Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,941 members, 7,931,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:40 PM

I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba (1191 Views)

Ogun 2019 Governorship Tears Amosun, Osoba & Tinubu Apart - Daily Trust / I Am Returning To APC - Osoba / Osoba Group Disowns Falae Over N100m Donation-the Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by wengerjay(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2016
Leader of the Social Democratic Party and former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba, has said he has yet to return to the All Progressives Party.

He, however, said talks are ongoing to ensure his reconciliation with the APC.

Osoba defected from the APC in the build up to the 2015 general elections and co-founded the SDP.

The former APC chieftain spoke against the background of his current noticeable hobnobbing with chieftains of the ruling party.

Osoba on Saturday told our correspondent on the telephone that talks were in top gear between him and the top echelon of the APC on what he called “an amicable reconciliation.”

When asked if he had returned to the APC, Osoba replied, “No, no. But there is an ongoing discussion between us but there is no final decision yet. I believe that the good cause of the Yoruba and the nation will give us the grace to come to an amicable reconciliation.”

The ex-governor told our correspondent that the split between him and the other progressives prior to the 2015 general election was nothing personal.

He said the issues which led to his departure from the APC were being discussed and addressed in the ongoing talks.

Osoba noted that he had been a progressive and remained one; which was why he had not crossed to the conservatives.

He said, “They (his grievances) are part of what we are discussing. We are discussing the implementation of our constitution. It has been a major issue and we are discussing it.

“There was nothing personal about the whole thing. There was nothing personal amongst us. It was only issues affecting progressivism. I am still a progressive; that is why I won’t go to the conservative rank under any circumstance.”

The SDP chieftain, however, declined comments on the N100m allegedly given to the National Chairman of the SDP, Chief Olu Falae, by a former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Tony Anenih, which was alleged to be part of the $2.1bn arms procurement fund diverted by former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, (retd.).

On what will be the fate of the SDP should his current talks with the APC become successful, Osoba said, “The SDP remains, because the party has elective members at all levels of legislation in the country. There are state assembly members and members of the House of Representatives.

“Virtually by law, the SDP remains a party. The Independent National Electoral Commission cannot deregister the SDP. But I don’t want to comment further on that.”

The ex-Ogun governor debunked insinuations that his supposed return to the APC fold was in preparation for the 2019 general election, saying it was too early to make such prediction and move.

He said, “The government is less than one year old and none of us is God. One must not predict tomorrow not to talk of predicting 2019http://www.punchng.com/i-am-reconciling-with-apc-osoba/
Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by bensonlee770: 12:41am On Jan 24, 2016
Osoba, the political Chief PROSTITUTE.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by retepmurt(m): 12:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Amosun has succeeded in leading Osoba to his political obscurity/oblivion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by raumdeuter: 12:50am On Jan 24, 2016
So what did he gain by defecting?

He lost his relevance, His son Olumide lost his seat at House of Rep

Now he has to go queue from the end of the line

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by wwwkaycom(m): 2:42am On Jan 24, 2016
better late than never. How can you build a house and abandon it?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by Mynd44: 4:51am On Jan 24, 2016
I don't blame him though. After Grandpa Falae ate the yams alone he knew it was tine to do a re-evaluation

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by olaolayink(m): 4:56am On Jan 24, 2016
ode ara Oba,Omo osoba.....can you imagine dis old man,he asked US not to vote for amosun during the last election....after losing virtually everything,his coming back to that same party he destroy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by LordMecuzy(m): 4:57am On Jan 24, 2016
It's My Birthday Today and You All Know The Normal Tradition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by bensonlee770: 5:32am On Jan 24, 2016
Amosun is the HERO here.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by Chubhie: 5:39am On Jan 24, 2016
Buhari and Apc agenda of setting up a dictatorship will implode on them.
Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by modath(f): 5:47am On Jan 24, 2016
Waoh! Just Waoh , shocked

So our big daddy could return to his vomit after all? undecided SIA would be LOLing right now, he thought he was the alpha & omega of ogun politics, shio , osi pelebe! cheesy

https://www.thecable.ng/3-apc-ogun-senators-defect-sdp

Jagaban is bawse!! Any politician in SW that isnt cool with that will fade into obscurity..

He is not an angel, saint or infallible but he is a master strategist, Pa Osoba is a learner ...

The likes of Kaka, Obadara et al will be sOmewhere. cursing him for over-estimating his political stock & value in ogun politics,thereby derailing them..

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/15/osobas-sdp-loses-all-in-ogun/

5 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by kolnel: 5:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Political prostitute
I hope he's ready to be an appendage to amosun now
Falae really bleeped him up, no yam for the goat
Progressive my ass

1 Like

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by modath(f): 5:52am On Jan 24, 2016
Chubhie:
Buhari and Apc agenda of setting up a dictatorship will implode on them.

Relax, stop hyperventilating , take a deep breath, have a drink & chill pill, you ok now? Alright.

Those masquerades chasing you in your nightmare were not sent by Bubu, they are agony of defeat, miscalculation, poor political choices & lack of foresight!!

Wetin concern Buhari for SW politics? .. You lots are beyond redemption!!! sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:58am On Jan 24, 2016
This man and Tom Ikimi miscalculated.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by modath(f): 6:41am On Jan 24, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
This man and Tom Ikimi miscalculated.

E pass miscalculation, dem fall yakata for gutter ni oo grin cheesy

That 100m matter also nor helep matter for Pa Osoba state of mind!!

Tonyebarcanista, Shebi a bin yarn you dat time say say pa Osoba & Fa-LIE were political paperweights on their own PERSONAL recognition but no, you no gree!

You were penning "analysis" & positing opinions about SW politics formed primarily from reading "Thisday, Vanguard & Sun" ....

You dont know yoruba people Sam Sam! cheesy

8 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:44am On Jan 24, 2016
The same Osoba whose party worked against the candidate of the Progressives is here calling himself a progressive again. I actually have problem with the way Nigerian politicians define political ideology.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by Toosure70: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2016
Asiwaju my role model. He put all these agbaya on their knees , kikikiki.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by Toosure70: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2016
Asiwaju remains my role model. He put all these agbaya on their knees , kikikiki.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by DIVINE78: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2016
bensonlee770:
Amosun is the HERO here.
And Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by Chubhie: 7:30am On Jan 24, 2016
modath:

Relax, stop hyperventilating , take a deep breath, have a drink & chill pill, you ok now? Alright.

Those masquerades chasing you in your nightmare were not sent by Bubu, they are agony of defeat, miscalculation, poor political choices & lack of foresight!!

Wetin concern Buhari for SW politics? .. You lots are beyond redemption!!! sad

Tomato Jos, it was expressly stated that there are ongoing negotiations. I wonder how it was convenient for you to over look it thereby missing out from asking the right questions. If the gentleman has the courage to say No isn't it obvious that Efcc would be deployed against him and made a public show off him?

Just for convenience and personal interest all politicians are heading to Apc cos they lack the balls of steel to say NO like Tompolo.

That you guys are so myopic to see beyond the veils breaks my heart milady.
Re: I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba by alrahmanonline(m): 7:51am On Jan 24, 2016
Oga Osoba thunder wey go fire your yansh dey do press up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We haven’t received bench warrant on Tompolo – Police / Guy Beaten Mercilessly By Female Soldier Because He Said She Is Beautiful (vid) / Tompolo Boys Defy Buhari, Vow To Set Nigeria Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.