Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,170 members, 7,903,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

BEWARE!!! New Job Scam - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / BEWARE!!! New Job Scam (1120 Views)

8 Tips To Help You Avoid A Job Scam / Updated-New Job Vacancies / Nairalanders Epic reply to a UAE Job scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by yemmitedot: 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nairalanders should be aware of this new strategy used by scammers on unsuspecting job seekers.
They post fake vacancy with some email addresses to send your CV.
They then print out your CV and call your correspondence on it, that you came to edit your CV in their shop and that you went away with their laptop. And threaten to trace you to your address. This is real, it's presently happening to me.
Pls beware!!!!!

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
yemmitedot:
Nairalanders should be aware of this new strategy used by scammers on unsuspecting job seekers.
They then print out your CV and call your correspondence on it, that you came to edit your CV in their shop and that you went away with their laptop. And threaten to trace you to your address. This is real, it's presently happening to me.
Pls beware!!!!!
Noted... We will not fall victims by the grace of Baba God
Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
yemmitedot:
Pls beware!!!!!
Noted... May God punish those who want to take advantage of us by exploiting us even when we are yet to get jobs in dz economic hardship.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by Yeahreen(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Chaiii, Naija I hail cry cry
Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by eckk: 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Report to the police or mopol and get them arrested
Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by Kachi188(m): 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
That is why it is not recommended to put personal/contact details of your referees on your C.V. You can't guarantee how far it will travel or the motives of the people who access it.
It is better to put "to be provided on request" and then have it handy in case you are called for an interview.

3 Likes

Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by nenergy(m): 12:31am On Jan 25, 2016
Kachi188:
That is why it is not recommended to put personal/contact details of your referees on your C.V. You can't guarantee how far it will travel or the motives of the people who access it.
It is better to put "to be provided on request" and then have it handy in case you are called for a interview.
I've since removed mine. Many of my CV clients argue about it, but I explain and they understand.
Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by nenergy(m): 12:32am On Jan 25, 2016
yemmitedot:
Pls beware!!!!!
My question is;

1. How did they intend to extort money from you?
2. How dib you manage to get them off your back, or are they still calling you?
Re: BEWARE!!! New Job Scam by nenergy(m): 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
yemmitedot:
Pls beware!!!!!
Guy, updates please.

(1) (Reply)

. / Medical Representative At Nestle / Vacancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.