Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? (14732 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You / 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by tommysparks: 12:28am On Jan 27, 2016
Different strokes for different folks
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by DedeNkem: 9:26am On Jan 27, 2016
jeffucee10:

You are not born again so you don’t have a say …. Quote me anywhere but if you must have a say then accept Jesus into your life, only then can you understand the notion of marriage from his own point of view as the Creator of Heaven and Earth. then you will know that it’s a complete No for a woman to attained a different church from that of her husband. Any woman who does such is insubordinate and will bring the downfall of that family.

No, the downfall is in your family.

I don't normally like to argue with brain-washed religious nuts because it's hard to have a logical discussion with a science illiterate.

Religion is a total fiction. Science is true, whether you believe in it or not.
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by MrPresident1: 9:54am On Jan 27, 2016
Ishilove:

Times have changed, you say, but I did not change with the times. I am still my parents daughter, after all smiley

There won't be a marriage to start with if there is no agreement to allow each other freedom to express our spiritual/religious preferences. If hubby-to-be won't accept, then it means we aren't meant to be, so no marriage. These things are best hashed out before marriage.

No one, not even my dearly beloved parents can force me to adopt doctrines or go to a church my spirit doesn't agree with. If my parents, who have always had a very strong influence in my life, can't force me, is it a man who isn't related to me?

That's how I was brought up smiley

You are an integral part of an ever evolving society, perhaps, you can stem the tide of societal evolution in your personal life only (and in your marriage) if you are able to connect with someone who has the same worldview as yourself, in that case, troglodyte don jam troglodyte wink, life will be happy and blissful.

But, even if you agree on all things before marriage, sometimes the realities of marriage may force some readjustments to be made on earlier agreements, if it is mutual, beautiful, if it is not mutual, you will have to submit in love grin.

But you are funny o, you cannot have any spiritual preference outside your head, your husband, your husband will determine the spiritual direction in your home, and it is far far far better if both of you are building your family on the same values (or doctrines), otherwise, there is bound to be confusion. Actually, your husband will have a stronger influence over your life than your parents, he will be more related with you than your parents, in marriage. wink
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by Ishilove: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
MrPresident1:

You are an integral part of an ever evolving society, perhaps, you can stem the tide of societal evolution in your personal life only (and in your marriage) if you are able to connect with someone who has the same worldview as yourself, in that case, troglodyte don jam troglodyte wink, life will be happy and blissful.

But, even if you agree on all things before marriage, sometimes the realities of marriage may force some readjustments to be made on earlier agreements, if it is mutual, beautiful, if it is not mutual, you will have to submit in love grin.

But you are funny o, you cannot have any spiritual preference outside your head, your husband, your husband will determine the spiritual direction in your home, and it is far far far better if both of you are building your family on the same values (or doctrines), otherwise, there is bound to be confusion. Actually, your husband will have a stronger influence over your life than your parents, he will be more related with you than your parents, in marriage. wink
Christ is my spiritual head, and yes, you are correct, he may have a stronger influence over my life than my parents, but when it comes to spiritual matters, only the Holy Spirit can influence me. Yes he will be the driving force on religious matters in our home, but hell no, I will go where I choose cheesy

I no dey use my spiritual well being joke. That's why I will keep praying for someone who shares my world view grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by MrPresident1: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Christ is my spiritual head, and yes, you are correct, he may have a stronger influence over my life than my parents, but when it comes to spiritual matters, only the Holy Spirit can influence me. Yes he will be the driving force on religious matters in our home, but hell no, I will go where I choose cheesy

I no dey use my spiritual well being joke. That's why I will keep praying for someone who shares my world view grin

There's nothing like it! kiss
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by Ishilove: 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
MrPresident1:

There's nothing like it! kiss
Nothing like someone who shares my world view? angry

Or nothing as great as someone who shares my world view? cheesy
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by MrPresident1: 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Nothing like someone who shares my world view? angry

Or nothing as great as someone who shares my world view? cheesy

grin

ROTFL! Maybe your world view is too anachronistic for this jet age cheesy

Of course I meant the second one wink Male and female created He them.
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by Ishilove: 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
MrPresident1:

grin

ROTFL! Maybe your world view is too anachronistic for this jet age cheesy

Of course I meant the second one wink Male and female created He them.
Stand for what is right, even if you stand alone wink

Y'all need to open up your minds to a world of endless possiblities cheesy
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by tommysparks: 7:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
I just pity mankind, for centuries religious divisions have plagued mankind and instead of a solution it's just continuous confusion and continuous division with every new church that springs up, every new preacher, every new spiritual leader, every new religion and it's gonna continue until the end of time. For me I only ask God to remember my face and save me a place in his mansion
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by MrPresident1: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Stand for what is right, even if you stand alone wink

Y'all need to open up your minds to a world of endless possiblities cheesy

How about all those threads I open that no one can make a head of shocked? lol, ain't those evidence enough that I hold no fear to stand alone for what I know is right? wink
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by Ishilove: 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
MrPresident1:

How about all those threads I open that no one can make a head of shocked? lol, ain't those evidence enough that I hold no fear to stand alone for what I know is right? wink
My dear, those threads are strictly O.Y.O. You and your kingdom are left in blissful mystery cheesy

We just come in, chook head, greet you and continue on our merry way to the farm grin
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by MrPresident1: 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear, those threads are strictly O.Y.O. You and your kingdom are left in blissful mystery cheesy

We just come in, chook head, greet you and continue on our merry way to the farm grin

Ishi, everyman will wake up in his own order, but Christ is the firstfruits. wink

We will all get to understand eventually, YAH has promised that the dry bones will rise again. His promise are infallible, inviolable, sacred and bankable, you can actually use His Word as collateral to collect loan from Worldbank cheesy cool
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by fruitfulhome: 9:13pm On May 04, 2016
Hello every1. Plz let me reawakenbthis topic. I need a candid advice.

I and hubby are from different church b4 we got married. ( i wished earnestly to marry from my church or a church with similar doctrine.) I had reservation about his church but I tot it was something I could cope with since it was same Pentecostal church. I'm not saying my church is generally perfect. I & hubby were in different States wen we started talking marriage. I only came to be in same town to perfect the proposal, arrangement and wedding proper. Another thing is that hubby parents have serious influence over him and siblings including forcing them to join them to church. I wasn't aware of this b4 marriage and I didn't tink it shd extend to a married son of his. They generally liked (s) Modern churches cos of their worship, word and service time. so thy do sneak to those churches esp wen Father in Law isn't around. My hubby is a little above 30 years.

Now instead of calling off the marriage (I'm almost regretting for not), thought I could cope. But this church practice is quite and way far from my thoughts. Let me highlight few problems.
-The church closes very late because basically every Sunday they have things aside the church schedule. sometimes we stay till 2-3pm.
- Amost every Sunday they make altar call for pple who can donate certain amount of money for different needs.
- I have only been in that church for 1 year plus but I have witnessed 3 building launching. The last one letters or accessment were written to families and we were asked to either pay all or go about asking pple to assist with what we are accessed u ntill we pay up. I was accessed 100k, I'm sure they are aware I'm not working b4 but they dont care. they even accessed a very elderly man 50k he had to stand to say he has no job but he I'll look for a way to assist.
- During launching or projects, there is always open competition amongst members esp the rich. They call big big money and u see the less privilege feeling humiliated at the back. they keep recalling wen they asked for assistance. In fact, just as they are about to start, some who don't like the practice start going home without the word or "the grace"
-They always send us messages for contribution e.g, Pastors wife kitchen, rent for a news branch of church, money to buy land, projects. they already have more than 3 plots were the church is with mighty structure
-Because I hav always been a worker even while at school, decided to join children dept to avoid
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by fruitfulhome: 9:31pm On May 04, 2016
?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by tommysparks: 2:51pm On May 07, 2016
Sorry for your predicament, you just have to live wit it or keep trying to talk to your husband to change church. Church differences h destroyed more marriages and relationships than infidelity
Re: What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? by sammiedata: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
i think i'm still battling with this...
woh sud i do...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. / How To Decode A Person Possessed With Marine Spirit. / Share Your Testimonies. See mine. Photo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.