Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. (6871 Views)

Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State / "Why Fatima Buhari Became 4th Wife" - The Capital / Buhari Not Likely To Be Moved By NBA's Threat- The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Ebukaobi: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Making u proud brings me peace. Anything otherwise makes me sleepless

Proudly yours

Bia Nkem

How are you today? grin grin
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Begonia(m): 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2016
Not every thread must be given attention. Asaba is the capital of Delta state and no random online opinion can change that. I really like the idea of an "Anioma state" though.

2 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by MyGeneration(m): 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

I'm sorry but your high display of hypocrisy leaves me speechless adjectiveless sad atimes
What's ur problem with that barcanista guy...
I guess ppl like u are one of doz gullible igbos that tge moment anybody says anything about Biafra or Gej u people would be supporting the person up and down like mumus... Now y are u pained?
Gej was never by brother.
I can never be in support of Biafra.
Full blooded igbo.

2 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Slikbae: 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
OP, I'm urhobo and you spoke the mind of most deltans. Some prominent leaders have started speaking out concerning this issue and I know it will be revisited soon.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Emekamex(m): 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is only in Delta state that it's capital city is less viable, less popular, less active and no historic backing like other towns/cities other than to satisfy the wish of a woman(Maryam). Before independence, Warri was the capital of Delta province. Warri is the city that represents present day Delta state just as PH is to Rivers and Ibadan is to Oyo state. Warri deserves to be the seat of power! Even Israel had to move to their capital to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.

That said, for the sake of collective peace and unity, the capital should remain in Asaba. The deed has already been done. Beside, Asaba could have been chosen because as at then the 3 inhabitants of Warri were after their own heads due to disagreement.

Can this statement of yours be applied with Abuja and Lagos with Nigeria as case study? Be honest.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
MyGeneration:

What's ur problem with that barcanista guy...
I guess ppl like u are one of doz gullible igbos that tge moment anybody says anything about Biafra or Gej u people would be supporting the person up and down like mumus... Now y are u pained?
Gej was never by brother.
I can never be in support of Biafra.
Full blooded igbo.

I prefer smart people quoting me instead.
Now run along

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
That one na political talk na. Lol
tpiaobsession:

I seriously doubt it was because of Maryam.

Here, IBB said Asaba is his ancestral home although he did not explain further:

https://www.nairaland.com/428343/ill-run-2011-presidential-polls
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by tpiaobsession: 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That one na political talk na. Lol

ancestral home is not political talk, how so?
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nebuchadnezar: 5:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

I prefer smart people quoting me instead.
Now run along

I want to marry you kiss
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nebuchadnezar: 6:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
jonathanOz:

Why is the capital of Anambra, Awka and not Onitsha? Why is that of Abia, Umuahia and not Aba? What of that of Nigeia that is Abuja and not Lagos?

each statement from TonyeBarcanista each day shows how bigotry have eaten deep into his system making him to be yarning dust.

bigotry is really ruining the guy as fast as burning candle wax he's loosing it each day.

chaii imagine the guy compared with the almighty beef cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Candyrain(m): 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
Slikbae:
OP, I'm urhobo and you spoke the mind of most deltans. Some prominent leaders have started speaking out concerning this issue and I know it will be revisited soon.

The easy way out is to ask for the creation of Anioma State. So inform the prominent leaders to discuss in line with this. Anything other than this is just a wishful dream.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

I want to marry you kiss

Nebuchadnezzar? shocked
*opens my bible to the book of Daniel to remember his attrocities*
In Benin style grin, I fly and pass

Good day sir

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nebuchadnezar: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
funkyibodude:
the simple truth is that tonye barscanista is not from SS. He's just an imposter claiming to be an ijaw man. A normal thing here on nairaland, but too bad for him he's only deceiving himself.

Nope sir

TonyeBarcanista is a full blooded ijaw boy Okrika precisely but desperation is making him talk trash and baseless statements.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nebuchadnezar: 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Nebuchadnezzar? shocked
*opens my bible to the book of Daniel to remember his attrocities*
In Benin style grin, I fly and pass

Good day sir

hahahahahahaha you really have a good sense of humor grin

The king has spoken

king nebuchadnezar

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by MyGeneration(m): 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
Candyrain:

And who is this m.u.m.u?
And if you are full blooded Igbo, so?
Stay off that lady if you got nothing reasonable to say or contribute.

Anuofia.
LoL.... Is it not obvious she is picking on that barcanista guy ever since he stopped being pro biafra.
Back in the days 80percent of his followers were Igbo's for Gej for Biafra.
I warned u guys dont put all ur eggs in one basket but i was branded Yoruba. election don end Ijaw man starts saying he is better to be slave to the north than Biafra,
U guys start saying his account was hacked he is Yoruba i just dae laff una.
Tompolo efcc wants to charge him igbos want ti carry his matter they start saying he is innocent this and that, but Kanu own plain Ijaws said it doesnt concern them, they even started opening thread that he should be killed which i support though grin.
Now d marine academy in warri gbaramatu kingdom, sth dat does not concern u people, ijaws are fighting for themselves and their interest but none of u for once eveb mentioned it being sighted in the east but warri is better...
Bunch of mumus.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
Emekamex:

Can this statement of yours be applied with Abuja and Lagos with Nigeria as case study? Be honest.
The Abuja idea came up because the Murtala regime considered it wise to locate a federal territory in the center of Nigeria's geograpical space which will be under the exclusive control of the FG. It took almost two decades to effect the change. The scenario is different
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
Mr OP, I believe you must be very idle.
This is how it starts, the piece above is enough to push many youths into violent protests. You'll see people making noise, risking their lives as if they will get one kobo alert when the capital is moved.
I advise you face your studies (if you are a student), get a job, or start a business instead of cracking your head looking for a way to disorganize Delta state. We have enough boiling already.
You're right about Warri though, but this is the wrong way to go about it.
Work hard and become a top politician, a member of NA or senate then you can bring it up.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by MyGeneration(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014 sorry for insulting u i take dat back...
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by ikechu1278: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The Abuja idea came up because the Murtala regime considered it wise to locate a federal territory in the center of Nigeria's geograpical space which will be under the exclusive control of the FG. It took almost two decades to effect the change. The scenario is different

See the hypocrisy of the tribalistic fool. Omg how I wish I can meet you in real life, I'll happy spend the rest of my life in jail for your murder. I'll gladly take that sentence as long as I know you are 5 feet under. You are fycking sickening. I seriously hope you die in the most painful way very soon. Disgusting pig. #spit on your face.

@Rose2014 don't you ever call me when this ijaw clown is taking. Don't you ever cause I would personally join that zoo's government and join them in killing ijaws. Don't you ever call me cause this fool is making me despise that tribe with every fiber of my being

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by ikechu1278: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
Slikbae:

Who are those prominent leaders, name them and provide evidence. Worthless savage.

I'll keep saying this...rather than staying in NL with multiple fake ids, you guys know exactly where delta is, know exactly where Anioma is, come try your rubbish there. It's just that simple.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by ikechu1278: 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ugomba:
watz diz Tonyebarcanista and Spanishkid saying abt my Asaba? I have warned them to stay away from Delta North.
Yenegoa and Benin city are the worst capitals in SS and these two pained bigots want to open dia mouth and talk about Asaba instead of focusing on their backward states.

The worst part of it is that spanishkid is not even from SS, just constantly looking for attention. As for that tonyebarcainsta, I don't know how many times that savage confines to try and be speaker of SS. Even common ijaw , noone who the f2k he is. A rat in yenegoa has more say than that fool.
Agbaworo I sincerely owe you an apology. I really do. I see exactly what you are saying about ijaws. Those people are the worst thing put in SS. I can now understand why ikwerre leaders tried to get them out of river state through the bayelsa state creation. #spits on the floor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by funkyibodude(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

Nope sir

TonyeBarcanista is a full blooded ijaw boy Okrika precisely but desperation is making him talk trash and baseless statements.
doesn't matter bro, what matters is that GOV NYESOM WIKE HAS WON IN SUPREME COURT.... one of my predictions don happen. grin
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Scholes007(m): 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is only in Delta state that it's capital city is less viable, less popular, less active and no historic backing like other towns/cities other than to satisfy the wish of a woman(Maryam). Before independence, Warri was the capital of Delta province. Warri is the city that represents present day Delta state just as PH is to Rivers and Ibadan is to Oyo state. Warri deserves to be the seat of power! Even Israel had to move to their capital to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.

That said, for the sake of collective peace and unity, the capital should remain in Asaba. The deed has already been done. Beside, Asaba could have been chosen because as at then the 3 inhabitants of Warri were after their own heads due to disagreement.
what can you say about abia and anambra
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by DMerciful(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
You just contradicted yourself undecided No wise head of state will make a place of 'warring' capital! I'm from Delta and was in warri during the crises and even after d crises the place is still volatile as d peace is a negotiated peace and not a natural one!
TonyeBarcanista:

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Metrofox(m): 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

moomoo come and carry it with your block head na..why have you not moved capital from Abuja to Lagos..for your information Asaba has always played an important role in Nigeria..it was once the capital of the country with the citing of the headquarters of the royal Niger company before civilisation could even get to your village..and in terms of contribution of Delta north to the state, it's obviously evident in brain power..the sheer number of intellects..I hear sapele men are very good with dry gin
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by vayne(m): 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
MyGeneration:
Rose2014 sorry for insulting u i take dat back...
If only you realize how silly you have been sounding,do you even know why Biafra is being forth for?
About the attack on barcanista,do you know the definition of hypocracy?
About SS stand on Biafra,support and rejection have bought come,you only chose to stick to the rejection part!

Let me tell you,that you speak Igbo or born and bred in igboland doesn't make you Igbo,even if your parents are igbos!

You lack that which is inborn of a true igboman!
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by tpiaobsession: 12:09am On Jan 28, 2016
has the op explained why he opened the thread yet?
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by NoreenUG(f): 1:29am On Jan 28, 2016
tpiaobsession:
has the op explained why he opened the thread yet?

His sttupidity explained it already.

Asaba people have come out to debunk his dumb tales about "No Igbos in Delta State" by affirming that they, in fact, are Igbo. This has shattered his "We The SS" dreams, and now he tries to cast them in bad light by lambasting the Delta North for putting an end to his wetdreams; but what the dunderhead Mulattoclaro/Spanishkid has failed to realize is that, with this new act of brazen iidiocy, he has already scored an own-goal that will be used against him in the very near future by a singular mistake he just made (I won't say what it is just yet).

Shhhh... Don't tell him yet. grin
Watch how it plays out.

2 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by tpiaobsession: 2:01am On Jan 28, 2016

my point was i dont think people care that much where the capital is not to mention why is he all up in the state's business if he is not even from there.

i dont understand your rant, what is own goal when its not even his state?

its not that serious abeg, its just a forum.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 28, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by kenny987(f): 2:22am On Jan 28, 2016
Rose2014:

Because Asaba guys said they're Igbos, nothing more
They've bn trying to bully those guys to deny that they exist but their voice got even louder hence their oppressors are frustrated. Such impetus!!!

Kudos to Ugomba, Ikechu1278 and the rest of you guys. The slayers of of Spanishkid Tonyebarcanista and the likes

Nwanne! I ji ya! Best to speak the bald, unalloyed truth and let eejits roast in their hatred! Ndi oshi!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK Embassy In Nigeria Host Remembrance Sunday Service In Honor Of Nigerian Heros / Osibanjo Becomes President If Buhari Fail To Arrive Nigeria By Monday 7th / Which State In Nigeria Has This Type Of Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.