Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,911 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:17 PM

How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari (1599 Views)

Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo / MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / FG working “silently” to resolve herdsmen/farmers clashes – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by Dotng: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2016
How I plan to end Fulani herdsmen, farmers clashes – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari said Monday in Abuja that poverty, injustice and the lack of job opportunities were mainly responsible for inter-communal and intra-communal conflicts in Nigeria.
Speaking while receiving a delegation from the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue, an organization active in the promotion of peace in Nigeria, President Buhari said to achieve enduring peace in the country, greater effort must be made to eradicate poverty and injustice.
The president described ethnic and religious conflicts in parts of the country as outward manifestations of underlying problems of joblessness, injustice and poverty.
On conflicts between farmers and herdsmen, President Buhari said that a plan to map out grazing areas will soon be presented to the Nigerian Governors Forum as a temporary solution to the frequent conflicts until cattle owners are persuaded to adopt other means of rearing their cattle.
Repeated clashes between Fulani herdsmen and farmers have led to thousands of deaths.
On Sunday, the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in charge of Vunokilang Police Station in Girei Local Government Area of Adamawa State was killed alongside 30 other people in an attack by suspected Fulani herdsmen.
The suspected herdsmen raided four villages: Demsare, Wunamokoh, Dikajam and Taboungo in what is believed to be a vengeance mission over an existing feud with farmers in the area.

Several houses and other property in the villages were also burnt in the attack.
The DPO, Okozie Okereofor, a Chief Superintendent of Police, who was deployed to the state about two months ago, was said to have been ambushed when he was leading police officers to the disputed area. He was killed in the eventual shootout with his assailants.
The Police in Adamawa have confirmed the killing of Mr. Okereofor.
“The DPO and his team were attacked while on official duty in the affected villages where he was killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen,” the spokesperson of the Adamawa State Police Command, Othman Abubakar, said.
Mr. Buhari commended the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue for the relative peace that had returned to Plateau State as well as their on-going activity in Southern Kaduna.
He agreed with the centre that dialogue was always preferable to the use of law and order mechanisms and force in the resolution of conflicts.
The Executive Director of the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue, David Harland, told President Buhari that following their success in facilitating the settlement of the inter-ethnic and inter-religious conflicts in Plateau State, the group had moved to Kaduna State.
He expressed the hope that the techniques used in bringing peace to Plateau State can soon be deployed to deal with the Boko Haram insurgency and other conflicts in Nigeria.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197340-how-i-plan-to-end-fulani-herdsmen-farmers-clashes-buhari.html
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by Akkord4gov: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2016

Agreed with the president,poverty,joblessness and others are the root causes of these problems but ending these is a longtime project. The question is,will these Fulani hardsmen continue to kill before we eliminate poverty and lack of jobs? The President should find a solution asap. Their activities can bring a country down

An experience with them as a youth corper last year will last long in my memory.
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by Topestbilly(m): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2016
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by peacengine(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2016
An attack against Boko Haram(Fulani/Hausa) is an attack on the North - Buhari

Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by PunterTim(m): 9:44am On Jan 26, 2016
Kul!
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by Blackfire(m): 10:09am On Jan 26, 2016
The courage, outright impunity that these fulani destroys life and properties without a single remorse.... Will make u ask one thing , who /what is there backbones?

Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by lincolnj88: 10:14am On Jan 26, 2016
dem go kill us finish before u go act
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by ewigmee: 10:20am On Jan 26, 2016
Mr president, these kids see you as god, they need to hear from you. You own cows which are reared in a ranch, speak against the atrocities committed by herds men - use yourself as example of a good herdsman and watch them copy from you. It's a known fact that the owners of the cows are well to do alhajis - make laws that will mandate them to rear their animals in a ranch. It will not only help the host community, but will go along way to better the lives of the young guys.
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by EastanPower(m): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2016
Funny enough Omenka does not comment on threads involving fulani murderers that are at the verge of exterminating the MB people.
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by looseweight: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2016
Talk is cheap. As old as you are, you want to achieve all these within four years.
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by omenka(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2016
EastanPower:
Funny enough Omenka does not comment on threads involving fulani murderers that are at the verge of exterminating the MB people.
You go die on top my matter.

Worry about them killing your chiefs and raping your mothers and daughters. Let us worry about our own problems.

Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by EastanPower(m): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:
You go die on top my matter.

Worry about them killing your chiefs and raping your mothers and daughters. Let us worry about our own problems.

The extent of their atrocities on our land is nothing to be compared to the scale of attacks being carried out by the fulani in your MB lands.

I think your people are endangered species. grin grin grin grin

There are cases of mass attacks where entire communities are wiped out and mass rapes.

neither the East nor West witness these scale of attacks from the fulani demons.

With the rate the fulani invaders are "working" on your region, the entire MB may very soon become grazing fields for fulani cattle.
Chai! cheesy
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by MansaMoussa: 10:32am On Jan 26, 2016
I didn't hear anything about arrest and prosecution of these murderers!
Do the problems he listed justify the genocide fulani herdsmen carry out yearly?
If Buhari tackles this menace with 0.1 the enthusiasm he's putting in this anti-corruption war, there would be relative success!
ops I forgot! How can I ask a man to turn against his people? Pardon me...(even though he expects others to turn against their people in this his government)

Smh!
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by MansaMoussa: 10:33am On Jan 26, 2016
:oI didn't hear anything about arrest and prosecution of these murderers!
Do the problems he listed justify the genocide fulani herdsmen carry out yearly? cheesy wink angry
If Buhari tackles this menace with 0.1 the enthusiasm he's putting in this anti-corruption war, there would be relatively successful !
ops I forgot! How can I ask a man to turn against his people? Pardon me...(even though he expects others to turn against their people in this his government)

Smh!
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by seunny4lif(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by nduchucks: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2016
Dotng:

On conflicts between farmers and herdsmen, President Buhari said that a plan to map out grazing areas will soon be presented to the Nigerian Governors Forum as a temporary solution to the frequent conflicts until cattle owners are persuaded to adopt other means of

Practical solution! All the herdsmen want to do is use the grazing areas they've been using for hundreds of years. They are denied access to these areas by insensitive folks who fail to see that urban sprawling is a threat to the lives and livelihoods of the herdsnen.
Re: How I Plan To End Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Buhari by kenny987(f): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2016
Now I know these demons have the full support and sympathy of Buhari. There he is talking about unemployment and injustice as causes of ethnic cleansing being carried out by his people. Are they d only ones suffering unemployment and injustice? Why is it not d same so called causes that are applied to the ND?

He and his security agencies quickly arrest and detain people of Southern extraction or harass their elders but in the North there is a convenient excuse for crime that involves murder, actually setting out to shed blood with no effort to prosecute such crimes. Yet protesting youths are arrested and termed terrorists.

One Nigeria is a myth and we have a date with the truth! Very soon everyone will answer their father's name and be in charge if their resources and economy. That is the only way out!

Caption These Pics Of Ben Bruce & Lai Mohammed Laughing Hard At Silverbird 2day / PHOTO: When Jonathan Says I Did Very Well Also To Curtail Corruption / We Are Sorry For ‘Toxic State’ Of Polity – PDP

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111