Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,381 members, 7,978,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:23 PM

Best Nigerian Bank? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Nigerian Bank? (12713 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag / Best Nigerian Bank For UK Returnee Back To Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2009
IFELEKE:

Lastpage
Gtbank Token was heavily subsidised(to a mere 2,500) to ensure it's affordability.Believe me, the cost incurred in ensuring a 3rd party transfer security device that guanrantees fast,higly secure and convienent way for transfers via the internet banking platform is way higher than the 2,500 price tag on it.
On the use of mobile phone,
I want to believe anybody accosted must have been disturbing others,It will take a complaint from a customer to warrant cautioning another customer on the use of mobile phone.
I will pass your message across to Ilupeju Branch.
Uche,
I once responded to this your post.
You are enquiring about what and where have you been sending the enquiries too? you can check out the bank's webiste gtbank.com for guidiance.
nethacker,are you an orange boy?
I am one .Br.901-TSG. . .you?
@Ifeleke, u r my namesake and i operate from the heart of the bank.processing centre Technology,network support, i am truly orange.by now u should knw who i am, and r u sure dat u r not ifedayo dada@901 under wasiu?log on to spark
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by IFELEKE(m): 10:13am On Jun 30, 2009
nethacker:

@Ifeleke, u r my namesake and i operate from the heart of the bank.processing centre Technology,network support, i am truly orange.by now u should knw who i am, and r u sure dat u r not ifedayo dada@901 under wasiu?log on to spark

Leke!!!
I am who you say I am.
How are you Man?. . .Orange Rules!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 10:19am On Jun 30, 2009
IFELEKE:

Leke!!!
I am who you say I am.
How are you Man?. . .Orange Rules!
So u dey enter dis joint ? y u no dey use spark inhouse? na wa for u oo. i go disable una from internet.just kidding bro, grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by smooooooth: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2009
all of una just dey vote for the baNKS u work for.

the guy wants to know the most decent bank, wia

he will put his money & do biz with no hassles.

my guy its GTB, i dnt work or like the banking sector

but if i get a GTB job, i go fly go dia.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by yommyflo(m): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2009
NO ONE IS TAKING OF INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, WHAT DO THE HOUSE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEIR SLOGAN
, HAPPY CUTOMER, HAPPY BANK
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2009
yommyflo:

NO ONE IS TAKING OF INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, WHAT DO THE HOUSE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEIR SLOGAN
GTB don pass dis b/stop of happy customer happy bank.na wouldnt u rather bank with us GTB dey. grin

smooooooth:

all of una just dey vote for the baNKS u work for.

the guy wants to know the most decent bank, wia

he will put his money & do biz with no hassles.

my guy its GTB, i dnt work or like the banking sector

but if i get a GTB job, i go fly go dia.
u r talking sense my guy grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by IFELEKE(m): 11:53am On Jun 30, 2009
nethacker:

So u dey enter dis joint ? y u no dey use spark inhouse? na wa for u oo. i go disable una from internet.just kidding bro, grin
My guy, the thing don dey my blood. . .I dey use spark to render service in house wink
disable ke? no try am oo or else, I will. . . . grin

yommyflo:

Have you ever wondered what ends their Happy Customer Happy Bank Slogan?
It's Happy Customer, Happy Bank. . .Frustrated Staffs.
. . . .Wouldn't You Rather Bank With Us?. . .
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Finecat(m): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2009
I feel sorry for Nigerian Bank workers oo. They still don't realize they are sitting on a keg of gunpowder. Now i believe that Nigeria is a failed state, when the leaders of a nation constantly lies to the people. They secretely bailed out Intercontinental bank, that bank was actually distressed but Yar'adua silently bailed them out to avoid ripple effect. I wonder if they will bail them out again the second time around.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by IFELEKE(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2009
Finecat:

I feel sorry for Nigerian Bank workers oo. They still don't realize they are sitting on a keg of gunpowder. Now i believe that Nigeria is a failed state, when the leaders of a nation constantly lies to the people. They secretely bailed out Intercontinental bank, that bank was actually distressed but Yar'adua silently bailed them out to avoid ripple effect. I wonder if they will bail them out again the second time around.
Finecat
Can you talk more about your secret bailout assertion?
Until you furnish us with proofs,your post will be treated as mere speculations.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2009
IFELEKE:

Finecat
Can you talk more about your secret bailout assertion?
Until you furnish us with proofs,your post will be treated as mere speculations.
Simple!! GBAM!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by smooooooth: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2009
Finecat:

for your mind, na u get access to top secret. grin. abeg dnt go into journalism, we don tire for the lie, lie story. though i know intercontinental
na jagbanjantis bank.

nethacker:

GTB don pass dis b/stop of happy customer happy bank.na wouldnt u rather bank with us GTB dey. grin
u r talking sense my guy grin

una too much abeg, but when una go start to ask ''wldnt u rather work with us'' cheesy

cos i am sooooooo interested in working for GTB, the ''courteous & Decent bank''
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2009
smooooooth:

for your mind, na u get access to top secret. grin. abeg dnt go into journalism, we don tire for the lie, lie story. though i know intercontinental
na jagbanjantis bank.

una too much abeg, but when una go start to ask ''wldnt u rather work with us'' cheesy
cos i am sooooooo interested in working for GTB, the ''courteous & Decent bank''
u sha wan work for GTB shaaaaaaaaaaaaa, wetin u get?Hurry , get to me on val2rhyme@yahoo.com
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by sonety2k(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2009
Check these link below to know the current standing of our BANKS

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-290432.0.html
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Thomaths(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
Of all bank,,,,,,,,,, I hate UBA
GTB still the best
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by lastpage: 12:36am On Jul 01, 2009
@nethacker,
Gtbank Token was heavily subsidised(to a mere 2,500) to ensure it's affordability.Believe me, the cost incurred in ensuring a 3rd party transfer security device that guanrantees fast,highly secure and convenient way for transfers via the internet banking platform is way higher than the 2,500 price tag on it.

I suspected from day-one, that you're an I.T geek in GTB!.
Been one myself for close to 10yrs in the I.T./Systems group but resigned almost five years ago, to take on other challenges.
Banking is good, especially for an I.T "professional" (l was sent on training to I.B.M in S/Africa, U.K and later U.S during the rush for change of banking software in the 2000-2001 period when we had to change to Phoenix banking software (some chose flexcube and First Bank remained on BankMaster, back then) and upgrade our Servers to the IBM RS 9000 series!, the pay is also good but the stress (when Server or Network decides to act-up), na die cry   cry

You know what, are you sure about the 2500 price-tag on the Hardware token?
One of mine still got debited #3000 for it today-today, at your branch, at Alagomeji-Yaba.

And as I.T folks, we both know what's in a 'Token', no better than a serialized, synchronized (to account number) random number generator storage grin  , does that warrant #3000? (20% 0f some peoples monthly salary))

Ask your friends who are abroad, if the bank, at its own behest introduces such device, they simply post it to your address without charging you a dime! But GTB is forcing it on us and making us pay for it (who even negotiated that amount on our (customer) behalf,, YOU?  shocked shocked

All the above notwithstanding, l am and will remain a loyal customer of GTB, been with them since 2001.
I should mention a few "nice and customer friendly staff" l have come into contact with (to encourage them to be more customer friendly and to let them know that we the customers, appreciate "their efforts", even when they still get paid for doing their job! grin)
Omolara Kehinde, Roseline Nwanmoh, Ife (Alagomeji branch), Bukola Oduwole, Obiagelli Etteh, Lamide (Plaza till 2007/cool, Victor (Internet-banking), Lemboye (complaints desk)  Tell dem we dey "hail" for inside Nairaland O!

This guys have made my day at one time or the other (appreciate), though they might not see this and if they do, they wont ever know my identity  tongue tongue but am sure, someone else would have noticed them too.

Emmmm,,  "nethacker" since thats just your internet handle, l would have recommended you for the Corporate Group (image makers, since thats what you've been doing over here! grin) but no one knows your real name except IFE (is he the IFE @alagomeji branch?)
Tell your folks in the office that their is a big reward, aside the pay, in doing their work diligently, and with a smile, even a "plastic smile"! grin grin

At least you have seen the poll over here, even if 'your likes' have introduced "error" into it shocked lipsrsealed

Cheers,
Lastpage
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2009
lastpage:

@nethacker,
Been one myself for close to 10yrs in the I.T./Systems group but resigned almost five years ago, to take on other challenges.
Banking is good, especially for an I.T "professional" (l was sent on training to I.B.M in S/Africa, U.K and later U.S during the rush for change of banking software in the 2000-2001 period when we had to change to Phoenix banking software (some chose flexcube and First Bank remained on BankMaster, back then) and upgrade our Servers to the IBM RS 9000 series!, the pay is also good but the stress (when Server or Network decides to act-up), na die cry   cry

One of mine still got debited #3000 for it today-today, at your branch, at Alagomeji-Yaba.

And as I.T folks, we both know what's in a 'Token', no better than a serialized, synchronized (to account number) random number generator storage grin  , does that warrant #3000? (20% 0f some peoples monthly salary))

Ask your friends who are abroad, if the bank, at its own behest introduces such device, they simply post it to your address without charging you a dime! But GTB is forcing it on us and making us pay for it (who even negotiated that amount on our (customer) behalf,, YOU?  shocked shocked

All the above notwithstanding, l am and will remain a loyal customer of GTB, been with them since 2001.
I should mention a few "nice and customer friendly staff" l have come into contact with (to encourage them to be more customer friendly and to let them know that we the customers, appreciate "their efforts", even when they still get paid for doing their job! grin)
Omolara Kehinde, Roseline Nwanmoh, Ife (Alagomeji branch), Bukola Oduwole, Obiagelli Etteh, Lamide (Plaza till 2007/cool, Victor (Internet-banking), Lemboye (complaints desk)  Tell dem we dey "hail" for inside Nairaland O!

This guys have made my day at one time or the other (appreciate), though they might not see this and if they do, they wont ever know my identity  tongue tongue but am sure, someone else would have noticed them too.

Emmmm,,  "nethacker" since thats just your internet handle, l would have recommended you for the Corporate Group (image makers, since thats what you've been doing over here! grin) but no one knows your real name except IFE (is he the IFE @alagomeji branch?)
Tell your folks in the office that their is a big reward, aside the pay, in doing their work diligently, and with a smile, even a "plastic smile"! grin grin

At least you have seen the poll over here, even if 'your likes' have introduced "error" into it shocked lipsrsealed
Cheers,
Lastpage
@lastpage, u hv really tried n i appreciate as well all u wrote up there.All those u mentioned in dat branch r known pple to me(as an IT person in charge of Networks) but the IFE u r refering to is not in yaba branch.He is in Ilesha branch of the Orange bank.Which bank were u working for b4 n where r u now?lets rap grin val2rhyme@yahoo.com
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by asas(f): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
standard chartered bank

zenith bank

ecobank
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
asas:

standard chartered bank

zenith bank

ecobank
shocked shocked shocked it shows that u r not in 9ja.u r talking with respect to uk banking services grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by HBaryour(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
Everybody knows it's BANK PHB
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
H.Baryour:

Everybody knows it's BANK PHB
shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Ezoo(m): 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
Skye Bank Plc is probably the best bank in Nigeria
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2009
Oceanic bank 4 life, experience peace!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by kolawolem: 6:26am On Jul 02, 2009
I will go for Oceanic
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by kolawolem: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2009
Na small boys go for GTB, When u get to where it matters , u will Go for Oceanic and Zenith
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by obadairo: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2009
Guaranty Trust bank is still leading in my list.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by IFELEKE(m): 9:12am On Jul 02, 2009
lastpage:

@nethacker,
Banking is good, especially for an I.T "professional" (l was sent on training to I.B.M in S/Africa, U.K and later U.S during the rush for change of banking software in the 2000-2001 period when we had to change to Phoenix banking software (some chose flexcube and First Bank remained on BankMaster, back then) and upgrade our Servers to the IBM RS 9000 series!, the pay is also good but the stress (when Server or Network decides to act-up), na die cry cry

And as I.T folks, we both know what's in a 'Token', no better than a serialized, synchronized (to account number) random number generator storage grin , does that warrant #3000? (20% 0f some peoples monthly salary))

Ask your friends who are abroad, if the bank, at its own behest introduces such device, they simply post it to your address without charging you a dime! But GTB is forcing it on us and making us pay for it (who even negotiated that amount on our (customer) behalf,, YOU? shocked shocked

Omolara Kehinde, Roseline Nwanmoh, Ife (Alagomeji branch), Bukola Oduwole, Obiagelli Etteh, Lamide (Plaza till 2007/cool, Victor (Internet-banking), Lemboye (complaints desk) Tell dem we dey "hail" for inside Nairaland O!

This guys have made my day at one time or the other (appreciate), though they might not see this and if they do, they wont ever know my identity tongue tongue but am sure, someone else would have noticed them too.

Emmmm,, "nethacker" since thats just your internet handle, l would have recommended you for the Corporate Group (image makers, since thats what you've been doing over here! grin) but no one knows your real name except IFE (is he the IFE @alagomeji branch?)

Cheers,
Lastpage

Lastpage,
My Bad! sorry about the mix up, the token goes for 3,000 I saw my folly after I posted but i modified it accordingly.You'll agree with me that the cost of getting one done is more than the amount placed on it considering the fact that they aren't produced in this country.
I hope you will continue to remain with us as we strife to turn our best to good in order to elicit a better performance which will go a long way in keeping our customers satisfied.

kolawole m:

Na small boys go for GTB, When u get to where it matters , u will Go for Oceanic and Zenith
I will not impugn any bank but The records speak for itself. . .The Orange Bank Rules!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nethacker(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2009
IFELEKE:

Lastpage,
My Bad! sorry about the mix up, the token goes for 3,000 I saw my folly after I posted but i modified it accordingly.You'll agree with me that the cost of getting one done is more than the amount placed on it considering the fact that they aren't produced in this country.
I hope you will continue to remain with us as we strife to turn our best to good in order to elicit a better performance which will go a long way in keeping our customers satisfied.
I will not impugn any bank but The records speak for itself. . .The Orange Bank Rules!

Simple as ABC grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by 4mart(m): 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2009
Guys ,i initially had Bank PHB in mind, i bank with Fidelity Bank. To be sincere,i would say its Bank PHB. GTB is on the high poll side. But,nw listen,Fidelity Bank PLC is the worst bank i've ever seen. Intercontinental Bank is service -oriented though expensive. But Fidelity Bank has a bad networking system full of errors. Above all,the bankers nationwide are fond of Working around Offices. Is it fair? They can never keep their word. Any Fidelity Banker? Call 07035526999 lets rub minds.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by moneyrules: 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2009
GTB is d best. their customer service staff r wonderful
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by initiate: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2009
No one is talking about Stanbic. Please let me know your views on the bank. I have been with them for a while. Nothing too special and nothing too bad either.

A lot of criticism has gone to UBA. Maybe they only give special treatment to high nethworths in order to discourage small savers. Maybe?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by lastpage: 5:34am On Jul 04, 2009
@initiate
A lot of criticism has gone to UBA. Maybe they only give special treatment to high nethworths in order to discourage small savers. Maybe?
Even their staff are not proud enough to come-up here and mouth their defense!
That Bank wooo-wo, no be small embarassed

Lastpage
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by carpenter(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2009
I maintain accounts with four banks GTB, 1st ,UBA and Wema(not been there in ages). My salary account is with first bank and if I had a choice, i would have moved it.

When i get plenty money, I would be with GTBank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 / Report Banks Hoarding FOREX, CBN Tells Nigerians / Modified: HOW I WITHDREW LESS THAN 50$ FROM PAYONEER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.