Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,720 members, 7,882,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

Top Five Underrated Nigerian Rappers. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Five Underrated Nigerian Rappers. (712 Views)

Vector Replies M.I For Dissing Nigerian Rappers In His Song (video) / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / Top 6 Most Underrated Nigerian Artistes Of The Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Five Underrated Nigerian Rappers. by chyckxx(m): 1:57am On Jan 26, 2016
Nigerian music industry and the politics involved , being a big fan of the industry, not just a fan but also an artiste, I've observed some hardworking and talented MCs whom efforts are being unappreciated and overlooked.
The list is strictly my opinion, you might have a contrary view.

5. Poe
I needn't write much about him, hearing just a verse from him would get you convinced. Poe is known for delivering skillful and fluent lines.

4. Boogey
Sanctum remains a hit, Boogey remains a monster. The “Irregularly Scheduled Programme” Mixtape is one which deserves to be played all day long; I mean the project is excellent.

3. Mojeed
Westernized West African. we ain't gonna pretend we haven't heard of this Mixtape that got everyone talking. this dude switches flows from English to Yoruba to Pidgin, his versatility couldn't be messed upon. Mojeed is a monster, you can confirm that yourself.

2. OZone
another Aristokrat Records rapper. That feeling that comes up when I hear "it's Ozee". This dude is actually superior, the Superiority Complex Mixtape is one you couldn't be sleeping on. he also did a fascinating verse on the Hennesy Artistry Rap Cypher.

1. Yung6ix
He's a king.
what's rap without puns and wordplays?!
This dude does it better than any other when it comes to clever usage of words.
He has a Mixtape and an album, Green Light Green and 6ix O'clock. He has hit songs like Blessings ft. Oritse Femi, For Example Ft. Stonebwoy etc. I still don't understand why he's underrated, he deserves the number one spot in Nigeria, if it's a Hip-hop chart.

Notable mentions:
ShowDemCamp
Bridge[LOS]
Phenom
Swagkidcornel cool
AQ
Re: Top Five Underrated Nigerian Rappers. by adewaletb3(m): 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
I totally agree with you on mojeed. That nigga rocks my Playlist.
Re: Top Five Underrated Nigerian Rappers. by sEGXY2(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ah gat much love 4 yung six buh d dude tryna go mainstream lately,that nigge.r be talking bout money and thots.That shiit aint cool mehn!
Re: Top Five Underrated Nigerian Rappers. by jojothaiv(m): 11:17am On Jan 27, 2016
Much respect to
Boogey, Poe & Mojeed....
My favourites are Suté, BlaqBonez, Echo(his last mixtape), Phlow, Erigga & Paybac!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Handsome Between #kcee And #iyanya / Olumide Oluendo - Lyrical Madding / Rae Sremmurd - Sremmlife 2 (album Review)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.