Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,018 members, 7,896,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:25 AM

Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card (667 Views)

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by mimibright(m): 12:02am On Jan 25, 2016
I recently discovered my friend who's a wealthy business man withdraw money before me and checked his balance with an ATM and woo lots of money in their. I advised him to dispose the card for security reasons (kidnapping and robbery). He could be kidnapped and kept for weeks till the entire money is withdrawn via ATM. He told me the kind of business he does runs in millions per transaction and he doesn't accept cash payment but bank transfer, so the ATM card is to confirm payment. Pls what other alternative can one use to confirm payment fast and accurately.
Re: Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by ITbomb(m): 12:11am On Jan 25, 2016
I will tell you what I do

I have a First Bank atm card with a damaged chip, so I don't withdraw. All I need is the pin and numbers then go on Quickteller website as well as the bank's online banking facilities to do biz. I even have the necessary numbers stored and encrypted so that I don't have to move around with the card

Then any runaround money that I need, I make a transfer to another account which I have a functioning atm card which I then go and withdraw from.
Re: Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by Atesunate15(m): 12:18am On Jan 25, 2016
Activating sms and email update will save the stress
Re: Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by Greatzeus(m): 12:54am On Jan 25, 2016
So ATM is for who are not millionaires undecided it's called automated teller that is doing the work human bank tellers would do but anywhere and at anytime,it has nothing to do with how much is in there

1 Like

Re: Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by mimibright(m): 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
Atesunate15:
Activating sms and email update will save the stress
Yes this is a good option but am sure you've heard of fraudulent alerts whereby the crime is committed with someone working in your bank who sends ur account balance to the scammer. All the scammer needs is your phone number and an insider of your bank. Cases like this happen in alaba.
Re: Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
It doesn't matter.. Having an debit card does not pose threats to your funds. Even if its stolen, you have a PIN. Nothing can be done without it. And even if they know your PIN they cannot remove your millions over night. There is a maximum of N150k per day. So you may loose 150k only. (f you report to your bank on time)
Re: Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by EnterPRO: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
some banks have special USSD codes you can use to check your balance.

some have IVR lines you can call to get your transaction history too.

he can as well install the bank app on his phone and password it.
Re: Should A Bank Account Holder Having Millions In Account Have An ATM Card by mimibright(m): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
EnterPRO:
some banks have special USSD codes you can use to check your balance.

some have IVR lines you can call to get your transaction history too.

he can as well install the bank app on his phone and password it.
okay thank you very much. I will ask customer care about this. Thanks everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need The Exchange Rate Urgently (diamond Bank) / OIL PRICE HITS $48- Friday 29th April 2016 / Naira Depreciates Further Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.