Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,096 members, 7,913,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 07:12 PM

Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. (1831 Views)

What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? / How To Delete A Story About Yourself From Google Search / [finally] How To Delete Nairaland Account Or Change Your Username (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sometimes i feel Nland is like kirikiri. I know some of us must have had the urge to start everything afresh, that is, a new NL username, new ID and the rest but NL refused us that freedom which i think is very unfair. I was lead to believe the only reason the option of deleting one's account is unavailable is because they will be at loss that registered members will tend to decrease. I am greatly disappointed in their lack of confidence then. I love NL to say the truth but i feel i am being deprived of something important to my privacy. Why cant i choose what happens to my account? Anyone else with same thought? #I dey vex BigTime
Re: Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Go to "Edit profile" and you'll see the deactivate option there at the bottom of the page.
Re: Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
I just saw "deactivate account and update profile i deactivated my account once and couldn't get it back. Lost my gmail account usage in the process.
Re: Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
ILoveMakonen:
I just saw "deactivate account and update profile i deactivated my account once and couldn't get it back. Lost my gmail account usage in the process.
What are you saying? You're complaining you can't delete your account. Somebody else showed you how but now you're complaining you'd lose your account.
My friend, comot road if you're not ready to take advice.
Re: Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
charix:

What are you saying? You're complaining you can't delete your account. Somebody else showed you how but now you're complaining you'd lose your account.
My friend, comot road if you're not ready to take advice.
Try it and tell me if you can make use of your gmail account for the second time.
Re: Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
ILoveMakonen:
Try it and tell me if you can make use of your gmail account for the second time.
You still'vn't deleted this account?!
Let me tell you a trick: when you choose to create a new nairaland ID, go to 10min/20min or even 30 minute email services and link the newly created address to your account. You'd never receive spam email again. Shikena.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. by Ogeam(m): 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
You can initiate your right to be forgotten under NDPR. Nairaland should make the feature available.

I am also trying to delete my account to reduce my footprint online

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Design Your Website For Cool Price / Javascript A Home / Webmaster/programmer Required To Complete This Bulk Sms Web design Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.