Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,253 members, 7,891,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:53 AM

17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. (1638 Views)

Ten Silly Things Girls Should Stop In 2018/pic / Twitter Users Reveal The Most Dishonest Things Girls Ever Said To Guys / 19 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by delonz(m): 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2016
Girls of nowadays go extra miles in search for a husband. We have compiled some of the things our lovely, single ladies do to have a husband by fire by force.

1. Snatching a Friend or Relation’s Man.

All is fair in love and war! Rumour has it that women have resorted to locking their phones, hiding their men and coding their gist from so-called friends cos it’s a jungle out there.

2. Re-Inventing Themselves.

Pretence is the order of the day. No man wants to tame the shrew or teach the inexperienced or make an honest woman out of a dishonest one so once marriage is desired, women package themselves in pseudo, ready-made, easy-to-use, highly desirable packages. After marriage, what you see is what you get!

4. Praying & Fasting.

This would presumably be an honourable means of obtaining a husband but sometimes the prayers are offered up to deities other than God & other times it becomes a song permanently on repeat.

5. Taking his photograph to places for a prophetess to pray over or a powerful Alfa. Heard it works like a charm.

6. Taking his sp*rm, hair or personal effects to herbalist. Guys, disposing off your c0nd0ms yourself is not such a bad idea.

7. Putting love portion in his food! This is classic and timeless but shouldn’t it be called a ‘compelling’ portion? Because in this case, love is by force!

8. Saying Yes to a Man you Despise!

A woman has two classes of men usually on her case. The ‘correct’ guys and the ‘disgos’. The disgos usually end up as rebounds but many a woman has shocked a despondent toaster with a sudden ‘Yes’ and men have agreed that truly there is nothing God cannot do!

9. Proposing to a guy! Yes it does happen…but I dare to ask, who wears the engagement ring?

10. Toasting a man’s family so they make the decision for him! A friend complained that a girl he detested had over the months gotten close to his family. Lavishing money on them, cooking for them and basically being their ‘go-to’ girl and now his mum had put her foot down that he had to break up with his girlfriend and marry little-miss-went-home-to-mama. Depending on how much power the family use, their word may be final.

11. Being your Man’s Maga!

Some women believe that when you finally get a man to be interested in you, spoiling him and overlooking his every fault would get you into a white gown faster than an okada chased by LASTMA! Some men don’t mind a woman who houses them, clothes them, feeds them, gives them pocket money, never gets upset with them even when they misbehave and cleans up after them with little or no contribution from them…Living the good life.

12. Giving him Unlimited Freedom as Long as he Proposes.

“Tell me I’m number one baby, tell me I’m the future mother of your kids and not Amina, Bisi or Ngozi!” Women used to wanna be the ONE AND ONLY in their man’s life, now being the number one is good enough.

13. Revamping Yourself

Change your ward-robe, lose 20kg, buy a truckload of brazilian hair, study the karma-sutra, do a vaginoplasty and change the age on your birth-certificate to read 22. Botox, plastic surgery, a compulsory gym membership and ‘body magic’ also indicated!

14. Becoming a Worker in Church!

Rumour has it that men go to church to marry, the same rumour also reveals that ‘Greeters’, ‘Ushers’ and ‘Lead Soloists’ have the best exposure…praise the Lord!

15. Moving to a New Town or Part of Town so that you are the ‘New Girl’.

This always peaks the men’s interest and at the same time you get to run away from your past and the ‘old maid’ labels! Combine this with number 14 above and ooh la la!

16. Abandoning your Hopes, Dreams and Ambitions!

I’ve heard people say that women looking for a prince charming live unrealistic dreams, virgins are old-school, overly educated women are proud, rich women are not submissive, ambitious women are conceited, women with demanding jobs won’t have time for their families, women who want a faithful man are deluded and women who don’t get pregnant before wedlock have something wrong with their plumbing! So forsake the masters, don’t even dream of a PhD, quit your job, give away all your money and surely a husband will come… And if all else fails…

17. Marry a Married Man!

He could be your friend’s husband, your sister’s husband, your cousin’s husband, your colleague’s husband, even your mother’s husband if you like!

Can you blame these women? The average guy has commitment phobia or is out to play till he is all spent before he settles down or is waiting to make his first ’5 million’ before saying ‘I do’. Even a man with no future ambition or class, much less finances still knows he could have his pick of the best women out there, once he announces he is looking to settle! The last census showed a female-dominated demographic with more women per eligible bachelor. Family and society constantly put the woman in hot water making her personal successes irrelevant till she bags a man.
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by Hishowlau(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Fact
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by HungerBAD: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Still wondering why I am still single.

Why can't any Juju Catch me?still hoping to meet one that will finally put that love portion in the food.

Make I see if juju wan catch juju.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lmao !

Smh !

Na eve cause dis o damn see as guys just made girls look like worthless being

Well people were born to yarn dust enu lebo!
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
all these follow immediately she has been threatened to be put on OLX
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by Smellymouth: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
OK, noted
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by Mutuwa(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
When life had dealt with her,when she had counted so many ceiling,PVC and POPs and finally settles for Mr Available. wink

Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by cruzita(f): 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
hmmm it won't get to this in my turn
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by CharlyNick: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
cheesy
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by gen2lpatty(m): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
Some one actually did that No.5 to me. Was like WTF Took to my heels. And to make matter worse, she is just 22.
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by rhazur(m): 11:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
@Op na wa o....na only 16 reasons i read for ere ooo cos reason number 3 no dey
Re: 17 Desperate Things Girls Do To Get Married. by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ahahaha.... But no.17 dey naa.... Manage am like dat.

#smiles

Meanwhile, Op... Make it 16 reasons.

Something close to No.9 was spoken of in the book of Isaiah naa.... Seven women shall cling to one man I think. Such times shaa...

As for no.11, That man will surely not be "faithful" despite all that "good life". And what good life? When a man lives like a houseboy.... Chaiii... Good life indeed.

rhazur:
@Op na wa o....na only 16 reasons i read for ere ooo cos reason number 3 no dey

(1) (Reply)

Would You Accept Back An Ex That Broke Your Heart?and Give Them A Second Chance? / Guys Enter Here.. / Silly Questions Girls Ask And There Answers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.