Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,765 members, 7,945,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee (1210 Views)

FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project / Amaechi And El-rufai Commission Kaduna Inland Dry Port(photos) / Amaechi Visits Plateau, Inspects Ongoing Work At Heipang Inland Dry Port, Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Ponponkon: 8:39am On Jan 26, 2016
Governor Ikpeazu inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee

Pulse News Agency Local By NAN | 04:36 | 26.01.2016
 Ikpeazu said that the state government was pursuing vigorously its desire to open access to trade and commerce in the state.

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, on Monday in Umuahia inaugurated Abia Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee.

Ikpeazu said that the state government was pursuing vigorously its desire to open access to trade and commerce in the state.

"Time has come for us to look at the resources and potential which abound in the state, and fully deploy them to the achievement of a great state," he said.

The governor said that the action became necessary considering the current trend in the international oil market. Ikpeazu said that the state government was desirous to develop avenues that would support inflow of businesses.

He said that it was for this reason that the state government carefully selected people of proven capability and experience as members of the committee.

The governor, who urged members of the committee to live up to expectation, called on the people of the state to make positive contributions to the realisation of the project. Responding, the chairman of the committee, Chief Dan Nwankwo, gave the assurance that every member of the committee would work hard for the realisation of the project. Nwankwo expressed optimism that the project would contribute immensely to the growth of the state's economy.

http://pulse.ng/local/in-abia-governor-ikpeazu-inaugurates-inland-dry-port-project-implementation-committee-id4605952.html

Cc: Mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by kelvincoll(m): 9:14am On Jan 26, 2016
Nice development... anything to boost the state's IGR is fine and good.
Apparently the Oil value depreciation is beginning to have some leaders think outside the box.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Praisemelody(m): 9:19am On Jan 26, 2016
nize
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by obasiken: 9:28am On Jan 26, 2016
Ponponkon I know that you are just doing your job by showing the achievements of okezie but please take it easy. Stop this propaganda.

His master T A Orji said the same thing in 2009. Now he is following the same steps. He should just focus on the roads and help the enterprenuers in abia.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by BALLOSKI: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2016
IPod should face these men and, not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Chigold101(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2016
What will be the work of this committee?
It is important it made known to the public, so that we will know when impact is made or not.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by comos: 10:05am On Jan 26, 2016
obasiken:
Ponponkon I know that you are just doing your job by showing the achievements of okezie but please take it easy. Stop this propaganda.

His master T A Orji said the same thing in 2009. Now he is following the same steps. He should just focus on the roads and help the enterprenuers in abia.

Please don't die of heart-ache because of Ikeazu good works in Abia state.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
I would have preferred a foundation stone laying ceremony than these wine drinking committees.

Abia should develop agriculture. If they are serious, let them offer me hectares of land, i will set up plantain, banana and snail farms where their unemployed youths will work and get paid.

At least, i will pay my workers more than the N5,000 stipend Buhari promised unemployed graduates..

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Ponponkon: 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
obasiken:

Noted
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Ponponkon: 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Naughtysite:
I would have preferred a foundation stone laying ceremony than these wine drinking committees.

Abia should develop agriculture. If they are serious, let them offer me hectares of land, i will set up plantain, banana and snail farms where their unemployed youths will work and get paid.

At least, i will pay my workers more than the N5,000 stipend Buhari promised unemployed graduates..
Dr Ikpeazu is not a noise maker,all he promised he's almost fulfilling. Give us some days you will see the foundation laying maybe when that is done your next attack will be that 9 inches blocks would have been used instead of 6inches

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Adminisher: 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
Is this guy in PDP?. I am getting impressed o

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Ponponkon: 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
Mynd44 is this not a right step to take?
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Ponponkon: 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
Adminisher:
Is this guy in PDP?. I am getting impressed o
Yes he is a PDP governor but his name is Dr Ikpeazu. Individuals work not party
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Inaugurates Inland Dry Port Project Implementation Committee by Ponponkon: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:

Please don't die of heart-ache because of Ikeazu good works in Abia state.

Don't mind him,even lalasticlala can attest that the present Abia State is on the rise to greatness

(1) (Reply)

Yanusa Was Only Following Islamic Doctrine / Obiano Visits Onitsha Shoprite / ''i Will Soon Expose You'', Ganduje Lashed At Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.