Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,397 members, 7,978,262 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:46 AM

Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan (659 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigeria Gives South Africa 24hours Ultimatum. Threatens Action / Inverter Dealer In Lagos, Nigeria Gives Inverter Plus Battery For Only N55,000 / Detained Pilgrim: Nigeria Gives Saudi Arabia 24hr Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by Roadblock: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
Just heard over the New that the senate just acccepted the President's request to give Saotome [b]10 Million Dollars interest free loan.[/b]Guys I dont have problem about helping a hardship striken country or being our brothers' keeper, as a matter of fact I commend the gesture and initiative of our president. My only concern is that , if we can afford to give an interest free loan that much to another counrty , how come we close our eyes to our own problems. How Come our Agricultural Sector, the Power sector, health are being negleted this long. I ran a thought on what 10 million dollars would do on our only route to the east ( the benin -ore road, where a journey that is not meant to take more than 3 hours could end up taken 7 - 10 hours and atimes a whole day, I thought of what that amount will do to our Health cares, Power Sector and Even to better the Lives and profession of our Police.
What baffles me more was how easy it was to agree to that by the senate, when it takes 5 months or more to agree on our National Budget.

The Last question on my mind is the timing, At this time of economic meltdown when everyone is trying to manage what is available, also knowing what is happening to our 0il reserves, Is this the right time for this? Well maybe I will be aable to answer my questions and curiousity after sampling your opinions.
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by russellino: 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2009
I'll ask a very simple question, how much are our lecturers asking for and why do they have to go on strike just to get heard. Is saotome more important than our educational sector?
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by Roadblock: 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2009
Hmmmmm,
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by hackney(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2009
Its good to help out if you are deemed fit to help
You'll see: in a few decades' time our then leaders will be clamouring to buy houses in Saotome because they
would have used the funds wisely.

Does anyone remember how we gave malaysia palm seedlings decades ago but now we are learning from them?
Nigeria is a hot mess.
Nigeria is like a big unintelligent muscular kid.
LMAO.
smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by generalzango(m): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2009
It's a BIG shame,when people in the Northern Nigeria feed less than dollar daily.
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by alahamad(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2009
generalzango:

It's a BIG shame,when people in the Northern Nigeria feed less than dollar daily.

hackney:

Its good to help out if you are deemed fit to help
You'll see: in a few decades' time our then leaders will be clamouring to buy houses in Saotome because they
would have used the funds wisely.

Does anyone remember how we gave malaysia palm seedlings decades ago but now we are learning from them?
Nigeria is a hot mess.
Nigeria is like a big unintelligent muscular kid.
LMAO.
smiley smiley

you guys said it all and i wonder what's next,
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by Tudor6(f): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2009
Give and it shall be given onto you good measure, pressed down,shaken together and running over shall ye recieve grin grin
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by MrCrackles(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2009
Poor nation giving out loans shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
I reckon this is a bait to catch a chunky fish in Saotome and Principe cheesy
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
this na old news now! a greek gift from our dear leader(Mr president) grin
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by generalzango(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2009
@ Al-ahamad i like ur advise. I'm Ahmad Musa by name.
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by SapeleGuy: 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2009
generalzango:

What are the Northern Governors or Arewa doing about this?

becomrich.:

sao tome population is less than oshodi. it is just 150,000. so can you call sao tome a country really.

Don't use WAZOBIA logic, what does it matter if they are 150,000 or 15,000. Liechstentein has a population of about 35,000.
Re: Nigeria Gives Republic Of Saotome 10 Million Dollars Interest Free Loan by Roadblock: 11:28pm On Jun 27, 2009
Looking at the fact that Nigeria's Debt just Hit N2.84 tr and we still can loan out10 million dollars to a nation that may not be able to payback especially when there is no interest involved. That money is as good as Dash.
Is Mr President alright?
I saw some sane members of the sanate agued against the move with brilliant points but as we all know Nigerian Presidents have a way of getting the senate to agree on anything they want especially when you have majority of the house as you party member. The whole SHITSTEM is sick.

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka Blasts Obj, Yar’adua Over Niger Delta Crisis / Nigeria: President Yar'adua Says He Is Happy With Militants Position. / Niger Delta Problem: Who Do We Actaully Bleme Please Be Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.