Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,197 members, 7,919,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 02:29 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (73522 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
Hi All,

Sorry for the long break was very busy.

@Sology and Switched,

Those with strong decorder will need to upgrade their decorders.for those with the X-series you will have to do a USB Upgrade,while those with 4652 decorder will have to carry out a wire to wire upgrade.
If this upgrade is not carried out now you will not be able to watch those channels again,because our new activation system as been made more advanced.Shall soon post the software online,but please note that only those who know how to upgrade STRONG decorders should carry this out.
Sorry for any stress you may have gone through.Those with the HiTV Branded decorders need not worry them self,as this does not affect them.

@caspapa are you sure you upgraded your decorder and your smartcard is properly place well in the decorder,because i just checked and your account as been active since yesterday.check well
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Goldman08: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2009
Hi Urfriend,
Longest time but anyway welcome back to Naira land, I just paid for my subscription since about 3 hrs and i have been waiting to get activated, Please Urfriend,can you kindly assist your boy here,
Smart card Number: 017 1008 6478-8
Serial number on my slip : 711324
Branch :GTB Akowonjo Branch
Name : Michael Osagiede
Thanks my brother,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Goldman08: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2009
Urfriend,
I am still waiting for your brotherly help, Thanks and God bless you,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2009
@urfriend
Nice to see again. Pls do post the update soon so we can effect it. Thanks.
By the way, when do we get to see BET?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by squad1: 9:32am On Apr 22, 2009
@ Goldman08
go to www.ehlnigeria.com and fill the confirmation details by clicking on payment confirmation, ( I hope that will help), from the details u submitted, i would have filled if for u but your email address was not stated,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Goldman08: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2009
@urfriend @squad1
Thanks so much my brothers,i was activated about 6 pm yesterday evening and i really enjoyed watching my team playing last night, Thanks to Hitv,
Pls can i ask one question,why is it dat long for my smartcard to be activated for so long?I paid at about 11am and it took about 7 hours to activate my card,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by squad1: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2009
@Goldman
Ur own is even is even beta, my last payment it took up to 3 DAYS before i was activated (afta feeling d confirmation online form the 3rd day)
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2009
when is BET coming up?.
The months runing out o!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Goldman08: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2009
@squad1
Man,that's the worst,you mean you're activated 3 days after payment, I have never witnessed that before,i guess i'm lucky,
@urfriend
Customers have been asking when BET will be coming up?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by phizz: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2009
urfriend:

Hi All,

Sorry for the long break was very busy.

@Sology and Switched,

Those with strong decorder will need to upgrade their decorders.for those with the X-series you will have to do a USB Upgrade,while those with 4652 decorder will have to carry out a wire to wire upgrade.
If this upgrade is not carried out now you will not be able to watch those channels again,because our new activation system as been made more advanced.Shall soon post the software online,but please note that only those who know how to upgrade STRONG decorders should carry this out.
Sorry for any stress you may have gone through.Those with the HiTV Branded decorders need not worry them self,as this does not affect them.

@caspapa are you sure you upgraded your decorder and your smartcard is properly place well in the decorder,because i just checked and your account as been active since yesterday.check well

i think i would need a lesson, aw are we going to do the wire 2 wire upgrade (4652 decorder)
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Prince77: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
Ur friend, how are you.
Please help me with these activation, details below
Name: Adewumi Oluwasegun
Amount paid: #40000
Date: 24/04/09
Smart card Number: 017101328387
GTB Presidential Road, Enugu State.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Prince77: 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2009
[color=#006600]Ur friend, how are you.
Please help me with these activation, details below
Name: Adewumi Oluwasegun
Amount paid: #40000
Date: 24/04/09
Smart card Number: 017101328387
GTB Presidential Road, Enugu State.
Serial No of slip: 819323
[color=#000099][/color]
please kindly help me I need to watch match tommorow. thanks my brother
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2009
@Prince.

You can also get your activation done by logging here. by clicking on payment confirmation, you will fill in all the details and I can assure you that based on personal experience, you activation will come up very soon.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by luckiest: 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2009
Each time I pass along the Lekki Express Way just after Ozumba, I see this magnificent building called the 1004. God knows I can leave at the top floor without lift, the location and everything around the building makes me feel like leaving there.

Coming out from the Island I kept wondering why can't our government replicate these type of structure around the state and sell it to people and ensure that occupants pay a controlled price.

I even see us doing something better that the 1004, all due respect to Ajegunle residence I was born there so no disrespect; looking at AJ from the wideness, I believe it can take up to 10 1004 at a go or even more, Orile, Agege, Amukoko, Ijora, Agboju, most part of Alimosho, Okokomaiko etc; the time has come for us to do something to the housing need of the people and ensure that lands are not wasted, because correct me if am wrong, building bungalow in a city like Lagos should be completely abolished; we should encourage people to form cooperative and build a minimum of 8 storey build on a plot and ensure that they construct underground car park, so that there will be enough spaces for recreational activities. We should realise that our population is growing and the era of building bungalow all in the name of owning a house should be stopped; visit Isheri area along the New Lasu Road, and imagine up to 5 1004 there.

So in order to truly fix our housing need in Lagos steps needs to be taken to recreate another 1004, or call it 2008 or 4016 depending on the available spaces; if there can be adequate movement of people or resettlement or temporary accomodation; I will suggest that the government move into slums and first relocate the people in phases, develop the site and return them; example is to take like 10 street, relocate the people to a temoporary accomodation, erect the building and infrastructures, then neatly and quitely return the occupants based on their previous capacity but a decent accomodation; we can task the architect to design a standard one room, one parlour and one room, one parlour and two rooms and one parlour and three rooms all with toilets, store and kitchen.

If our architect cannot design decent and affodable accomodate at low cost with very good material so that the apartment could be sold at affordable rates, then we should turn to the Chinese or Japanese for solution because we all can attest to their architectural masterpiece if the building is about 10 storey previous owners ofthe land should get at least one or two apartment and also share in the sale of other apartments and if possible to make it more appealing to land owner the land and/or part of the property should be returned to the owners after 50 years or thereabout.

The state should also ensure that enough recreational spaces are provided and all parking spaces should be underground, these should give enough spaces for schools, hospitals, markets etc, all must come with similar underground car parking experience; private schools should think of coming together to create a standing school with enough space for sporting and social activities; markets should have underground car parks as well as hospitals; garden expart should not be left out, they should be part of the design to ensure that every floor on each of the buildings has spaces for flowers or a small garden that must be put to use; with simple regulation I believe our people can live in houses like this and when one can find affordable one room apartment in a condusive environment they will be more organised; lets send our contribution and make sure it is constructive, who knows? people in authority might be visiting Nairaland. Oga Fashola, this or even more is possible and affordable

VISIT THE MAIN THREAD HERE TO SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTION: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-264671.0.html
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Goldman08: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2009
@luckiest,
My guy,why can't you just create your own thread instead of you posting your statement here, Okay, I'm just suggesting,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2009
who b ths sef, ?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by luckiest: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2009
Goldman08:

@luckiest,
My guy,why can't you just create your own thread instead of you posting your statement here, Okay, I'm just suggesting,

Goldman08; yeah you are right, but if you read closely you will find out that there is a thread already I only wish to invite my guys on this thread to read thru and post there own response thats all
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by whimsical(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2009
@Switched

Thanks for ur care. It was a very bad xperience and I had to get myself a new decoder. As for getting a dstv card, it's far from reach as any dealer that has one will charge between 13-15k as dstv don't sale smart cards alone. I had to get a complete set during their promo. as It appeared to be cheaper that getting just the card.

Anyway take care and good luck to those who want to try the upgrade.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2009
ur frnd,
help me out,
Nwadike ebuka
smart card no:017 1013 1489-0.
paid N4000.
Ojodu berger branch
Teller no:630994
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by const6(m): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2009
@switched

I have a DSTV smartcard (the type that is not married to any decorder) and also a DSD 900 decorder.

I can sell the smart card to you for 9k

You can call me on 08065743525 if you are still interested.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2009
@const6

I wish you had responded earlier. I got the smartcard 2 days ago for 11k. I may still be interested in the decoder though. I'll have to wait till the installer comes tomorrow, it seems the small HITV dish can't pick all the DSTV channels. I can only view about 20, if installing a new 90cm dish doesn't work, I may be forced to take you up on the decoder.
Thanks.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Sology and whimsical

I'm not sure urfriend got it right when he said we needed to upgrade our strong decoders to get hi life / hi kids. A friend of mine brought his HITV smartcard to visit yesterday, we slotted it in and alas! Hi kid and hi life came up on my screen. Too bad they went off when i replaced the smartcard with mine.

I guess this proves that it may not be something to do with upgrading after all. Maybe we have just been moved to 2nd class subscribers category
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by linksman(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
@switched,
with regards to getting all DSTV channels on your receiver, the size of your 60cm dish has nothing to do with it.
tell your installer to make sure to do a blind scan on the Eutelsat W4 satellite. or tell him to enter the frequency parameters manually, then run a blind scan. all the channels should pop up.
pls do not touch or tamper with your dish.
good luck.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
@linksman

Thanks man for the tip. It came a little too late again though. I changed to a 90cm dish this morning and I think I have all the channels now after doing the blind scan thing. So you really think I've wasted 8k?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by dodos(f): 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ urfriend

I bought my HiTV branded decoder about a month ago but when i powered it i realised the LCD Screen was not lighting but though the stand by button had the blue light around it, it was not functioning as well.  I therefore had to borrow a friend's strong decoder to put in my card.  what do i do please advise cos i need to use an equipment i have paid for

Secondly when will HiTV start showing live boxing, and when does HiTv intend to get the rights to all the Premiership matches as it stands now it is still better with DSTV because they show all HiTv shows and even better and current movies.

I think HiTV needs a dedicated Hollywood movie channel operated by the company and not by any free to air channel like Sony
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
@const6

trying your number. If its off switch it on. Need to talk about that DSTV smart card.
and what is the DSD 900 decoder about? How different is it? Is it different from the strong dual sim decoder that am told is around now?

@switched, so its not an upgrade issue afterall? I dont know what it is they are doing but its frustrating.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2009
@soloqy

I see you're thinking of using DSTV alongside your HITV. It's not a bad idea. Now I only insert the HITV card when there's a premiership game on. I really wish they had addressed our problems with Hi life and hi kids.

If you have any information on how or where to get the strong dual sim decoder you mentioned, i'd appreciate you letting me know. Thanks.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2009
@switched

Called the guy again today. He says its still available. Its 15k .

Just set up a yahoo mail add that you can post online that you wont use for serious things. Post the yahoo email here and i will send you the guy's number to the address.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 4:02pm On May 02, 2009
@Urfriend,

Many weeks have gone by and HiTV has not resolve our problem (disappearance of Hi life and Hi Kids). This is not fair. The upgrade is not the solution if another Smart Card shown Hi Life and Hi Kids
switched:

@Sology and whimsical

I'm not sure urfriend got it right when he said we needed to upgrade our strong decoders to get hi life / hi kids. A friend of mine brought his HITV smartcard to visit yesterday, we slotted it in and alas! Hi kid and hi life came up on my screen. Too bad they went off when i replaced the smartcard with mine.

I guess this proves that it may not be something to do with upgrading after all. Maybe we have just been moved to 2nd class subscribers category
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 11:53pm On May 02, 2009
donaremu, isnt that funny? One is complaining that they dont have enough content and now we have to do without two more.

Anyways, @switched, I am getting ready for the Football Season-end and I got the Dstv card from const6 but i havent paid for subscription yet.

I want to pay for the compact cause am pleasantly surprised that BBC entertainment and TV5 Monde are part of the bouquet.

So how are you enjoying the dstv? Which bouquet did you pay for? compact , family or the whole ten yards? grin .

I will be going to pay 4 d compact on monday. My hitv subscription expired yesterday and am really having second thoughts on paying for it.

I mean, the season will be over in just about a month plus and i also am short of two channels from hitv so whats the point ? When I ll be paying the dstv N4, 300 with top-draw entertainment.
The way i see it, it maybe next football season before i pay for hitv again.

I will miss the Amazing race and Leverage though.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 9:22am On May 03, 2009
@soloqy
My thoughts exactly. I paid for compact and like you said, it is top draw entertainment. I will pay for another month of HITV and then rest my smartcard until midway through the next premiership season. I'll be watching the early season matches delayed on DSTV Super Sports. I'll only go back to HITV when things are hotting up and better watched live. It is DSTV all the way from now on.

Regarding Amazing Race and Leverage, I can assure you you won't have much time to miss them when you immerse yourself in the limitless options on display with BBC Entertainment, Mnet Series, Mnet action, Hallmark etc.

I really wanted to watch HITV grow but it's a shame they don't seem to care about us. I have never been able to reach HITV customer services ever! You have a problem, you are on your own.

Something tells me HITV may lose the premiership rights next time around. I wonder what position that will put them then.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 3:42pm On May 03, 2009
@switched
My brother, I just went to the Program guide on dstv website and Hallmark has year 2005 even to 2008 movies they show. I always thought that Hallmark was a channel for classical movies but am surprised. Not the pre-millenium movies we are used to on the mix and SET

Another reason am excited is that Idols is on Mnet series. Cant wait till monday.

As for Hitv, they may yet keep the premiership next time around but I will be watching em sparingly.

I am beginning to wean myself of football(moreso now when that professor at Emirates keeps messing things up for us). My very close friends are not so mad about football and all have dstv instead of hitv.

I am the one who is so particular about football.

I watched the saturday's football at a viewing center and it wasnt such a bad idea so i may just go that way for football and stick with the Entertainment at DSTV

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58) (Reply)

BBNaija: Neo And Vee Kiss Deeply After Emerging Finalists / Laycon Wins Big Brother Naija 2020 (bbnaija) / Meet The Young Men Behind BBNAIJA Official Sponsors, Abeg & Patricia (Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.