Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,329 members, 7,971,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:41 AM

In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job (13822 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by zaza999: 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
weblogo:
I read and read and read...and still did not understand or is it only me?

Same to me my dear.I dnt understand what this man is talking about.He has something to say,but don't know how to say it.For me,I don't understand him.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Fortunate017(m): 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Okay, your topic has made it to the FP. Are you happy now?
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by nikkypearl(f): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Be careful!
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
According to you, he has so much confidence in you to leave his business in your care- That is absolute trust he has for you.

I think now is the time to prove to him that you are worthy of his trust.
Tell him about your plans, beg for his assistance to help you achieve your dream.

Since you can run his business and pursue your dreams concurrently, DO THAT ATLEAST FOR SOME TIME, even after he has helped you actualize your dream. That way you will build more trust and show appreciations for what he has done for you.
Remember, the world we live in is a small world. There's always another day.

Finally, some day you will leave to grow your own business. Hence, you will need to help him look for someone who will replace you, when the time comes, but not now.

The principle of life is this: do to others what you will want them to do to you.

When your business grows you may someday have a general manager, how would you want him to treat you and your business?

PS: nduu.si@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Smellymouth: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yes involve him..
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by harsysky(m): 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Benjom:
Wounds do heal, y'know.
That is if the wound doesn't kill one in the course of healing. Wounds do heal, quite alright.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by PHfinest(m): 3:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Have you heard of partnership? You need each other. If you are certain of your imminent breakthrough and you trust your boss, involve him and get a partnership agreement signed between you two.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by HomesOfLife(m): 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Well it depends. Is your project related to his line? If it is, then he would treat it wiith distaste. If it is not related to his line of business, he'll still treat it in distaste cos, if it works out, your dedication and attention to his job is about to be compromised. No one loves a compromised staff; and a quick reminder is that, tthe love you feel he has for you is only cos of your efficiency and dedication. Expect the true side of him when you eff up. He's not your father remember.

In summary, do your thing without him and quietly resign when your feet is strong. It's your life and your race remember.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by soludo93(m): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
If would be suicidal if you ever felt irreplaceable, nobody is including the CEO. my advice is that you open up to the man, you should be courageous enough to confront your fears or you would forever live in despair and depression.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by AnaCheks(m): 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
You can equally recruit someone with your power and then coach the person in preparation for your resignation. In that way, he won't miss or witch hunt you when you leave
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by OkunrinMeta: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Apologies

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by ChynoBEATS: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito:

The question is, should I involve him?

Make him a part of it if you feel its wrong to do such..... Something like a (you)7O/3O(him) ish ....
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by manie(m): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
OkunrinMeta:
OP, I don't think so highly of you like your boss does, this is because you obviously haven't been grooming any protegee to take your place. Either you planned to live forever, work there forever, or you have made a mistake which can still be corrected.

Employ me!

A good leader attracts, grooms and produces other great leaders. The OP may be very good in his job, but it is very obvious that he is not a good leaders. And his organisation does not have a succession plan in place.

Gani Fawehinmi Chambers attracted and produced the following good lawyers Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, Festus Keyamo, many Professors of Law, many Attorneys General and many Judges just to mention a few.

First Bank attracted and produced many Bank MD/CEOs, CBN governors and Ministers of Finance eg Joseph Sanusi, Lamido Sanusi, Alex Otti, Remi Babalola, Wole Adeosun, Bola Adesola.

Nobody is indispensable, he should have it at the back of his mind that anybody can do what he does. His organisation needs to improve on how to attract, groom and keep talents, when this is done the organisation will be on autopilot and can comfortably survive without anybody because of the structure and system put in place.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by guccitype(m): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
You can contact me for replacement....i bet you, you won't regret it.........07035093414
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Wowzer(m): 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
No matter the relationship and trust between you and your boss. I will advice you to avoid involving him. He is only appreciating you now for your role and contribution which is more of his gains.

The moment things change, You will be a target of destruction. I have been there before , done that. I controlled everything in the firms, handle all funds including their personal funds. Not just one, not two ... Three. All Wealthy, Powerful and Influential.

After all the experience, I made up my mind. I'll never manage any firm for anyone. Rich and Influential Boss don't have your interest at heart and will never. You are only relevant when you serve their interest. They will replace you asap. They are all the same.

In my case all the firms packed up not long after I left because vital staff and clients left too. I paid my price and they paid theirs too. Lesson learnt.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by abdo123: 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Train someone in ur role. Then start creating little hole for d person to take up for him (ur boss) to see. That way he(boss) will gradually get used to him/her. Wen R satisfy to some extend about the person confident n trust. Begin to absent ursef at work. And wen u see dia (boss n him) is becoming cordial them u can tell him of ur plan to move on in life.
Above all pray for God guardian. All d best
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by piagetskinner(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
I hope ur boss stumbles on this thread... Hehe
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by supremepapey(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
I have a better suggestion for you.
Recruit me to the businessand let me be under your tutelage and after a stipulated duration, you can do an appraisal on my performance. One thing is certain you will be happy to make that choice because am a good student and can do well by you.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Jtmanager(m): 10:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
looseweight:
For you not to break his heart, give suggestions like " nobody is irreplaceable" and by so doing, should unforseen circumstances like health challenges come up, there should be someone that can fill the space in your absence.

You can also look out for someone of the same mind and hardworking like you. Train him/her up so that your boss will have something to fall back to when you resign.

This means that you can still delay lunching your project by 6 months to perfect this suggested plan of mine.

May God help your decision.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

I concur
pay off my masters degree nd let me be ur apprentice for 3months if I won't fill in...
mind u...
I'm not cheap o
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by 6fit(f): 12:27am On Jan 25, 2016
Blastfinito:

If I finally have my way without him, what I do can still be run alongside his job. But, I will still resign because his work is taking too much of my time. That will again get him worked up, and plead that I continue working with him. Money can't motivate me in his job, because I work 24/7, while other employees are getting off duty.

Lionhearted, bimbochoco, twoondei, training a footsoldier is not that easy in this case. This involves handling his money to undertake projects at your discretion. So, when he placed his relatives in the position, they squandered his money, and couldn't give the expertise needed in the job. Those relatives were leaving after getting a chunk of his money. I am not a relative to him. When I came on board, I put rare honesty and about 95% of expertise needed in the job on display. At times, you can find who to train for the expertise, but will you trust him handling large amount of money? And if you get an honest person to train, that should probably be a scientist. But what the man wants is not just scientific skills. He wants expertise in varying degrees of skills, mostly English language, but the real job is scientific.

Bro am employable and trainable+ hornest
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by professore(m): 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
Blastfinito:
I am the overall manager of my organization. The business owner reposes so much confidence in me that he believes ONLY me can do the job--evidently as he goes around telling dignitaries about finding me. Even if he is to find someone like me, or more competent than I am, the business may go some steps backward before recovery. I think he won't like going through that hassle.

Now, I have a finished, tested project that I need him to put finishing touch to. As a very rich, powerful man, a move from him will get the work done, and that would mean getting me to fame. If that happens, leaving his job is imminent.

The question is, should I involve him?
Here is my humble suggestion...inform him on ur project so as not to betray him,let me make it clear to u,u should inform him inorder not to be a traitor but not so as to seek his help cos your boss will only help u in this situation if he has the spirit of God in him.
Note: after u have informed him,please be careful with ur boss,I am saying this because I don't know the type of person he his,some might be pained and bitter despite carrying him along and and being open to with him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria / Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent / A Bad Day In The Office And How To Bounce Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.