Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,294 members, 7,971,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? (693 Views)

The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
From a concerned Friend..

...I believe in God but not in Religion ...Am not an atheist...I believe in the supreme being ...an Almighty creator .

However I do not conform with the idea of religion...Christians believe only through Jesus that man can make heaven..Muslim believes theirs is the only way..So are the Other religion and their followers...

please is their a way one can worship God without following any religion ?? ..I acknowledge God but religion is a no for me.

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by emmyskies(m): 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Christianity is neither a religion nor a pattern of worship but a way of life in JESUS CHRIST

1 Like

Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by whitecloth: 1:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
First, there's nothing like religion, its just a concept coined by we humans to differentiate between beliefs and faith of people, we are not to believe in religion, its not even psychologically correct to say you believe in a religion, but rather use the word faith or believe, am a Christian I believe in Christ, there are Muslims also who believe in Allah.
Hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by onetrack(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
RaDaZaBaNa:

...I believe in God but not in Religion ...Am not an atheist...I believe in the supreme being ...an Almighty creator .

However I do not conform with the idea of religion...Christians believe only through Jesus that man can make heaven..Muslim believes theirs is the only way..So are the Other religion and their followers...

please is their a way one can worship God without following any religion ?? ..I acknowledge God but religion is a no for me.

Cc lalasticlala

You can call yourself a deist or a non-religious theist, depending on whether on not you actually believe that this god interferes in human affairs.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
RaDaZaBaNa:

Cc lalasticlala
Jesus is not a religion, because even within Christianity there are many forms of religion. Can someone find God without Christ? I doubt coz He is the way to the Father. That means the power of Christ as a heavenly being is the power of revelation about God.

If you reject Him, you can't find His father. You'd be in the same position with the dedicated Jewish religious leaders of the time who did everything and more in the name of God, and rejected His Son. He spoke about their fate.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
whitecloth:
First, there's nothing like religion, its just a concept coined by we humans to differentiate between beliefs and faith of people, we are not to believe in religion, its not even psychologically correct to say you believe in a religion, but rather use the word faith or believe, am a Christian I believe in Christ, there are Muslims also who believe in Allah.
Hope you understand.

I don't understand..
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by CoolUsername: 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
RaDaZaBaNa:

Cc lalasticlala

You seem like you're a deist.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by JohnNgene: 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
Is there a way one can worship God without following any religion?

YES!

1. The truth is that God or the Gods have never written any holy book or created any religion. That is why God or the Gods won't kill you even if you don't worship or believe in It or Them.

2. Religion is a blasphemy against God or the Gods because religion claims to speak for God or the Gods.

3. Humans and other beings were not created or born to worship any God or Gods. We were created or born to live and be alive.

4. Religion will be banished in the future just like slavery was banished in the past. Religion is essentially a tool used to programme consciousness or hypnotize minds in order to make it easier to control people like sheep.

Biko reach out to +234 909 5000 603 to ask more questions and to join our WhatsApp group for debates and discussions about religion and spiritual beliefs.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by JohnNgene: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Watch this wise African man explaining how you can believe in God without religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFFnZ9emYY
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
JohnNgene:
Is there a way one can worship God without following any religion?
YES!
1. The truth is that God or the Gods have never written any holy book or created any religion. That is why God or the Gods won't kill you even if you don't worship or believe in It or Them.
2. Religion is a blasphemy against God or the Gods because religion claims to speak for God or the Gods
3. Humans and other beings were not created or born to worship any God or Gods. We were created or born to live and be alive.
4. Religion will be banished in the future just like slavery was banished in the past. Religion is essentially a tool used to programme consciousness or hypnotize minds in order to make it easier to control people like sheep.
Interesting! When or how do you see religion going away in the future?. undecided
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by JohnNgene: 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! When or how do you see religion going away in the future?. undecided

How?

Religion going away doesn't mean that there won't always be about 100,000 (one hundred thousand) people who believe in religion in different parts of the world o! Lol. Religion going away means that religion will become very unattractive to at least 90% of people in the world.

When?

I predict that from the year 2080, religion will begin to be seen as a joke and an insult to people's intelligence.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by Ken4Christ: 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
RaDaZaBaNa:

Cc lalasticlala

Belief in God or religion can not save you.

Your salvation is in Jesus Christ alone.

Jesus proved his claim that he is the to God. The other religious leaders did not prove their claims.

Jesus lived a sinless life but other religious leaders were all sinners.

Jesus was born without the agency of man but other religious leaders were born like every other person.

Jesus performed matchless miracles. Other religious leaders could not perform miracles that could match that of Jesus.

Jesus is the only one who lived who made claims that no other human ever made till date. For instance he said:

1. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life - John 3:16.

2. I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me - John 14:6

He always called God his father. Others called him God.

He told the Jews he was before Abraham. This proves his pre existence.

He also said that he is the I Am. The same phrase God used to introduce himself to Moses.

He predicted his own death and resurrection and it happened just that way.

He is risen and still alive. Other religious leaders are all dead.

I could go on and on.

Only a fool will see all these facts and still don't know who is the Saviour.

Just ask him to come into your life today and you will be saved.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ?? by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
JohnNgene:
How?

Religion going away doesn't mean that there won't always be about 100,000 (one hundred thousand) people who believe in religion in different parts of the world o! Lol. Religion going away means that religion will become very unattractive to at least 90% of people in the world.
When?
I predict that from the year 2080, religion will begin to be seen as a joke and an insult to people's intelligence
So you are saying almost none of us --- current nairalanders --- will be here at that time to see it happen is what you are saying then. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Hilarious Name Of This Church(Run for your life int chapel ) / Sunny Leone Pics Of Holi 2016 / 78 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.