Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,252 members, 7,943,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

My Own. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / My Own. (1218 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Own. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2009
Hello Nairaland.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2010
Because I could not stop for Death__
He kindly stopped for me__
The carriage held but just ourselves__
And immortality.
We slowly drove-He knew no haste
And I had put away my labor and my leisure too,
For His Civility.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 22, 2010
Embers in the Hearth
Are coaxed by the passing wind
But bring forth no flames.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 22, 2010
Embers in the Hearth
Are coaxed by the passing wind
But bring forth no flames.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
Fire dies fast in grief,
fire proclaims the soul's passion.
My soul clamours fire,
Fire rejects my sorrow dripping blood.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2011
The people of dark skin are supposed to be beautiful. They have the most fertile lands and warmest hearts. Why the hell do they lag behind in everything? I don't know one single black nation that has gotten to any meaningful stage or acheived any thing noteworthy. The rest of the world treat them like crap. They are called monkeys, treated like crap, denied good jobs just because of the colour of their skin . . or is really just because of the colour of teir skin?
I don't think so. I think they are looked down upon because they have not given other people reason to respect them, on the contrary, they have asked to be disrespected. They ask for it by passing laws against farting when half the nation is hungry and jobless and dying, They beg to be disrespected by staying put and getting so nonchalant when their leaders pillage and loot and just stop short of killing them with their own hands, they ask for more and more disrespect and disdain by copying and emulating and looking up to those that insult them. They adopt the culture of those that call them nigger and s/h/it-skin. They emulate them. Imitate them. Shape their cultures and way of life to be similar to theirs.
Isn't it all rather messed up?
The above is not a poem or story. It is . . . . . . I don't even know. It is what it is.
I wonder if Seun with his overzealous word filters forgot to set the filter for the word 'nigger'. Let me post and see.

OMG!!!!!!!!! He didn'tgrin grin grin. . . . . . . Ironic.
And that word is one of the most offensive words on earth,  . . . . . . . . This section is dead.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2011
Lol
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2011
Hello. What are you loling at, The things black people do or Seun's funny filter?
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
If we didn't have these problem as blacks perhaps we wouldn't be blackmen anymore. . .and rather 'greenmen' or 'indigomen' or something else outrageously unreal.

These woes seem to have become us. . .
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 18, 2011
adolfe bad:

These woes seem to have become us. . .
'have become us'. . . .You read a lot of poems don't you?

Anyway, so you think black people, due to their vary nature of being black cannot be seperated from their problems and are compelled by natural laws to always suffer these woes?
Suffer always, forever, no way out, for eternity?
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 18, 2011
We have had our own time in the past and perhaps never to resurface again.
The ancient Egyptians once ruled the world in those times and they were all completely blacks, before they gradually migrated.
We don't know where all these present albino Egyptians came from. . .
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2011
I agree with your former opinion about dark skin playing a part. Black people probably have some type of messed up physiology that keeps them from progressing.
The 'albino' (lol) Egyptians are descendants of ancient Mesopotamians (present day Iraqis) that forcefully took over rulership and started to make themselves Pharoahs.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 18, 2011
Exactly. . .
It is in the blood (try cutting yourself with a knife and see if your isn't BLACK). . .

However,
I see it as a blessing~
You know if a meteorite suddenly strikes the world in catastrophe, i tell you if there will be survivors. . .It will be blacks
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 18, 2011
Ok, I also agree with that. If there was a global catastrophe, blacks being physically stronger are likely to have more survivors. But that would not make any difference since they could just leave things to rot and degenerate, grossly fail to do the right things and ultimately cause an even greater catastrophe and end up destroying themselves.

I didn't see black blood when I cut myself. . . . .you lied. . . .
But seriously, I don't get the part about the black blood.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2011
Atleast before we end up destroying ourselves again we would have the ill-fated chance of ruling the world. . .
Even if it is a world of ruins, littered dead bodies and red dust.

Btw. . .
You also lied. . .you didn't cut yourself
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2011
They would, wouldn't they? They would rule the damaged, destroyed earth. I am probably wrong about the self destruction part. They might not self destruct, they might go ahead to wallow happily in the devastation that is the earth and last for millenia, seeing as how they are accustomed to living under sub-standard conditions.
Do you think white people have a higher intellectual capacity than black people? Honestly. . .?
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2011
Perhaps timing and chance do not favor the blackman. . .
If they do, along with appropriate conditions i do not see the whiteman holding a touch beside him atall.
This bighead that we have as blacks is definitely not empty.

But i must give kudos to the whiteman for a script well planned. They are in power and as such all these things that every single black nation experiences today is exactly what they wish for, behind those fake official smiles calling for mockingly hypocritic "let's save starving Africa" meetings every now and then. . .

So it makes you slowly wonder. . .are we truly the ones behind our own woes?
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2011
I assume you are talking about the years of slavery and how they held us back. While it is true that the colonial masters underdeveloped Africa to a degree, I have to say that they are not responsible for our present woes. There is a proverb I read in one book, it is sort of a short story, it goes; If a man and his family are living in peace and an outsider comes into his house and turn them against each other then leaves, you can still blame that outsider for causing the trouble in the house a short while after he leaves. But if the man's and his family are still fighting each other fifty years after the stranger leaves, then the members of the family are the ones with the problem, not the stranger.
Fine, the countries controlling the world want to keep the Black people subordinate and they have put crafty measures in place to ensure this, but why can't we resist these measures? We know what they are doing, we know most of their plans but we don't resist them. We know they steal our oil and drastically reduce the profit we ought to get from exporting it, yet we do nothing about it. We know they use IMF policies to keep Africa in debt, but we do nothing to liberate ourselves from the chains that tie us to these policies, these ones and other things they do, we know about them and only pay lip service to them. No action follows. Instead of taking pride in themselves and developing what they have, Africans foolishly copy and imitate those that want them to forever remain backwards and throw away the beautiful African culture in exchange for whatever rubbish they see white people doing.
So you see, the colonial masters are no longer to blame for our woes.
Thanks for your correspondence, I don't want to go on, I would just get angry. But it was nice, this little chat we had. Feel free to step out of the thread whenever you wish.
Re: My Own. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2011
I understand how you feel. . .

Anyways we hope you keep our nigger (truly unfiltered) eyes filled with more of 'my own'

(1) (Reply)

HOPE TILL END TIME COMES By George Adefemi / Asa Wa Ko Gbodo Pare : Our Culture Must Not Die / The Black Prayer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.