Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband (733 Views)

Before You Give Up On Finding Love, Read This / 5 Tips To Bring Back The Spark In Your Relationship. / Have You Given Up On Finding Love? Or Did You Eventually Find It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Missdodo: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
Yes o! Your own, not someone else’s. When it comes to topics like these, there are no experts and one woman’s experience may not cut it for the next. There are no special places to visit, I don’t believe that crap of sitting at the Palms and sipping drink every night till you meet 'the one', or attending every wedding you can and making sure to catch the bouquet. And forget all those people saying you are too choosy, you are too forward, you are bossy, you are too fat, one ex must have sworn for you, it must be spiritual, wash your head e.t.c! well, you can wash your head and do midnight prayer if you like, but consider these:

1. PREPARE FOR COMMITMENT IN YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS

Are you a ‘ride or die’ chic? By that I mean are you ready to make the sacrifice? Because if your married friends didn’t tell you, marriage is one sure place to test your sacrificing spirit! Yes there will be times when you will need to put your desires aside and focus on his, and if you have kids, add them to the equation. Being married takes a lot of commitment and sacrifice especially from the woman (note how the virtuous woman did plenty things!). If somewhere at the back of your mind, you ‘fear’ the commitment that comes with marriage, you may be the reason your status has not changed. Remember the subconscious mind communicates with Infinite Intelligence and will only give you what you desire!

2. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF

Try to answer this question, “if I were a man, will I marry me?” for many the answer is No. So love yourself, pamper yourself, treat yourself right e.t.c, No one can love you more than you love yourself? Learn to love 'you', make 'you' happy! Remember no one but you is responsible for your happiness. Looking to another person for happiness is not love, it is dependency. It is only when you love yourself that you can love someone else and when you love yourself, you know how someone should love you.

3. YES HUMAN BEINGS ARE FLAWED, INCLUDING YOU!

Be able to see your flaws and be accountable for them. When you realize you are flawed, you’d then see that we all are flawed. Now this doesn’t mean “settling for less”, it means accepting the fact that in relationships, there will be disagreements, there will be all sort of emotional baggage flying around. You need to identify yours and be able to talk about them openly and you need to learn to appreciate other people’s perspectives. There are different routes to the market, it doesn’t have to be your way all the time.

4. PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD

In my humble opinion, finding your husband is like finding a good job (forgive the comparison, but you sef think the matter). If you want to land that fab job you’ve been dreaming of, you ensure you have an understanding of the job description and the requisite skill and experience, you highlight your advantages and the value you would bring to the organisation and down play your shortcomings whilst trying to improve in the areas that need improvement …. So when people say ‘he should accept me the way I am,’ I ask, can you go for an interview for the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in an investment bank meanwhile you studied Yoruba education and have been teaching Yoruba Language in the local Primary School for the past 5 years and tell the organisation to employ you the way you are? It’s not possible. So if you meet a guy you like, without being fake, put your best foot forward, let him know how valuable you would be to him and then try to improve the areas in your life you think need improvement. It will help you be a better person overall

5. FORGET ABOUT THE JONES'S

So your best friend marries Senators son, your bff marries oil and gas MD and then a guy with a dream and a Honda baby boy approaches you and you can’t imagine the guys effrontery! Like seriously, can’t he see the ‘crowd’ you roll with? *rolls eye* You don’t want to look at that guy who graduated from University of Ibadan with a First Class and has a job with a multinational because he has ‘h’ factor, but you’d rather chase after the 'move back to Nigeria' dude who is still getting pocket money from Daddy simply because he seems to match the status! Forget what people will say, forget about keeping up appearances. Focus on your own happiness, live your life! Because at the end of the day, no one truly cares! Those that care won’t judge you!

[http://www.officialmissdodo..com.ng/2015/12/5-tips-on-finding-your-husband.html]
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Synzu(m): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
Sickstars over to you grin
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by donTbone(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
Think QueenValerie should see this
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

wink
#thumbUp
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Moradeeke(f): 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
be prayerful
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
donTbone:
Think QueenValerie should see this
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
wink
#thumbUp
Not lookin' ta wed any time soon,but when I am I'll have ta remember these Op.
Thanks for sharin' Don.
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by ClassCaptain(m): 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
be ready to help him get " a head"
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
ClassCaptain:
be ready to help him get " a head"
Thank the goodness you didn't make this list.
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by donTbone(m): 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
QueenValerie:
Not lookin' ta wed any time soon,but when I am I'll have ta remember thsee OP.
Thanks for sharin' Don.
grin grin grin grin grin
#cheers...
TO OUR BRIGHT FUTURE!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by ClassCaptain(m): 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
QueenValerie:
Thank the goodness you didn't make this list.

lol.. i said ahead ... ahead as in ahead in life..
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
ClassCaptain:

lol.. i said ahead ... ahead as in ahead in life..
Oh! embarassed My mistake. I'm gon go now,bye.
Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Missdodo: 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
QueenValerie:
Not lookin' ta wed any time soon,but when I am I'll have ta remember these Op.
Thanks for sharin' Don.

Thanks for reading and commenting. wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips On Finding 'your' Husband by Smellymouth: 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

I Borrowed Money For His Studies, Now He Says I’m Old, Wife Tells The Court / What Does It Mean When A Woman Suddenly Gets Angry? / ndi ara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.