Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,857 members, 7,906,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister (46090 Views)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix / FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by wink2015(m): 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
A one time former female controller general of Nigerian immigration Rosemary Chinyere Uzoma was also sack for secretly employing her eastern people into the Nigerian immigration violating rules regarding recruitment.

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
It is not enough to fire them and hand them over to the Police. There should be public humiliation. The Police would grant them bail and let them go.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Omotayor123(f): 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
Very good cool
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by danduchi(m): 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
M
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by afolajohn521(m): 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
Realist5:
Not credible enuff. #400 on the dot... I smell lies.
say ur own version then
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Chinazaekperem5: 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
anonimi:
When will Amaechi be sacked for stealing Rivers' people's money to bankroll Buhari nomination over Atiku and his campaign
We are not FOOLISH zombies oh ejoor!

Always talking off-point

3 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
But why can't names be mentioned so that the People of Nigeria will be able to identify these Top Officials in order not to Vote or Accord them with any future public offices?
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by CharlyNick: 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nice Move. others will learn from this
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by exwizzy90(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Can any good thing come from LIAR Moh'd?
NO!

400 staff......
400,000 Each.......
Only one paralstatal?

APCLyingBastard indeed......
U really dont know what u are saying. When in a Local government secretariat work, thousands of people can be swindled; how much more Ministry?
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by kahara(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Chinazaekperem5:

Criticism is good but you have to back it up with facts and or figures

If you dont have any alternative version of a particular claim, it is illiterate to dispute it on the basis of a hunch.

Do you have any evidence that Lai Mohammed is lying?

let him name the parastatal and the officer involved. its smokescreen and u know it
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by zaza999: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nice one,but we need the names of those sacked so as to fully believe d story.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by wink2015(m): 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
Why FG Sacked Immigration Boss
Details of the reason why the federal government sacked Rosemary Chinyere Uzoma as controller-general of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) emerged yesterday. Insider sources spoke on her tenure in the organisation.
Mrs Uzoma, who was appointed the second female controller-general of the NIS following the sudden death of her predecessor in office, Mrs Rosemary Nwizu, allegedly incurred the wrath of the government due to various misdemeanours such as sending her cousins and other lower-cadre staff on foreign intervention programmes meant for senior NIS personnel.
Before her appointment as the NIS boss, Mrs Uzoma held sway in Anambra State and later served as the controller of immigration at the African Affairs in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
According to her colleagues and some of her subordinates, Uzoma spared no love for persons from regions of the country other than her native Abia State, and particularly those from Umuahia. She allegedly posted her relations to “juicy positions within the service”.
For instance, a source disclosed that four of her first cousins, from the Nwabueze family, were sent on foreign intervention missions to choice countries like the United Kingdom and the United States. One of the Nwabuezes, an inspector in the service at the time of posting in 2006, had since relocated his family to the US, but now lives on the bills of the NIS.
Comfort Nwabueze, a typist in Festac Passport Office, another of her first cousins in Lagos, was also sent on foreign intervention trips about three or four times. This was also courtesy of Uzoma, who also ensured that Comfort remained at the Festac office, a three-minute walk from her house.
Most startling of the revelations about the sacked NIS chief is the fact that even with the much-touted fool-proof nature of the Nigeria e-passport, some foreigners, particularly Ghanaians and Beninois who are commercial vehicle drivers on the Lagos-Badagry-Seme-Cotonou international route, have Nigeria’s e-passport.
It was also learnt that, in a move to demonstrate her love and commitment to her marriage and her husband’s kinsmen in Nkwerre, Imo State, Uzoma turned recruitment in the NIS to a family affair when she allegedly announced at a Town Hall meeting that the youths of Imo State origin who are interested in being recruited into NIS should make their intentions known. This gesture, expectedly, threw up an army of applicants, several of whom eventually got recruited into the NIS, not necessarily out of merit but on the basis of tribal and marital ties.
When LEADERSHIP WEEKEND confronted Mrs. Uzoma with some of these allegations through a text message, her response was prompt: “You may wish to get in touch with my PA on these issues.”
At the NIS headquarters in Sauka, Abuja, Uzoma‘s PA, Dominique Asogwu, simply explained that the allegations against the former NIS chief were incorrect. “These allegations against the CG are not true. They are unfair. It wasn’t she who tilted the Imo State figure high. Remember, the recruitment board have had two chairmen who were of Imo State extraction. They may have wittingly or unwittingly done this before the CG assumed office.”
Sources said Uzoma also had problem with interior minister Abba Moro because “the minister equally wanted more of his people in other choice and juicy states like Ogun, Kano, Lagos and Akwa Ibom states. Others are Rivers and Cross River states, but Uzoma was also bitterly fighting for her own people”.
They alleged that the minister ordered the posting of a new officer to the Festac passport office as the new passport officer, but Mrs. Uzoma disregarded it and returned her favourite to the office. Also, the helmsman of the Ogun State command, who is reported to be a candidate of a former president without throwing a fight, allegedly reported to the Nigerian leader, who in turn called President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure the CG reversed the appointment.
President Jonathan was said to have ordered the interior minister to reverse the postings but a vehemently adamant Uzoma would take none of that, a situation which led to her sack last week by the president.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by anonimi: 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
wink2015:
A one time former female controller general of Nigerian immigration Rosemary Chinyere Uzoma was also sack for secretly employing her eastern people into the Nigerian immigration violating rules regarding recruitment.

Abeg how can you sack someone who is FORMER
This PROPAGANDA is over salted oh, haba grin
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by ceejay80s(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Can any good thing come from LIAR Moh'd?
NO!

400 staff......
400,000 Each.......
Only one paralstatal?

APCLyingBastard indeed......
If its a lie , let those sacked come out and protest, some of una nairalanders no like naija to move forward
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by uokide: 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
naw ooh
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by omokab: 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Realist5:
you smell lie because of 400k.Honestly, I have seen somebody who paid 700k to get federal govt job. The one of 200k,300k and 400k are just too many.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Stanbeto: 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Good for them
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Niceman4u(m): 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
I don't beliv ds story. Lai has always been telling lies. Y can't he mention the names of d dismmised officials or the name of d parastatal.
Telling lies d world.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Henovy: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
Realist5:
You would have believed if it was 396 or 401 abi? I smell rotten fish!
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by dikeigbo2(m): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
vedaxcool:
Wailing zombies aka wailers will still defend such senior officers because they are dedicated to promoting corruption. It is their calling.

I think Lai Mohammed made the right call and by prosecuting them will deter other criminally minded civil servants from acting in such a manner.

Are they and their ministry nameless?

Don't shield the names of wrong doers ,don't protect their interest .......their names or we don't believe it
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
goodlifehyd:
grin
guy u wicked grin
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by abbaapple: 7:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
[s]
Realist5:
[/s]

Eranu! embarassed
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by millionaireman: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
Unless Fiscal federalism is returned to Nigeria, fight against corruption by any govt is only on the vocal cavity.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by millionaireman: 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
Northern Nigeria refuses fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

Without competition to be brought about by fiscal federalism, Nigeria cannot develop.

Thus, Northern Nigeria denies development to Nigeria.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by klax(m): 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
100% percent good action. Enough of all these stress for job seekers enough is enough sack them all. Someone is jobless seeking for job and they are tasking them to pay before securing the job what a wickedness. Fire them all.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by ahmedisah(m): 7:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Chinazaekperem5:
Sanity gradually returning to the Nation.

I'm shocked that- Abba Moro the Minister that swindled thousands of Nigerian Youths and whose actions led to the death of innocent job-seekers is not facing charges under this administration

Buhari has a lot of work to do in this country. We need total institutional reform

No worry, by d time we get hold or Dikko, he will be d Dasuki of NCS dt will also lead to d arrest of Abba Moro, I can assure u dt his bail conditions will be worst than Olisa Metu, am anxiously waiting for dt.
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Teenaira: 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
Kikero112:

I have a question for you.....and I want your answer?

What would you have done differently if you were in charge of Nigeria?

How would you have created jobs in a monoeconomy like Nigeria....when the price of your chief commodity oilis dropping...making it difficult to create jobs, and making it difficult forother sectors of the economy.

Me....I even want Buhari to remove subsides, and sack excess workers.....and spend more on power and transport....so that within two years we can have new jobs due to increased productivity. That is my solution.....what is yours?

Yes...the last admin created jobs. They also had the benefit of high oil prices which meant they had the revenue to create jobs.Once the oil prices fell....the financial basis for jobs also fell. If GEJ was in charge now....would you be saying what you just said?

Better face it.Nigeria is a poor naiton, austerity is our only solution(and yes....APC better face that fact), and the era of free money is over. Time we got to work. White collar mentality is why we are here today.

Nigeria is indeed a poor country at least for now but the APC that we all thought might help us out of the present problem are not helping matters. They all want to enjoy the best of luxury man can ever think of. The biggest concern of the presidency, minister, house of assemblies is how to buy top of the range cars and enjoy other exotic luxury. So how does an average person like me in the society believe in what they are doing ?
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by PunterTim(m): 7:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
This Is The CHANGE We Yearned For!
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
I know some that will secure you a job if u pay them 400k too. I would like to expose them as well

smiley
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
Teenaira:

Nigeria is indeed a poor country at least for now but the APC that we all thought might help us out of the present problem are not helping matters. They all want to enjoy the best of luxury man can ever think of. The biggest concern of the presidency, minister, house of assemblies is how to buy top of the range cars and enjoy other exotic luxury. So how does an average person like me in the society believe in what they are doing ?

Good. We know that APC is not cutting costs. But what do you think we should do now.? Any suggestions?

Here is mine:https://www.nairaland.com/2883679/financial-times-calls-nigerias-economic/2#42241178
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by LordofNaija: 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2016
blueto:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/fg-sacks-top-civil-servants-over-employment-racketeering-minister/

points to ponder
1. how many staff were sacked and their names
2 what is the name of the parastatal
3. can the IG of police actually confirm these staff were handed in
4. mention the names of the beneficiaries of such jobs, they are culpable too
until u have done all these, na propaganda be this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Companies/Banks Starting Salaries (Nigeria) / How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja / List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army Recruitment Through SSC And DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.