold BROOMS & mme Dora is only advicing us 2 use d brooms we are carrying 2 start sweepin!!
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by informat09(m): 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
lets promote a "GOOD PEOPLE BAD GOVERNMENT" campaign instead , lets highlight the good things nigerian people have achieved and lets push a campaign to expose the dirty deals and nefariuos activities of our bad leaders.

who's with me lets design and publish a pdf magazine like forbe's magazine that highlights and showcases the top most corrupt and slowpoke leaders in nigeria.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by quadrey(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
papa deceive pikin party! very nice and creative and i think the whole rebranding shit is big hoax. big ups to salisu suleiman brilliant write up
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by ThinkRait: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2009
informat09:

lets promote a "GOOD PEOPLE BAD GOVERNMENT" campaign instead , lets highlight the good things nigerian people have achieved and lets push a campaign to expose the dirty deals and nefariuos activities of our bad leaders.

who's with me lets design and publish a pdf magazine like forbe's magazine that highlights and showcases the top most corrupt and slowpoke leaders in nigeria.

Abeg help spearhead the campaign from outside 9ja cos If u dey 9ja expect Nigeria Police and SSS for ur doorstep.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by ThinkRait: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
@Post

Nice piece.

We've got lots of good writers and less of positive history re-writers (getting used to the 're-' word).

Lets stop writing. Lets start acting.
But we must act with care, lest they brand us MILITANTS.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by hahaha2(m): 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2009
[b]"You either die a hero or leave long enough to become a villain"

Its clear to see honorable Dora Akunyuli, has pictched her tent, with a very misguided and dead(as far am am concerned) government.

YAR-A-CLUELESS, is truly at his wits end on this one, during the previous 'civil regime' it was said that OBJ used EFCC to witch-hunt his opponents, accepted, Now i ask you what is the EFCC doing about individuals who aligned with OBJ then, A BIG FAT NOTHING!!!

NOTHING AND I MEAN NOT A SINGLE THING HAS GOTTEN BETTER SINCE YAR-A-OMG!!-WHAT-AM-I-DOING-HERE stepped in. 7 point agenda my arse, all he has managed to do his surround himself with an un-knowledgeable, recycled, have nothing to offer, northern-origin dominated cabinet.

I know OBJ is a scheming bastard, but putting YAR-A-MEHN-THIS-IS-A-LOT-HARDER-THAN-BEING-A-GOVERNOR as president, to show just how not bad a leader he was, is absolutely diabolical.

Only God Knows why we have been punished us with this leaderless leader

[/b]
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by Ezeagu2: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2009
darmilorla:

LWKMT@comments, u guys are so funny,
am laughing out my ass,
@poster, 9ice write u,
God bless Nigeria,

Its leading the world of failed nations:

grin grin grin
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by agathamari(f): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2009
have you ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf? the whole "rebranding" is a joke. I am an American living here in Nigeria and from my personal experiences in Lagos- Nigeria is crying wolf.
Re: How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? by platinumnk(f): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2009
love the 1st post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Feel Sorry For Mutallab / ooni Preaches Unity Among Yoruba Leaders For Yorubaland's (Unification) / Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.