Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,840 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:55 AM

D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift (24167 Views)

Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr / Tunisia Defeat D’tigers In Afrobasket Final / BREAKING: Nigeria’s D’tigers Overpower Senegal, Zoom Into Afrobasket Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by uwajeh(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
I feel for D'tigers but they should remember that a good deal of the money doled out to the Eagles comes from funds given to the NFF by FIFA.

I don't think FIBA gives the NBBF anywhere near as much money as FIFA gives the NFF. I'm sure footballers in Angola would also complain that the country's basketballers are being paid higher bonuses than them.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

2 Likes

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Acidosis(m): 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
A times I wonder how some people reason.

Why should they forfeit their financial worth because the country is 'broke'?

Has Buhari or Osibanjo forfeited any of their jets, cars, salary and allowances since they resumed office?

Why are some people so stup1d? smiley

If Buhari won't up their motivation, I'd suggest the players should ruin the Olympics. The game should be sold to their opponent, while they can thereafter gather the offer, share among themselves to make up for their flight tickets back to the states.

3 Likes

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by chukzyblingz(m): 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Buhari wants to save up enough money to finance his aso rock budgets. Nonsense selfish old man

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by chukzyblingz(m): 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
Buhari wants to save up enough money to finance his aso rock budgets. Non.sense selfish old man.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by IVORY2009(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

Life in itself isnt fair. Far less Nigerians follow Basketball than football. Football is more of a national game than basketball. Our finances now isnt in top shape because of previous misgovernance. Please accept it with love. Its called a gift for a purpose. U dont dictate.

Blame blame blame blameeeeeeeeee, this is getting too much of the Govt of Buhari, the last time the national chairman Oyegun, was blaming God, the Min for agricuture, blamed IBB, Lia Mohammed blame GEJ/Olisa Mentu, wen will this govt settle down.

2 Likes

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by piagetskinner(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
Abeg make the give me if them no want.... I can start up a viable business with that amount
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by MadCow1: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
Pavarottii:

So people like this still exist in Nigeria. What av u done for ur country, u r abusing people that left UK to Naija to ur country proud.
Where has our patriotism gone to. Wen ur Moniker says it all..

Wise fo*l

Go Fhuck yourself to death..

They did the Country proud, We have acknowledged them. They were given a token reward of 600'K (2000 U$D) and they are demanding more. They even talked about getting houses and shiit. Okay, should there be a penalty for failing at these competitions or is it a one way street.

Representing Nigeria is a privilege. The fact that out of over 1 Hundred and 50 million plus people, they were singled out and given the privilege to fly the National colours should be reward enough.

Mind you, they get paid for participating in those events. The Government still caters for their welfare at those events, kit them and pay for their accommodation, gives them an allowance for participating as well. The Medals they won come with monetary allowances that we don't tax either.

What have I done for Nigeria? I work hard and pay my fhucking taxes from where that 600,000 that they are given is coming from. We all are not sports men and we all cant be sports men. We all do our parts in our own little way, but for them to be making demands for representing the Country is Unacceptable.

They should fhuck off if they don't want to represent the Nation, there are another 160 million people waiting for that chance they got to do the same thing.

Thanks for stopping by.

MadCow..

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by MadCow1: 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
sauceny:

You talk like a nincompoop

I didn't speak you reetard, I wrote.

What next do you have for me? cool
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by chinchum(m): 2:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
They should have been honored in another fashion. They are all professionals, some are NBA players earning multi million naira , and such reward is demotivating, and could be better if not done at all. It is not compulsory monetary reward was used to recognise them.

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
nani212:
The cash is small compared to what they achieved. Government should have rewarded them with a plot of land each because I know they will claim that the reason for giving them such amount is because Nigeria economy is bad or does bad economy affect plots of lands too

Prize money for AFCON is less than 1 million USD. How much their basket ball trophy worth? Didn't they receive allowance?
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by ihearYou(m): 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Must u bring ethnicity into this? Be sensible for once. Nigeria belongs to all of us. If u see 600k now,i bet u,all ur mis yarning will cease.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Exponental(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
match fixing will definitely increase now.

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Rewarded? How? Tell me how? What did Nigeria do for them?

They were given gifts as announced by the President. Do u know what Gift mean?
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
IVORY2009:

Blame blame blame blameeeeeeeeee, this is getting too much of the Govt of Buhari, the last time the national chairman Oyegun, was blaming God, the Min for agricuture, blamed IBB, Lia Mohammed blame GEJ/Olisa Mentu, wen will this govt settle down.

Nigerians are known to be very forgetful and never learn from their past especially when it relates to political leaders. We will constantly remind you lot of where u are coming from while working so hard in making sure things get better as promised.
However, ur desire in making sure Nigerians aren't constantly reminded of cursed decisions made by jonah-daft and co will never work.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

They were given gifts as announced by the President. Do u know what Gift mean?
They were gifted 600k, tell me what you think, Demdem? What does it mean?
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by IVORY2009(m): 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

Nigerians are known to be very forgetful and never learn from their past especially when it relates to political leaders. We will constantly remind you lot of where u are coming from while working so hard in making sure things get better as promised.
However, ur desire in making sure Nigerians aren't constantly reminded of cursed decisions made by jonah-daft and co will never work.

Demdem my friend, you make me laugh grin each time you come out to defend this govt, the question is why cant an appointed member of this govt hold a press conference and state it once, rather than coming out each time, things dont go well with the govt, its becoming worrisome to Nigerians, blame blame blameee blameeee in all sector of the economy.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
IVORY2009:

Demdem my friend, you make me laugh grin each time you come out to defend this govt, the question is why cant an appointed member of this govt hold a press conference and state it once, rather than coming out each time, this dont go well with the govt, its becoming worrisome to Nigerians, blame blame blameee blameeee in all sector of the economy.

Demdem:

[size=20pt]Nigerians are known to be very forgetful and never learn from their past especially when it relates to political leaders. We will constantly remind you lot of where u are coming from while working so hard in making sure things get better as promised.
However, ur desire in making sure Nigerians aren't constantly reminded of cursed decisions made by jonah-daft and co will never work.[/size]
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
They were gifted 600k, tell me what you think, Demdem? What does it mean?

Demdem:

Life in itself isnt fair. Far less Nigerians follow Basketball than football. Football is more of a national game than basketball. Our finances now isnt in top shape because of previous misgovernance. Please accept it with love. Its called a gift for a purpose. U dont dictate.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

Nonsense. You'd be acting mischievous if you really think there's no money to pay them well. There's no such thing as no money to pay them.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by IVORY2009(m): 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

There is no amount of explaination that you will take, mark it, @ the end of the 4yrs of this govt, they will still blame the last govt..... grin cheesy

N:B
what about the picture you were asked to snap to prove your point @ the Mar.University @ Delta state, u till no non frm you or the "Min of xport" ooooo grin cheesy
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by OwoLee(m): 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nothing in life is fair, except death... Teachers and lectures are been paid stipends, many don't even wish he/her child becomes a teacher, its the same teacher that thought the doctor, nurse, lawyers etc and they get stipends. Since its a national assignment, I think winning the gold medal alone should be an honour for the awardees. Nonetheless, the sports organization should look for ways of strengthening other sports...
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
IVORY2009:

There is no amount of explaination that you will take, mark it, @ the end of the 4yrs of this govt, they will still blame the last govt..... grin cheesy

[s]
N:B
what about the picture you were asked to snap to prove your point @ the Mar.University @ Delta state, u till no non frm you or the "Min of xport" ooooo grin cheesy[/s]

Go to the thread and raise it up.

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
[s]
Reyginus:
Nonsense. You'd be acting mischievous if you really think there's no money to pay them well. There's no such thing as no money to pay them.
[/s]

Bunkum. No money to pay them, do ur worse.
If they aren't happy with it, they should go deposit it inside TSA account in CBN.
Millions of good Nigerians ( heros in their rights) are likewise looking for even less than a million naira which is even less than what these lots were given.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
OwoLee:
Nothing in life is fair, except death... Teachers and lectures are been paid stipends, many don't even wish he/her child becomes a teacher, its the same teacher that thought the doctor, nurse, lawyers etc and they get stipends. Since its a national assignment, I think winning the gold medal alone should be an honour for the awardees. Nonetheless, the sports organization should look for ways of strengthening other sports...

Wellsaid.

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Bunkum. No money to pay them, do ur worse.
If they aren't happy with it, they should go deposit it inside TSA account in CBN.
Millions of good Nigerians ( heros in their rights) are likewise looking for even less than a million naira which is even less than what these lots were given.
Lolol. I forgot I was speaking to a Partisan Human. Enjoy bro.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Lolol. I forgot I was speaking to a Partisan Human. Enjoy bro.

I shared common sense to u. It's up to u to accept or not.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

I shared common sense to u. It's up to u to accept or not.
Your common sense is only common among your kind. You can keep it.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Your common sense is only common among your kind. You can keep it.

I agree. its not common among the dafts.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
It is a gift, not an entitlement. So why are they complaining? If they were complaining about unpaid allowances, then that would be an issue. 600, 000 naira is enough in this hard times. Don't some teachers even deserve better? What about the soldiers in the North fighting to protect the integrity of this country? If everyone working for the success of this country demands gifts or thinks 600, 000 is too small a gift, then that person is insensitive.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

I agree. its not common among the dafts.
Lolol. You want to win with experience I see but there's no fight. Thrust your spears deeper I'm willing to wash both your sins and mine away. Go ahead.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
[s]
Reyginus:
Lolol. You want to win with experience I see but there's no fight. Thrust your spears deeper I'm willing to wash both your sins and mine away. Go ahead.
[/s]

Senseless
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Senseless
Do you really have to say it? We already established a division. But why did you trade your soul for mental perfections? I'd be surprised if you answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Reveals His Lionel Messi Dream And Wants To Coach Superstar / Orji Kalu Asks FG To Sack NFF Management Team / Eden Hazard Wins 2019 Europa League Player Of The Season Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.