Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,893 members, 7,933,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:37 AM

Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects (30146 Views)

Governor Dickson Visits Fayose, Inspects Ongoing Projects In Ekiti With Him / Newly Rehabilitated Brown Street, Oshodi By Lagos State Government / FG Owes 16 States N580bn On Rehabilitated Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by wristbangle: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
Lovely. cool
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by tsdarkside(m): 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
chaii...look how many able man are standing and watching..............

nigeria has a hugh man-power-force....if we can channel this,we will be in peace....

everybody needs a job...if we achieve employing this youths,their shall be no limit to nigerian progress....

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Babaji111(m): 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
Good. By what I saw, it seems like the city was abandoned by the previous governments. Carry Gooo..Ikpeazu or wetin him name be ma sef? grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
stolen mandate, sorry undecided

Anyone who becomes governor after TA Orji and does not perform so little a responsibility as building roads is dumb

Please stop celebrating mediocrity....go to oyo state and anambra and stop making noise! sad

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by callJesu: 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
Something is coming up, Nigeria will get there
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Abagworo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
tooltip:
stolen mandate, sorry undecided

Anyone who becomes governor after TA Orji and does not perform so little a responsibility as building roads is dumb

Please stop celebrating mediocrity....go to oyo state and anambra and stop making noise! sad

Are those States better? Appreciate what has been done and expect more instead of looking for ways to belittle efforts.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Eluwilussit(m): 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ponponkon:
Mynd44 and lalasticlala this is Echefu by Asa road in Aba where prospective economic business activities had gone worriisome over the years because of it's poor state of road but today the story has change as Gov.Okezie Victor Ikpeazu ph.D who's mission is to rebuild and restore Aba back to it's formal glory but in a more diversified economic approch

Please Nairalanders out there, can anybody tell me why TA Orji abandoned Aba? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by biteck(m): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ponponkon:
Mynd44 and lalasticlala this is Echefu by Asa road in Aba where prospective economic business activities had gone worriisome over the years because of it's poor state of road but today the story has change as Gov.Okezie Victor Ikpeazu ph.D who's mission is to rebuild and restore Aba back to it's formal glory but in a more diversified economic approch

Sir, this English is tough oh.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2016
Abagworo abeg I respect you too much to try to get into an E-fight with you

Nna m ebiela m na Aba since a murum...e dey pain me die angry...it's obvious that okezie ikpeazu is just trying to buy the hearts of the people so as to win the election re-runs.

Don't blame me but I will not be able to trust anybody T.A Orji endorsed... We need good policies, foreign investment and other relevant infrastructure and not just roads.

Applauding the recent development is tantamount to celebrating mediocrity afterall okezie ikpeazu was ASEPA's Director general yet the stench in Aba stunk to the high heavens

Abagworo:

Are those States better? Appreciate what has been done and expect more instead of looking for ways to belittle efforts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by 9japrof(m): 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
kudos to all those in aba, I heard about the rehabilitation of aba roads and I pray and ask God, let it be for real. Aba would always remain ma roots(ma parents and younger siblings are still there). I grew up in aba, schooled and did ma tertiary in aba. Relocated and stayed back in the north when I went for service in 2013.

T.A. Orji remains the worst governor in abia state till date, the scumbag did practically nothing but to loot abia state dry and I bet you those having reservations about this ikpeazu of a guy are because it was t.a orji that selected him. Besides how many roads last in aba. Ranging from Orji Uzo to T.A Orji all built roads that did not last up to six months before they packed up again. My greatest anger goes to T.A Orji the bastard that practically destroyed good roads in aba(built in the eighties by mbakwe )in the name of upgrading it.

My reservation about this roads is that it definitely would not last. Before the ass lickers would come for my head. the reasons are that 1. the tar thickness is small and wouldn't last. 2. Any serious government that would govern in aba must practically look into drainage system in aba. It is practically non existent, any fifteen minutes rain in aba gets the whole place flooded and makes the roads break down at will. 3. A lot of illegal structures must go to make way for good drainage system and to give the state a good facelift

Until this government take the drainage situation in aba serious, nothing good would come out of the rehabilitation.

Anyway kudos to his efforts and pray it is sustained. I am also a believer that not everything can be done once, it can only be done gradually.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by 2plus2: 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
This is a welcome development. Gov. Okezie Victor should well done, however where I'm more concern about is the quality of these projects. I want to believe they can stand the test of time and the contracts are not over bloated. For true Aba is in dire need of massive road rehabilitation. If only previous government have done the needful maybe, just maybe, His Excellence will be tackling other developmental issues such as industrialisation and human capital advancement. I wish Abains the best under Gov Okezie Victor.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Rossikk(m): 7:20pm On Jan 25, 2016
I haven't seen a single pedestrian sidewalk on any of these roads. But loads of primitive open drains are in full view. Pure sub-standard garbage if you ask me. The people who approve these constructions need to be rounded up and publicly flogged, including the so-called governor.

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Allwility: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
I am surprised when people talk of a stolen mandate in Abia state. The fact your family members and friends voted a particular candidate doesn't mean the entire state voted along the same line. Abeg all those guys talking about a stolen mandate should leave judgement for the judges. If you want the government seat come and get it. Rubbish!

Having said that, I'm disgusted that a certain group of people hate Mr Ikpeazu. Their grouse stems on nothing else other than tribalism. Let's take a look at how things started.

Orji Uzor Kalu and his mother rubbished the state. I can still remember the impunity and lawlessness while he ruled. The level of corruption and embezzling of funds no get part two.

Next, TA Orji took corruption to the next level. I mean that guy didn't even touch a road in Aba. These are guys EFCC should be after.

And now Mr Ikpeazu enters and is working and you still see people sneering. Abeg ungrateful elements give kudos to someone carrying out infrastructural development even with the high cost of dollar.

Abians should tell themselves the truth. They don't like this guy not because of his party but because of where he comes from and that to me is bull crap!!!! If in doubt, ask yourself this question: why is OUK still revered despite the fact he installed TA Orji the bad guy??

I'm no fan of PDP...not even an APC supporter cos I don't believe in such unholy marriages. I am a core ACN supporter who believes in the policies of the great Awo. So quote me at your own risk.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by nwadiuko1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ponponkon:
Ngbaghari nka nku gbuo o, onu he nkpoliri mkpekele elu. Ya mara gho nma nwannem
udo ndi
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by dechiome(m): 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2016
Okezie Ikpeazu till 2023. No amount of kangaroo judgements procured with bank stolen money will reverse the people's mandat. If you are not happy with that reality... Pls look for a well energized transformer nearby. For your info...Nobody can be elected Governor of Abia state without NGWA vote...Time to face reality.

[/quote]
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by peleson: 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ponponkon:
Remember one nairalander Pelson or peltson posted pictures of dilapidated oobohia road one month ago, well, governo Ikpeazu has made sure construction commences immediately especially at Obohia and Ibere road where some buildings took almost half of the road. OVI is working.picture no dey lie

Please not that the three roads flaged-off , the cement technology road construction will be used with focus on boasting economic activities in the area which links the Nkwongwa market, New market and Semetary market all in that axis of economic commercialization and the are Ohazu / Ozumba and Ibere by Ohanku road down to Portharcourt road Aba
Perhaps what I posted about the roads in ohanku n obohia/ ph road is yielding results. Also note that due to travellers especially night travellers, roads like milverton require street lights. Good to see. I want to see ur government take this seriously. I am coming to take more pictures. Remind him to establish government presence in ibeme/obete-ukwu/abala, asumini. These areas need good roads and nollywood village and measuem / gd htels for creative arts activity to help position the city for investment that will create jobs n packages for tv programmes. Ponponkon, I won't stp tackling u n ur governor until excellence is achieved! I'm coming to take more pictures

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by peleson: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ponponkon:
PH road is FG road. Uratta has been awarded work would commence soon
Does ikpeazu have problems with Emeka wogu? Why has he left out his part of town for road construction?
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by ijebu2020: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ponponkon....or what is ur Monicker self.........ure claiming BIAFRAN..Yet ure using NAIRALAND FORUM founded by a Nigerian....then uve some problems ooo..well the truth is ONE NIGERIA 4LIFE.......If ur past generations cant achieve BIAFRA...U and the rest like you cant ever achieve it..it remains a dream cos in one NIGERIA we stand and belive...there are several ways and means to address issues..b t political ,financial etc....
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Ponponkon: 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
peleson:

Does ikpeazu have problems with Emeka wogu? Why has he left out his part of town for road construction?
Ikpeazu doesn't have any problem with Dede Emeka, all the roads cannot be fixed at once.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by kachnov(m): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nice one...God bless Abia.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Ponponkon: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2016
peleson:

Perhaps what I posted about the roads in ohanku n obohia/ ph road is yielding results. Also note that due to travellers especially night travellers, roads like milverton require street lights. Good to see. I want to see ur government take this seriously. I am coming to take more pictures. Remind him to establish government presence in ibeme/obete-ukwu/abala, asumini. These areas need good roads and nollywood village and measuem / gd htels for creative arts activity to help position the city for investment that will create jobs n packages for tv programmes. Ponponkon, I won't stp tackling u n ur governor until excellence is achieved! I'm coming to take more pictures
Hmmm Ibeme that Dr Ikpeazu just gave electricity is not getting attention? Nwanne kwuo kwa ke ima o. Are you aware that international medical experts are in Abia now to sign MoU with the State? Bros we welcome every positive and constructive criticism.Fire on
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Bom4Real: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ikpeazu started This constructions because He Knows He will Be Going and will Account For THE billions of loan THey took,No matter What He does He Must go.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Otherique: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Bom4Real:
Ikpeazu started This constructions because He Knows He will Be Going and will Account For THE billions of loan THey took,No matter What He does He Must go.

Your kind disgusts me.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Ponponkon: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2016
outlandra:
but cant you guys do something about the road (ph road).
We shall soon be there bro. The honourable commissioner of works has received so many complaints concerning the road, If FG fails to react, Ikpeazu will move in to do it. It has not been easy building almost every road from scratch.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Ponponkon: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
ijebu2020:
Ponponkon....or what is ur Monicker self.........ure claiming BIAFRAN..Yet ure using NAIRALAND FORUM founded by a Nigerian....then uve some problems ooo..well the truth is ONE NIGERIA 4LIFE.......If ur past generations cant achieve BIAFRA...U and the rest like you cant ever achieve it..it remains a dream cos in one NIGERIA we stand and belive...there are several ways and means to address issues..b t political ,financial etc....
Onye mepera onye a gate? Wetin u go talk say I do u now

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by CaptPlanet(m): 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2016
asha80:
aba not abia..aba is actually as planned if not more planned than owerri but like you said previous governments were just trash

I swear! Aba is so planned that you can actually walk to anywhere u want with short cuts. I had my secondary education at ogbor hill....during mid terms, we walked home to faulks road via short cuts.

Went to ariaria via short-cuts, even Aba-owerri road and porthacourt road all from omuma road via short cuts.

The past governors of that state should be arrested and jailed.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Divmoore119(m): 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Did Ikpeazu borrow money to be building these roads?
See question,you think say abia state no get money,you know how much ochendo collate 4rm abia state b4 steping down.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
tooltip:

Applauding the recent development is tantamount to celebrating mediocrity afterall okezie ikpeazu was ASEPA's Director general yet the stench in Aba stunk to the high heavens

Stop this nonsense expression of hate for Ikpeazu.

Otti went for T. A. Orji's endorsement and failed, he was also the banker for Abia State under T. A. hence your submissions are nonsense.

Btw, Ikpeazu wasn't director of ASEPA at any time rather a deputy with no leverage for policy determination.
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by babydioku(f): 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
Crap
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by Nuells: 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
T A Orji and his son lkuku should not only be killed but thrown into the den of Lions. What Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by phrankchek(m): 11:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
EasternLion:

Broh, forget, enjoy ur own part of the largese from govt of the day, soon u go embrace the spirit for the land of the rising sun.

Onye m, one day, just one day, I was once 'a One Nigeria defender', i used to fight people who say against Nigeria.

okk...that time u were enjoying "part of the largese from gov't of that day"??
Re: Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects by phrankchek(m): 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ponponkon:
I WILL SHOW ABIANS WHAT GOOD GOVERNANCE IS ALL ABOUT--- Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu.
We have not done Everything, but we have done Something.. This is the little we have achieved within 7 months in office... ALL GLORY TO GOD ---
1 Owerri road - completed with cement concrete technology.
2 Umuola Road - completed.
3 Ommne drive - completed.
4 Kamalu road - completed.
5 Umule road - near completion.
6 Ochefu road - near completion.
7 Omuma road - under construction.
8 Old Express road - dualized and under construction.
9 East Street - completed.
10 Emelogu road - almost completed.
11 Park Road - completed.
12 Ngwa Road East end - under construction.
13 Pound Road - completed.
14 St Michaels Road - completed
15 Adazi Street - completed.
16 Ube Road - completed.
17 George's street - completed.
18 Jubilee Road - under construction.
19 hospital Road - under construction.
20 Eziukwu Road - under construction.
21 Ukaegbu Road - under construction.
22 Ehi Road - under construction.
23 Udegbala Road - under construction.
24 Eastern union Road of SDA road - completed.
25 weeks Road - under construction.
26 Milverton evenue - almost completed.
27 Yorks street - almost completed.
28 Ehere Road - under construction.
29 Umuobiakwa - owo ahiafor - onitsha Ngwa road - under construction.
30 Itukpa - osaa - ohuru - Nkwowelechi junction - under construction.
31 Aba - Obikabia road - under construction.
32 Umuocham Road - completed.
33 Umuimo Road - completed.
34 Okon - Ohafia transit bridge - completed.
35 Umu - imenyi Erosion control project.
36 Isiukwuato Road - under construction.
37 world Bank Road network - under construction.
38 Dualization of Ururuka road- under construction.
39 Kaduna street - completed
40 Niger street- completed.
41 Enuc road- completed
Flagged off roads about to start construction before March!
1 Uratta Road
2 Ozuomba Road
3 Ohazu Road
4 Faulks Road
5 Ibere Road
6 Obohia
Outside Road constructions!
1 cleared 2 Billion Naira owed by Abia poly to banks.
2 Dredging of Aba water side- ongoing.
3 Regrassing of Enyimba stadium.
4 Donation of security vehicles to security agencies.
5 cleared the backlog of salaries(over 5 months) of Abia state university teaching hospital that made them go on strike for over 7months.
THINKING OF INVESTING IN NIGERIA? THEN THINK ABIA STATE... Together We Can !!!

clifford road by ube street that stadium road the pot holes is too much oo....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Supporters Reject ‘plot’ For Consensus / Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks / Fayose, Fayemi Meet Again (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.