Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,088 members, 7,903,542 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Things To Do While Waiting For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things To Do While Waiting For A Job (35795 Views)

9 Jobs You Can Do While Waiting For Your NYSC Posting / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / 5 Things You Should Never Do While Waiting To Hear Back About A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by shiftback: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2016
Brownville007:
Why that is true to some extent, it's not practical oriented. Rather than visiting nairaland burning mb. Start a blog and you sure to even forget looking for a job at the end of the month. I earn x2 of my monthly salary from my blog monthly and I only work 2-3 hours every night. But the Thomas's won't believe this any way.

what's your blog address?
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by oesnac(m): 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
While just want to make money without investing kobo
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by deywarley(m): 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
adorablevic:
Nice talk....nd stay out of relationships
Unless you have an orente as a girlfriend.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nice way out and encouragement.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Brownville007: 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
shiftback:

what's your blog address?
I blog at [.] com, scholarsvision.com and careerail.com ( though down now). I run a conglomerate of blogs.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2016
Amen
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by benedictac(f): 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
dela13:
Nice post. I was relieved after reading this post. May God bless all the jobless graduate with a good job this year...

and the non-graduates nko?
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by adorablevic: 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
deywarley:

Unless you have an orente as a girlfriend.
yh..dat's d only way
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by alexx187(m): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
Brownville007:
Why that is true to some extent, it's not practical oriented. Rather than visiting nairaland burning mb. Start a blog and you sure to even forget looking for a job at the end of the month. I earn x2 of my monthly salary from my blog monthly and I only work 2-3 hours every night. But the Thomas's won't believe this any way.
......noted brownville,how can u be of help,really want to get into this......thanks
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by wink2015(m): 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
I will go to Syria and join the Bashir Al Asad government to fight the ISIL that will enable me some money to keep me going while I wait for job. grin
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by jaez(m): 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
anochuko01:
can you please explain this
lol
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Brownville007: 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
alexx187:
......noted brownville,how can u be of help,really want to get into this......thanks
Pm sir.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nafizzey(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2016
danieloy4:
Six Things to Do While Waiting For A Job in Nigeria

The rate of unemployment is increasing by the day, to capture the attention of your future employers therefore; you have to do things differently to distinguish yourself from the crowd. As a young school leaver/ job seeker in Nigeria, there are several things you can do to boost your skills, maximize your strengths and prepare yourself adequately for the job market.

Here are a couple of tips that have worked for others over time:

Invest in yourself by attending relevant courses and trainings: Lots of people say that trainings and courses in Nigeria are expensive but a quick search on Google or just taking time out to nake enquiries in some training instuites will show you free courses and trainings within your neighborhood that are geared towards making you more “employable”, helping you acquire more skills and giving you an edge over other job seekers.

Volunteer or do a free internship: While waiting to land the dream job, strategic volunteering increases your chances at getting employed. Unemployed Journalist? Volunteer to a local media house. You can also offer pro bono services to NGO’s to ensure that your skills are up-to-date.

Network and Optimize your Circle of influence: If you have worked before, this is the time to pull out your diary and get in touch with ex-clients, ex- partners, internship supervisors and ex-colleagues and spread the word about your search for a job.
As a young school leaver however, you can speak to your friends and those within your social circle; church groups, gyms, online forums, e.t.c. You will be surprised that someone may just have the perfect job for you.

Also attend events sponsored by your alumni, go to lectures and relevant events organized for your industry. These events are perfect for meeting future employers and also exchanging ideas with people of like-mind.

Freelance: In this age of the internet, you can stay home and earn a living. So how about offering your skills on some freelance websites? Freelancing will increase your experience, skill, resume, income and self-confidence.

Build an online presence: How about using the online platforms like Facebook and Blogs to talk about your passion?
LinkedIn is also a great platform for networking, meeting future employers of labor and decision makers. So create a profile there, include important keywords you want to be seen for, include your portfolio/skill set/education, then connect and engage human resource personnel and decision makers in organizations you want to work for.

Take Care of yourself: Job-hunting can be tiring and draining as long hours are put into searching and applying for suitable positions; it’s advisable that you take some time out and focus on what you love doing. Be it singing, dancing, going to see a new movie, or just hanging out with supportive friends. Exercising it also a good way of ensuring that you stay healthy, positive and determined.

Entrepreneurship: You can also be your own BOSS by going into business whether small scale or big depending on your capital,by this you dont have to answer to anyone. Develop Your Ideas For Services That Will Be Desperately Needed In The Future.

N.B. And most importantly na Baba God sure pass,so pray for connection, trust him and wait on him till his favor shines through you.
And I believe God will favor us and provide Jobs for each and everyone one of us this year IJN.
Dont lose hope, believe...

stop posting all this epistles. rather I suggest you should come up with something to alert the APC led government to start creating the so called jobs they promised our young graduates. It's already 3 weeks into 2016.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by sheubaba2013: 7:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nice post very encouraging. As a young engineer, I have started learning one hand work which is very profitable and is also an engineering job. I have to take the pains and learn it. How long am I going to wait and start complaining about un employment? Wise up time is not your friend... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by alexx187(m): 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2016
Brownville007:

Pm sir.
......done...but this pm thing.....if received kindly let me know or email me on rrado72@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
losprince:
You can also explore your other talents, and when hunting for jobs don't settle for less and don't stay at home, at least leave the house in the morning and come back in the afternoon or evening or else people will start talking-- that's if you care by the way undecided
gringringrin
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2016
[b][/b][i][/i][i][/i]This is most inspiring post I 've read in this forum this year. may God bless the MoD. I say a big AMEN to this post[b]This is most inspiring post I 've read in this forum this year. may God bless the MoD. I say a big AMEN to this post[/b]This is most inspiring post I 've read in this forum this year. may God bless the MoD. I say a big AMEN to this post
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Richiy(f): 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
Great article.

To those interested in free internships just to keep busy, pm me. I have something interesting.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by gametalk: 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
You av all made valid points.
This will only works IF you drop the tag "I'M A GRADUATE PRIDE... God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nafizzey:
stop posting all this epistles. rather I suggest you should come up with something to alert the APC led government to start creating the so called jobs they promised our young graduates. It's already 3 weeks into 2016.
Buffalo i dont understand what your problem is,if your life is so frustrated because you re jobless, how is that any of my biz. You could commit suicide to alert the govt to your plight. Your mates are doing better tins with dere lives, you're sitting down wallowing in frustration waiting for the govt to give u job. U go sit tire
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by kenendo55(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
Amen oo
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by stechi(m): 8:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nafizzey(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
danieloy4:

Buffalo i dont understand what your problem is,if your life is so frustrated because you re jobless, how is that any of my biz. You could commit suicide to alert the govt to your plight. Your mates are doing better tins with dere lives, you're sitting down wallowing in frustration waiting for the govt to give u job. U go sit tire
You are the Buffalo from all I can see. I just opine on an issue without any name calling but you are taking it personal. BTW ain't jobless as you thought.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by butanep(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
adorablevic:
Nice talk....nd stay out of relationships

So a guy that is jobless should bang a woman... how will he keep his nerves down?
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by kendo55: 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
danieloy4:
Six Things to Do While Waiting For A Job in Nigeria

The rate of unemployment is increasing by the day, to capture the attention of your future employers therefore; you have to do things differently to distinguish yourself from the crowd. As a young school leaver/ job seeker in Nigeria, there are several things you can do to boost your skills, maximize your strengths and prepare yourself adequately for the job market.

Here are a couple of tips that have worked for others over time:

Invest in yourself by attending relevant courses and trainings: Lots of people say that trainings and courses in Nigeria are expensive but a quick search on Google or just taking time out to nake enquiries in some training instuites will show you free courses and trainings within your neighborhood that are geared towards making you more “employable”, helping you acquire more skills and giving you an edge over other job seekers.

Volunteer or do a free internship: While waiting to land the dream job, strategic volunteering increases your chances at getting employed. Unemployed Journalist? Volunteer to a local media house. You can also offer pro bono services to NGO’s to ensure that your skills are up-to-date.

Network and Optimize your Circle of influence: If you have worked before, this is the time to pull out your diary and get in touch with ex-clients, ex- partners, internship supervisors and ex-colleagues and spread the word about your search for a job.
As a young school leaver however, you can speak to your friends and those within your social circle; church groups, gyms, online forums, e.t.c. You will be surprised that someone may just have the perfect job for you.

Also attend events sponsored by your alumni, go to lectures and relevant events organized for your industry. These events are perfect for meeting future employers and also exchanging ideas with people of like-mind.

Freelance: In this age of the internet, you can stay home and earn a living. So how about offering your skills on some freelance websites? Freelancing will increase your experience, skill, resume, income and self-confidence.

Build an online presence: How about using the online platforms like Facebook and Blogs to talk about your passion?
LinkedIn is also a great platform for networking, meeting future employers of labor and decision makers. So create a profile there, include important keywords you want to be seen for, include your portfolio/skill set/education, then connect and engage human resource personnel and decision makers in organizations you want to work for.

Take Care of yourself: Job-hunting can be tiring and draining as long hours are put into searching and applying for suitable positions; it’s advisable that you take some time out and focus on what you love doing. Be it singing, dancing, going to see a new movie, or just hanging out with supportive friends. Exercising it also a good way of ensuring that you stay healthy, positive and determined.

Entrepreneurship: You can also be your own BOSS by going into business whether small scale or big depending on your capital,by this you dont have to answer to anyone. Develop Your Ideas For Services That Will Be Desperately Needed In The Future.

N.B. And most importantly na Baba God sure pass,so pray for connection, trust him and wait on him till his favor shines through you.
And I believe God will favor us and provide Jobs for each and everyone one of us this year IJN.
Dont lose hope, believe...

talking about freelance, remind me of
http://pushnaira.com/freelancer/?ref_id_usr=59
http://pushnaira.com/
They are good and proudly Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by ipreach: 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2016
Best thread of the month of January
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
Brownville007:

can you pls educate me on all the requirements to start a blog?
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 26, 2016
Richiy:
Great article.

To those interested in free internships just to keep busy, pm me. I have something interesting.
What kind of internships? What industry?
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by adorablevic: 2:57am On Jan 26, 2016
butanep:

So a guy that is jobless should bang a woman... how will he keep his nerves down?
don't u understand d meaning of "stay out of relationships"? undecided
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by mayorisaac: 9:56am On Jan 26, 2016
dela13:
Nice post. I was relieved after reading this post. May God bless all the jobless graduate with a good job this year...
Amen ooo, my heart melts for them
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Job by mayorisaac: 10:05am On Jan 26, 2016
During that time they can do something interesting and lucrative... check my signature for details

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Apply For N-power 2017 Massive Job Recruitment / Nigeria Police Force Batch2016 Recruitment (APRIL 1st) / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.