Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,195 members, 7,919,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 02:27 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (73521 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Mercy2002: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
Solong,ochucks,it seems you guys have nothing else to do,how can you keep wasting ur value time on raheem,mr raheem,its good to be heard but sometimes you have to shut up.
Pls ochucks can i use my Hitv decorder to get free to air stations
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2009
@MERCY2002 Am not so sure.seems der decorders are programmed 4 only der signals.go and get a strong decorder
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 2:40am On Oct 14, 2009
Raahym:

@ solo1ng1,

I appreciate the fact that you said " i doubt" Doubt is weapon strong enought to destroy the mind of that man that is never optimistic. I work and i get good pay. As a matter of fact i couldnt be happier.

So, treat your guts, swallow your pride and be good.

Raahym, the outcry and disappointment with HITV is as a result of the increase in your subscription fees to 6k.

Am sorry to say that if you guys dont revert to the old fees of 4k, HITV would be faced with the same danger that TITV and FTV faced.

You cannot charge people 6k to show them only football its unfair.

So many of us here were using HITV but have all dumped it. I would rather pay 9k and watch DSTV premium than pay 6k and watch ACBN and football.

Please dont give us the proudly Nigeria nonsense. If you were proudly Nigerian, you wouldnt turn around and reap off Nigerians.

Have you compared your content that you are charging 6k to the content DSTV has on Compact package? There is no comparism.

Besides, there is much more football on DSTV than on HITV. I have found that out.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 6:18am On Oct 14, 2009
@soloqy, rahym is a joker!either he gets hitv as a freebie or he finks we r dumb.naija company my ass,hitv wnts 2 a an int'l company so they shld hav world class standards.we thot dstv was shavin heads,hitv is decapitatin!mumu channels lyk biscon,acbn etc plus some futbol 4 6k, and he wants support.na beans?6k na peanuts for d rubbish they put out?for me,hitv is on d last leg.i paid my yr's sub in full and wen its done, then its done.m simply tired of bein fooled by hitv.alws take d gud channels away,leave d useless ones.now m payin to watch stv + tvc, channels i dnt even watch free, oshi!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2009
Raahym:

@ All,

I think we should give HITV/EHL/HI-MEDIA some time since we all are aware of the fact that its a new brand and she deserves to be tolerated.
HITV/EHL is working very hard to bringing to the homes of Nigerians great viewing experience and classical contents. This is also a technological based company and you are well aware that HITV is proudly Nigeria, recruits only Nigerians, Operates in Nigeria and moreso some of the equipment used gets a lot of scrutiny before importing if HITV/EHL has to. Which means some of the equipments are locally made.

Considering the terrain HITV/EHL operates in (NAIJA) then we would say that SHE has achieved (No Power, NO Water, NO Government) As we all no constant and stable elctricity gives an avenue for growth to indegenous company's, good governance also is a key factor in the growth of a company by protecting the right of the individual and the company against reep offs, overcharging of taxes, ilegal tax inasion et all.

Please let us tolerate HITV/EHL some more and you would be shocked at the progress.

@Raahym,
Bros, na wa for you? The bible said if you want to start a business, you must count the cost. HiTV thought they could hold Nigerian to ransome because of football. cool My brother, I have dump my HiTV (29.5 stations @ 6k) for DsTV cos I have options: 1.5K (30 stations), 2.5k (40 stations), 4.5K (60 stations) & 9K (90 stations).
Please Nigerians are not fools
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2009
if hitv is sincere dey would find out dat as d months roll by more & more subcribers are leaving der network
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by agitator: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2009
The mentality of Nigerian businessmen is just to make money and when people complain, their response is go to hell.  Why? Because they have made some millions through our collective patronage and feel their customers are not important anymore.  When the customers start leaving, then they will start playing the patriotism card. SUPPORT MADE IN NIGERIA, APPECIATE MADE IN NIGERIA, PROUDLY NIGERIA.  If they had listened to customers complaints and worked towards resolving issues raised, all these wouldn't have been necessary.

Secondly most businesses products/services are priced beyond what the average nigerian can afford, remember the minimum wage in nigeria is =N=5,500. There are more people earning less than =N=20,000/month approximately 70% of government work force and you expect same people to pay =N6,000. for TV watching only not mentioning basic necessities such as food, housing, transportation to work, children school fees, health, light bills/fuel for generators to watch your satellite tv.

Since your service is exclusively for the rich continue and see how far you can go.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2009
soloqy:

Please dont give us the proudly Nigeria nonsense. If you were proudly Nigerian, you wouldnt turn around and reap off Nigerians.

@soloqy
Funny isn't it? The way these folks just throw the Proudly Nigerian slogan at you and expect you to accept part with your hard earned money for any kind of sub-standard service. Is that what proudly nigerian is about?

I haven't seen what is so proudly nigerian about HITV. Their poor quality is a disservice to nigeria and I don't think Nigerians can be proud of them in any way. And to think that they want folks to pay more for less! And now they are harrassing Viewing Centres with police - very proudly nigerian.

The only reason I pray for HITV's survival is so that they can continue to keep DSTV, the preferred Pay TV, on their toes as has been the case in the short time HITV has existed.

The truth is nobody is satisfied with HITV right now and they will probably continue to lose subscribers to DSTV and FTA.

The likes of Urfriend and Rahym should save their breath. They are unfortunately preaching to an empty church.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 14, 2009
@maskuraid,

Brov, why did u have to commit so much of your hard earned dough on hitv. It sounds to me like wasted money. We just cannot pay 6k for what is presently obtainable on HITV. Charges just have to be commensurate with service, period.

Hitv built their business model on a faulty premise and without a plan B (they failed what is ordinarily a Bus 101 course) and this is all apparent in their latest desperations.

Going forward, I hope Hitv can just swallow it's pride and review the sub downward.  It makes more business sense to have 200,00 subs paying you 4k/month to having 120,000 subs paying 6k/month (Do the maths to find out! grin).

Until Hitv understands this basic  principles of doing business in our clime, they will just be exhibiting despereration and running without moving.

For now DStv rockkkssss!!!!!.

Hope u guys are votin Kevin. Soloqy I know u don't like the dude
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by phizz: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2009
@Agitator, real talk®
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2009
Nobody answered my question.
Am getting a new channel on my decoder. HiPlus.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2009
Dclique:

Nobody answered my question.
Am getting a new channel on my decoder. HiPlus.

Honestly, most of us don't really care anymore of what is going on with Hitv programming until they resolve the issue on pricing.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ilugun,u knw wat we go thru 4 d missus, watchin d gunners is worth a lil bit of dough, i had 2 please her 1st.nw we all v seen d rubbish they r made of so wen i splash d cash 4 sth berra she aint gonna crucify me.u knw she cnt go to v/ctr lyk i can, m jst waitin 4 som stuff to fall in place, then its hi history!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
ilugunboy:

@maskuraid,

Brov, why did u have to commit so much of your hard earned dough on hitv. It sounds to me like wasted money. We just cannot pay 6k for what is presently obtainable on HITV. Charges just have to be commensurate with service, period.

Hitv built their business model on a faulty premise and without a plan B (they failed what is ordinarily a Bus 101 course) and this is all apparent in their latest desperations.

Going forward, I hope Hitv can just swallow it's pride and review the sub downward.  It makes more business sense to have 200,00 subs paying you 4k/month to having 120,000 subs paying 6k/month (Do the maths to find out! grin).

Until Hitv understands this basic  principles of doing business in our clime, they will just be exhibiting despereration and running without moving.

For now DStv rockkkssss!!!!!.

Hope u guys are votin Kevin. Soloqy I know u don't like the dude

Ilugun, I no dislike Kevin but his acting for the cameras too much and that will cost him the mulla
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 12:05am On Oct 15, 2009
switched:

@soloqy
Funny isn't it? The way these folks just throw the Proudly Nigerian slogan at you and expect you to accept part with your hard earned money for any kind of sub-standard service. Is that what proudly nigerian is about?

I haven't seen what is so proudly nigerian about HITV. Their poor quality is a disservice to nigeria and I don't think Nigerians can be proud of them in any way. And to think that they want folks to pay more for less! And now they are harrassing Viewing Centres with police - very proudly nigerian.

The only reason I pray for HITV's survival is so that they can continue to keep DSTV, the preferred Pay TV, on their toes as has been the case in the short time HITV has existed.

The truth is nobody is satisfied with HITV right now and they will probably continue to lose subscribers to DSTV and FTA.

The likes of Urfriend and Rahym should save their breath. They are unfortunately preaching to an empty church.

No mind them jare. Hope you are watching BB? I didnt want to get involved but I made the mistake of watching for the first few weeks and am now spending too much time on it. And you know that for self employed people like us, its not good.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 12:08am On Oct 15, 2009
maskuraid:

@soloqy, rahym is a joker!either he gets hitv as a freebie or he finks we r dumb.

@maskuraid Rahyym works at HITV. That I know of.Urfriend is not a permanent staff but Rahymm is.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 15, 2009
soloqy:

@maskuraid Rahyym works at HITV. That I know of.Urfriend is not a permanent staff but Rahymm is.

Soloqy, both works full time for HItv, that am sure of, but while Rahyym is a core operational staff in one of the main dept, Urfriend is a staff that works more with the Hi Mag production (we ended up becoming personal friends).

Soloqy, see how ur sister started running her mouth about night clubs and using ur car keys as your means of gaining entrance to one night club in calabar? chei!, that girl don suffer naija
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 9:47am On Oct 15, 2009
ilugunboy:

Soloqy, both works full time for HItv, that am sure of, but while Rahyym is a core operational staff in one of the main dept, Urfriend is a staff that works more with the Hi Mag production (we ended up becoming personal friends).

Soloqy, see how your sister started running her mouth about night clubs and using your car keys as your means of gaining entrance to one night club in calabar? chei!, that girl don suffer naija

She talks too much. She is also very thick in the head. Its very embarrasing.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2009
soloqy:

No mind them jare. Hope you are watching BB? I didnt want to get involved but I made the mistake of watching for the first few weeks and am now spending too much time on it. And you know that for self employed people like us, its not good.

@soloqy
I share your sentiments. Yes I'm watching BB and it is almost addictive. I have been trying hard not to admit that publicly. One almost feels irresponsible being hooked up on the antics of guys and gals living in a house.

As for HITV, I am waiting to see how they will handle the crisis they are in. Even if they are not admitting it right now. How biz jare, my broda?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by puskin: 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2009
HiTV is treading the same path Setanta treaded.
Focusing only on football and not developing programme content is going 2mark their downfall.
But like sum1 rightly pointed out, HiTV being there helps 2keep Dstv on their toes.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 2:28am On Oct 18, 2009
I did d unthinkable!afta almost 3yrs of wasted time,unkept promises & fake hype,i bought me a DSTV decoder.mo tibe fun oshi!cnt continu wit all d proudly naija rubbish jare.jst 1day & d diff is so obvious.hitv shld ask demselfs sha,wat wld make a man wit a yr's pd sub still dump dem for dstv's compact, then dey wil knw der's fire on d mountain!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2009
Hitv is finished.pls am pleading with mr tony 2 forget about premiership rights 4 d next 3 yrs so dat other meaningful paytv can bring it 2 us. Anyway i see hitv loosing d rights. Mr tony i see dat ur market strategy is not working at all or maybe ur marketing manager lacks d marketing tricks.as d days row by nigerians are dropping hitv 4 other paytvs.nigerians saw dat u were enslaving dem with ur epl and cl rights so dey decided 2 forget about football and drop hitv 4 dstv.dstv knows dat paytv business is not all about futball but entertainment,dat is why dey are making it.it's high time u guys forgot about futball and give d few subcribers remaining in ur network entertainment
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2009
Ochukss:

Hitv is finished.pls am pleading with mr tony 2 forget about premiership rights 4 d next 3 yrs so dat other meaningful paytv can bring it 2 us. Anyway i see hitv loosing d rights. Mr tony i see dat your market strategy is not working at all or maybe your marketing manager lacks d marketing tricks.as d days row by nigerians are dropping hitv 4 other paytvs.nigerians saw dat u were enslaving dem with your epl and cl rights so dey decided 2 forget about football and drop hitv 4 dstv.dstv knows dat paytv business is not all about futball but entertainment,dat is why dey are making it.it's high time u guys forgot about futball and give d few subcribers remaining in your network entertainment

With what they have now, the only thing that can stem the tide is if they revert to the 4k monthly subscription. No penny more.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Fadajasi(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2009
HiTV is gonna serve beta soon
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2009
Fadajasi:

Wateva undecided
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by solo1ng1: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2009
@all,

The only thing i gained from subscribing to Hithief is that they made my wiser. It was after the inflated price that i knew about FTA and to God be the glory, am really catching the fever, life is beautiful, so why should hithief be making life difficult for we nigerian, their customer? No value for money at all,
You guys better think twince or else,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
Fadajasi:

When? This year or never? cool
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Prince77: 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2009
please help me connect my subscription. Details below
Name: Adewumi oluwasegun
Smart card number: 017101328387
Amount: #14,700 (for 3months)
Phone No. 08035-037109
Bracnh:Enugu
Teller number:2144177
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 12:09am On Oct 22, 2009
My HiTv has been showing no/bad signal for a while now. Thought it was because of rain but it wasn't. It hasn't even rained in days. So what could be the problem?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by puskin: 2:58am On Oct 22, 2009
Berra dump it nd switch back to DSTV.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2009
True, but I just paid recently. . . Can you imagine!.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2009
Hi Dclique,

If your system is showing no or bad signal means your dish as shifted or the cable at the back of your decoder as gone off,so i advice you check it well or call your installer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (58) (Reply)

BBNaija: Neo And Vee Kiss Deeply After Emerging Finalists / Laycon Wins Big Brother Naija 2020 (bbnaija) / Meet The Young Men Behind BBNAIJA Official Sponsors, Abeg & Patricia (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.