Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,124 members, 7,896,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:11 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (73023 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 11:07am On Mar 20, 2009
@urfriend

As you may well know from my postings, I am not a HiTV Subsciber. Don't you think it wise to communicate information to your subscibers direct rather than use this forum. The reason is that I as a person would be scared to subscibe to Hitv because of all the hassles of having to rescan decoders all the time. The process also does not appear easy as subscibers ask each other what to do in this forum. Did you not give the subscibers a manual on what to do when you sold them the decoders? You also come handy advising subscibers to visit dealers and agents to rescan decoders!!!!! Why all the hassles? Then there is the frequent complaint of poor signals, no audio on some channels, etc. Did you rush to the market berfore prefecting technical matters all because of football?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 11:44am On Mar 20, 2009
Hi Oyibn,

Well if you checked the site you will see that the message as been there for over 2 weeks now,text messages were sent to subscribers on what to do and also the message was scrolled on the screen for almost 2 weeks.So if anyone tells you we didn't tell or inform them,that is not true.

The main purpose of the channel rearrangement has been 80% met (e.g;subtitling,teletext,clean picture quality,better audio,etc).

HiTV over the past 2 weeks as used and is using any forum or means to reachout to it's many subscribers e.g facebook,nairaland,etc.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2009
@urfriend

Thanks for the info.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2009
@urfriend.

It's way to early to pass a reasonable judgement on the channels. Let watch for a month on how stable they are, then we can give reasonable opinion. Anyway for now there is a big improvement in the visuals.

Peeps that have been following this thread will testify that i've always argued that the best way for Hitv to solve the visual problem is to shuffle (re-arrange) the channels among the two frequencies (11900 and 12130). Now I've been proved right!! cool

Am not a big fan of anime, so I will keep quiet on that, let fans comment.

To really make someone like me happy, give us a really good 24hrs movie channel and try bring back CNN and possibly Al-jazzera to balance the views. wink
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2009
@illugunboy

Agree with you. Hitv will have to do a lot of balancing. The news channels they have are not balanced. Fox News and Sky News belong to the same stable - owned by the same person. For me, CNN is a must for any cable company I will subscribe to. Al Jazeera is a must because I like to listen to balanced news reporting. Discovery World is not enough for me in the area of documentaries. At the moment, Hitv's programming is not balanced.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ all,

Has i said before,as we sign new channels i will inform you all.

Note that channels are not signed over night.the terms as to be OK for both party.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2009
@Oyinb.

Have been following your comment close to some time now with keen intrest, all what you have been saying about HITV are Ok but not until the last two post you posted which i disagree with you a bit. On the channels, urfriend is very right in that area cos its not a day job to add channels. There are process to follow from the end of HITV and the orignated channel owner. Secondly, If you are not a subscriber to HITV why asking for more like an oliver twist. My adage says the GREATEST WEAPON A MAN MUST HAVE IS TRUTH. Afterall no one is going to hold you if you dont subscribe or rather if you are a subscriber to HITV. Futher more i realy like the way you have been tackling the issue.
Cheers
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
@all

its good hitv seems to b makin an effort to put customer service on d front burner.we commend d addition of channels at least it gives one variety to watch or flip past as d case may b.however efforts must b made to add those koko channels we all crave for, 1 quality movie channel, maybe anoda documentary channel etc.anime probably has its fans so good for them.d more d merrier.

cheers,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by dehning(m): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2009
@urfriend. Thanks for all the info.Pls how can i view teletext,my tv does not have a teletext button and i use a strong decoder
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2009
HI,

PRESS THE TEXT BUTTON ON YOUR STRONG REMOTE ON BBC WORLDNEWS
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by vicgeorge(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2009
what is teletext what does that mean the bbc is not showing normaly when should we be expecting the new channel and epg eletronic program guide.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mygee33(m): 8:39am On Mar 21, 2009
@Urfriend
I hope the system re arranement is not affecting the payment and activation system, cause i paid in Gtb bank Owerri sisnce 8 am yesterday and up till now my tv has been on descrambling.
SC no 017100805211
i only hope that maybe before i finish typing this it will come on. I need to watch whatz on EPL this weekend.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mygee33(m): 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2009
mygee33:

@Urfriend
I hope the system re arranement is not affecting the payment and activation system, cause i paid in Gtb bank Owerri sisnce 8 am yesterday and up till now my tv has been on descrambling.
SC no 017100805211
i only hope that maybe before i finish typing this it will come on. I need to watch whatz on EPL this weekend.
okay,

I rescaned the machine and it worked
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mjay(m): 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2009
Hey guys I need the HITV card and the DSTV card to buy immediately. if anyone got any of the card for sale pls holla. 08098093741
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2009
@all

happi nu week!i adjusted me dish dis weekend and was able to really view d post re-arrangement hitv channels for probably d first time.d qlity i have to confess is really cool.even d old movies of hi mix/hikids have crystal pictures, kudos to dem for that.now about dem nu channels, grin m sure u understand,

@ilugun

omo i had to finally do d koko myself o.imagine installer wan collect 3k for just adjustment.na im i employ madam make she dey check tv while me begin move dish o.small time na VOILA!d thing just cost me small suya, cool.hw u dey?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 9:31am On Mar 23, 2009
@bami201

Yes you are right, I am not a subsciber to Hitv. However every customer looks for the best at low cost. I am with DSTV because what they are offering is good. However they are very exploitative and if there is another good cable company, of course I will switch. I was very hopeful for Daar Sat. I was not too bothered about the football aspect. But after reading soloqy's comments in addition to other bloggers, it would appear that they have not gotten their acts together yet. As for Hitv my comments are geared towards what would make me subscibe to them. However I can understand their constraints as they are basically a football cable company. There is nothing wrong with that. If they had wanted to be a complete cable company like DSTV they would have gotten the balance in programmes right from day one.

Of course channels are not added in a day, it takes time. However I am not expecting them to add the channels that would appeal to me because it is not a question of time frame as you portray but funds. These quality channels cost money. There is no way the subsciption will remain at R4000 with the addition of new channels . The company will want to freeze the subsciption at N4000 to attract more subscibers, hence I am not expecting good quality channels from them in the near future.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 23, 2009
Hi guys.

For the very first time in a long while, I enjoyed watching crystal clear pictures on the hi-channels over the weekend. Watching all the football was simply a delight!.

Will guys join me to say three Gbosas to Hitv?, Gbosa!, Gbosa!!, Gbosa!!. More grease to their elbow.

@makuraid,

brov, you tried sha!, this wan wey you dey stress madam anyhow grin. Mine no go gree!. Anyway it's all good! grin. Have a fulfilling week.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2009
@Oyibn

The truth is that we can not compear HITV with DSTV interm of Channels now, but mind you they are trying to match up. Very soon you will find out that they will be adding some very good qaulity channels to there plat form. Dstv does not start adding qaulity channels from inception they too also listen to there subscriber before getting to where they are now.
Futher more i am not in support of you saying Hitv is a football base tv.They are trying to come up with other appealing channels, just like DSTV did when they came in to the country, there are channels that they levrage on to attract customer to subscribe to them. I can remeber that i use to watch 24hrs Discovery channel there then, that was so intresting and also the CNN news. Just like me am not a football freak but at times i watch some intresting football on HITV. I currently own both HITV and DSTV decorder, just for you to know that i sincearly know what am saying.

NB: Pls try and watch HITV channels of lately after this there upgrade you will understand where am comming from.There Picture qaulity can be compear to any pay Tv now.

@ urfriend
Pls something has to be done to this upgrade. Can't HITV put the upgrade software on there site for people to download and use to upgrade there decorder. I exprience something today with my boss Decorder, After calling the customer care of HITV where i was told that upgrading at any dealers place is free, i took the decorder there for upgrading only to be told that i have to pay N1000 before anything can be done.Well i was force to pay. Pls let there be something done on this aspect so that the dealers should not be capitalising on the recent channels upgrade which HITV just done.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2009
@bami201

It would be interesting to know which DSTV bouquets you subscibe to. The reason being that I can't understand why you have to subscibe to HITV also. If it because of football you can get it on DSTV. What is the attractyion for you on HITV? Just like you I am not a fanatic when it comes to football but I love to have the football channels just for the sakle of having them. I flip over from time to time to see the scores and watch 5 to 10 mins before rereturning to my news and documentary channels. The reason I pay close attention to Hitv and Daar Sat is to see the possibility of me switching. However none appeals to me at the moment. It would be interesting to know what you are getting on HITV that you can't get on DSTV. Or is it a case of patriotism?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 11:44am On Mar 24, 2009
Hi All,

A test audio channel as just been added on 12130 H 27500 called "radio HiTV".Watchout also more audio channels to be added soon.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2009
@urfiriend

saw it while blindscannin yesterday, hw does one access d radio hitv, tried using audio button but no show.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by const6(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2009
Press the Radio/TV button on top of the remote control (HITV Branded Decorder)

The button is the second from the left, it has a sign of music (stands for radio) and screen (stands for tv).

Enjoy
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2009
@CONST6

i use d strong decoder/remote control.hw does dt work?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2009
@ oyibn
I subscribe to the full bouquet of DSTV 9k. There is one particular channel that make me to subscribe to HITV, and thats AMULUDUN Station cos of my wife and not until recently that my kids fell in love with the new ANIMAX channel.
Honestly by the time you have a chance to view HITV channels very closely you will find out that they are comming of ages unlike when they started. There are some fooball matches that you can not avoid to miss which HITV relay while DSTV doesn't relay them.
Though am not a freak of football but there are times you will want to belong.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2009
@Bami201

I have some friends who subscibe to DSTV and HITV as well. Mainly because of the children. The children have HITV to themselves while the parents make do with DSTV. So do you think DSTV is feeling the heat due to the arrival of HITV and Daar Sat?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2009
Hi maskuraid,

press the TV/RAD button on your strong remote control to enjoy the audio channel while it's till free.

Hi Oyibn,

Yes Dstv is feeling the heat and watch out as more BIG changes are coming up on the HiTV platform (HiTV- relax,learn,enjoy).
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by coolguyz(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2009
OyinB
i guess its cos u nt a football fan or enjoy sports at all, cos even my sister dt aint a football freak cant deny enjoying d frenzy moments wt certain footbal matches. DSTV shows just 2 out of 10 matches of the week, dts enuf reason for some pple to subscribe to them.
likewise, the last tym my nieces came visiting, dey were glued to animax dt dey sacked me frm d living room. now they are bac to their houses and all dey cry into their dad's ears is ''dt cartoon channel (animax) we watched at uncle, 's place'', dia mum just told me dey intend subscribing for HiTv while dey drop dia current DSTV bouquet to family to satisfy everybody (dad+children vote for football and animax while dia mum vote for africa magic, hi nolly and amuludun)
another important point we shld look at is dt u need a joker to attract subscribers so dt u hv a l;ife-line to run ur day-to-day stuffs while chasing signing of new channels and dts wat hitv has done, with 12 best of football to ensure subscriptn still flows in and nigezie is now d common TV station in most eateries these days, i can guarantee dt with tym, Hitv would get dia acts more and the movies, reality and documentary channels we'v craved would be added on. (i'm sure hitv took its steps learning from the fall of FSTV and d rest dt went for channels dey thot will be seen as prime wtout getting enuf subscriber base first)
finally, its 2 years now and its already enuf to judge hitv bt we need commend dem, i bought it wen dey came out new and hv d strong decoder, not for once hv i done any upgrade. all i do is just scan and pronto, issues are sorted out. i pay thru GTB since, i dnt evemn knw where hitv is. i think dey hv tried on dt part of subscriptn paymnt wt d software dey implemented. they can only get better.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2009
@COOLGUYZ

I thought that DSTV launched a new sports channel recently available to all their subscibers to watch live football matches. A lot of noise was made about the new sports channel. So what is happening? My problem with DSTV is that they are not customer friendly. They believe in over-pricing. What I really hope for is another cable company that will be able to stand up to them by offering a substantive part of the channels they currently offer at a reduced rate say between N6,000 - N7,000 per month. That is what I call competition. That is why I was disappointed with Daar Sat. HITV is trying but they have a long way to go. My worry is if they are currently offering their current bouquet at N4, 000, how much will subscibers pay when they have the same number of channels DSTV is currently offering?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
urfriend:

Hi maskuraid,

press the TV/RAD button on your strong remote control to enjoy the audio channel while it's till free.

@urfriend

Does it mean we are going to be paying extra for any audio channels? You said we should enjoy it while its free. Is it not your content?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2009
And for those whose kids and nieces are clamouring for Animax, pls some sort of parantal control and guidance is needed.

Animax,(especially from early evening upwards) has a totally adult theme. Most of the films and series at those times are not suitable for kids.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by tollu: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2009

@tollu.

Nope, those channels will not pop up again, am certain about that.

Thanks Ilugunboy, the channels did not pop up again. Got a new radio station though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58) (Reply)

Top 50 Korean Dramas (Not In Order) / BBNAIJA: Man Caught Lusting As Tacha Twerked On Live TV / BbNaija Housemate, Kemen Disqualified And Evicted From The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.