Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:56 AM

Wanted: A New National Political Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wanted: A New National Political Party (369 Views)

"Form A Political Party And Push Your Agenda" - APC Tells IPOB, MASSOB / Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja / Party Leaders Attend 2017 National Political Summit In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: A New National Political Party by Amaudeogu(m): 2:03am On Jan 24, 2016
Marriage is always a great risk.” Henry James, 1843-1916.

Political marriages variously called alliances, coalitions or accords are invariably the greatest risks of all. The “marriage” between the CPC and ACN which formed the nucleus of the APC reminds me of what happened to another marriage in Dorchester, Boston, USA in 1974. The two “lovers” desperate for marital bliss, but not financially strong individually agreed to pool their resources to make a go of their wedlock.

PDP-APC-logoOne Tuesday, after several years of living in penury, the two love-birds decided to play the State Lottery, but only the husband had money. Not really believing that they could win, he asked that the ticket be registered in the wife’s name.

On Saturday, the result was announced. The ticket had won the jackpot prize of several million dollars. Thereafter, the relationship in the household changed. The formerly submissive wife became the dominant partner – notwithstanding the fact that it was the husband’s dollar which brought the great fortune.

Former members of the ACN have my sympathies like that husband in 1974. Everybody knows that it was mostly ACN money, organization, media, publicity etc which formed the back bone of the APC campaign effort. But, the roles changed the minute Professor Jega pronounced Buhari elected. Into his laps and CPC’s have fallen all the benefits of the campaign. That explained why the first ten important appointments were unknown in ACN circles. Thereafter, ACN members can only accept whatever they are given. It is a matter of “take it or leave it”. It is not easy to eat humble pie. And, I knew it is only a matter of time before the frustration boils over. Furthermore, they know, and I know, that their position can only get worse within the alliance.

Defections from other political parties are swelling the ranks of APC; most of them on arrival will swear absolute loyalty to Buhari. The bank-rollers of the 2015 elections will not be needed in 2019. Incidentally, those who financed the APC campaign were not altruistic. They made an investment which they expected to yield positive returns. At the moment, they risk losing their investments after winning the election the way Buhari is going about running the government – like a religion. To win an election and lose your money at the same time is enough to make grown men cry. Let nobody tell us that the “investors” don’t want their money back. At least one APC Governor (name withheld) wants his.

In 2011, when it was clear that Malam Ribadu was going to lose the presidential election, a deal was struck and the allegation is that investors in ACN were refunded a cool N17 billion to allow Jonathan win in the South West. Surely, nobody asked or cared where the money came from in 2011. Hypocrisy has no better definition going by the self-righteousness demonstrated by some people today; as Buhari harasses the PDP.

I have an idea what will happen next; but let me keep it for now. But, the APC as we know it today will not be the same one contesting the 2019 elections. For that matter the PDP as we know it will not be a viable opposition party. PDP has been decapitated. They can’t even call a meeting anymore. Only a third political party will serve the purpose of providing the emerging APC a run for its money.

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE

“All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.”

George Orwell, 1903-1950.

General Obasanjo (rtd) from 1999 to 2007 collected $13-16 billion from the Central Bank for power project. No power to show for it. They want Nigerians to forget their $13-16 billions. In addition, close to N8trillion was missing during the same period. Read my book PDP: CORRUPTION INCORPORATED. You’ll be shocked.

GEJ, a bloody civilian, is daily insulted on account of alleged $2 billion arms deal. It serves Jonathan right. I asked and even begged him to probe Obasanjo. He lacked the guts to conduct an investigation which could have strengthened his hands as President, immortalize him and yielded trillions of loot. “I dey laugh O!”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/wanted-a-new-national-political-party-3/
Re: Wanted: A New National Political Party by MayorofLagos(m): 2:45am On Jan 24, 2016
No party has ever won the national seat without the political sponsorship from West. Yorubas hold possessively on to the party structure in the negotiationfor roles and positions. Why do Yorubas prefer to be in control of a party rather than have government posts? Because the party is the warehouse for contracts and the true base of political power. The party decides who win or loose elections. The party is the negotiator, the godfather that nominates and eliminates.

If you want to win elections fall in line with Yoruba partisan politics. Bad and decrepit as APGA look if you want it to win national elections snatch it from Ibos and put in the hands of Yoruba to manage...then sit back and watch! grin

1 Like

Re: Wanted: A New National Political Party by LordMecuzy(m): 5:15am On Jan 24, 2016
APC can only loose in 2019 if yorubas and igbos come together and for an alliance, tho I don't see that happening. APC will be there till 2023.

It's My Birthday Today and You All Know The Normal Tradition.

(1) (Reply)

PG-18 (gi)boko Harams Reign Of Terror And Its Weapon Of Choice. / Wickedness And Insensitivity Of The Political Class. / Supreme Court’s Verdicts: Victory For Ikpeazu And Udom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.