Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,352 members, 7,950,730 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari (1229 Views)

Probe Obasanjo’s Administration, Waku Tells Buhari / PHOTO: Patience Jonathan Now An Evangelist / Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by Zblog: 5:43am On Jan 23, 2016
A foundation member of the Peoples Democratic Party and former member of the party’s Board of Trustees, Sena­tor Joseph Waku has implored Presi­dent Muhammadu Buhari to sustain the tempo in his ongoing war against corruption.

While describing the recent 2.1 billion US dollars arms fund scandal otherwise known as Dasukigate as a shame of a nation, Waku who is a lead­er of the pro-North Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF expressed disgust at the caliber of people involved in the scam.

“What does Anenih want again at his age? What does Yakassai want again at his age? It is a big shame on these two men refered to as elderstatemen, to be involved in alleged sharing and looting of funds meant to purchase arms for our troops to fight Boko Haram. These two old men should not only apologise to Nigerians, they and others that par­took in the sharing should refund the money to the national treasury”, Waku who is now a top chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC also spoke on other issues in this interview with TUNDE THOMAS. Excerpts:

What is your reaction to the alleged looting and sharing of the $2.1 dollars arms fund by some top political leaders in a scandal that has come to be dubbed Dasukigate?

It is very shocking and disgraceful, most especially when you look at the caliber of people involved. Look at the names that Dasuki has been mention­ing as beneficiaries of the loot. These are people that Nigerians until now look up to with respect. Tanko Yakas­sai, Tony Anenih, Haliru Bello, people who are supposed to be role models, now turning into looters. It is a big shame. I’m highly disappointed with these people.

What still baffles me is this, what constitutional power did Dasuki have to withdraw and disburse public mon­ey to few individuals? Dasuki is not an official or treasurer of PDP. Even in his role as the National Security Adviser, he lacked the power to share and dis­tribute the money the way he did.

What Dasuki did was not only crim­inal, but it is also illegal. I’m surprised that former President Goodluck Jona­than has chosen to keep quiet. Please he should be told that in this case, si­lence is not golden for him at all. It is even unfair that up till now nobody has deemed it fit to ask Jonathan questions including security agencies.

Is Jonathan bigger than Nigeria?

But some are saying that being a former President, it should not be seen as if Jona­than is being humiliated by asking him questions or inter­rogating him?

Rubbish. That is one of the big­gest problems confronting Nigeria. The big man syndrome culture of the untouchables, that is one of the things killing us. Is Jonathan bigger than Ni­geria? Will Jonathan be the first former president to be investigated or quizzed over corruption? We should be able to draw a line between sentimentalism and patriotism. To me, asking Jonathan to speak out or being quizzed is an act of patriotism. Asking that he should be left alone is sentimentalism.

How can they leave Jonathan alone? He is a central and key figure in this scam. Dasuki has been mentioning his name repeatedly, and let’s look at it this way, can Dasuki do anything on his own without the consent and approval of the president and the commander-in-chief? It is very unfair to detain Dasu­ki, while Jonathan remains a free man.

Jonathan should be arrested now. He should be quizzed and if he is found culpable let him be put on trial. If he is eventually found guilty, he should be sent to prison. Yes, Jona­than should be sent to prison if his hands are not clean, heaven will not fall if he is jailed. He will not be the first former president to be jailed. There are several other examples and instances across the world.

http://www.zubbyblog.com/armsdeal-arrest-jonathan-now-waku-tells-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by haywhy911(m): 6:02am On Jan 23, 2016
C'mon. The structure of ur post no fine for eye. Modify the post,indent it well and bolden what needs to be boldened.

I agree with him sha. Arrest the kingpin
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 6:08am On Jan 23, 2016
For me whoever that is involved should be meant to face the wrath of the law. Do you desire to be a real man, taking responsibities in bed, here comes ASAMKPOKOTO ACTION POWDER lover's desire a 100% herbal https://www.nairaland.com/2881018/100-herbal-remedy-weak-attention#42196537
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by DaBullIT(m): 6:10am On Jan 23, 2016
I don't trust you blog as a matter of fact I no dey click your link

But common sense go tell person say Jonathan must go Jail

Apart from say everybody before am dey die

As assistant captain, class captain die , you Sabi the story

He meet plenty money for ground from Obasanjo savings (excess crude) this guy chop am finish

He do subsidy without common sense

He come carry pin give atm Dasuki politicians come dey withdraw anyha

Walahi he suppose Don dey prison and even gbagbo wey do any ha still dey chop beans for prison

Jonathan must enter jail
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by EHMIR(m): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2016
His arrest is imminent nd petinent,mek in dy collect all d award wey in fit,b4 dem kick am enter d famous kuje suites nd hotelgrin

how can yam eaters be arrested without arresting d person in charge of d barn that gave yam eaters free pass,nd turn his back for dem to eat d yams ruthlessly,NEVERsad
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by AngryNigerian(m): 6:38am On Jan 23, 2016
When common men like us de talk, Wardrobe allowance-collecting Sin-ator like Wack-u follow de open mouth!

Sin-ate house no be Corruption house? Mtschwww

...& if I may say, how many past presidents have been jailed...we are all witnesses to their brazen squander-mania!!! IBB de dia, Abdulsalam also, OBJ their papa! No be them hammer with $.bilion Harliburton scandal & we just kept quiet de look them

I'm not apologising for GEJ, but all i'm saying is 'what is good for the goose should be good for the gander", phinish!!! The notion of "if you touch IBB, hell will be let loose" must stop now!!!

1 Like

Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by alatbaba1(m): 6:40am On Jan 23, 2016
Nah step by step. If dem arrest Oga Jona nw Case closed b dat. We will nt know d rest of enemy of Nigeria.

Jona nah last bullet.
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by gozmok1(m): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2016
gej my hero
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by Mjshexy(f): 6:52am On Jan 23, 2016
As if madam Patience knew her husband deserved to be arrested. The only reason why GEJ has not been handcuffed is because of the respect of the prefix "Ex President", else he should have been languishing in kirikiri now
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2016
The source is nothing to go by, however, when they begin to foam in the mouth, one is just reminded that Maku is part of the lunatics in power who played very active role in raping this country to near-death! Maku is now in Apc and has become a saint and old things are passed away and so he can run his mouth all he wants! Papa Zombie!
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by criminalmindz: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2016
story , kripa buhari can do nothing. If he attempts it thats d end of nigeria.
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by mordsith: 7:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Jonathan is the first President from the south............. If he is the first President to be arrested because he is from a minority.

Heaven won't fall but Nigeria will fall
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by UnclePati: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2016
silence is not foolishness
please maintain your united nigeria...

jona gave up power for peace.
jona kept this country in peace mode
jona phone call to buhari kept you alive today

except you don't want Nigeria again
please arrest Jonathan.
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by Zblog: 7:59am On Jan 23, 2016
DaBullIT:
I don't trust you blog as a matter of fact I no dey click your link

But common sense go tell person say Jonathan must go Jail

Apart from say everybody before am dey die

As assistant captain, class captain die , you Sabi the story

He meet plenty money for ground from Obasanjo savings (excess crude) this guy chop am finish

He do subsidy without common sense

He come carry pin give atm Dasuki politicians come dey withdraw anyha

Walahi he suppose Don dey prison and even gbagbo wey do any ha still dey chop beans for prison

Jonathan must enter jail

Who cares or do I look like!!
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari by funlord(m): 8:30am On Jan 23, 2016
undecided

This jonathan sef?

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Described As “the Last King Of Scotland” By Sahara Reporters / DEAD BODIES OF IPOB MEMBER CLAIMED TO BE KILLED BY MILITARY DISCOVERED / Crude Oil Prices Hit A Record-year High Of $46 Per Barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.